Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Music that pisses you off 
Some days I'm a super bitch

Clay Aiken - Merry Christmas With Love

On the cover the Clayster looks dressed to kill. Unfortunately though, so is the music. The songs are bloated beasts with crap arrangements, plus Aiken's melodramatic diva delivery makes me yearn for the comparative subtly of Mariah Carrey's. Anyway, Clay, thanks for the wishes, but after listening to this wreckage, to you I say: Merry Christmas...with odium!!!

Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey - "Baby, It's Cold Outside"

On Newlyweds, they were the happy couple brimming with infatuation. This track proves that they should now be officially moved from being labeled as "the happy couple" to "the married zombies." There is absolutely zero chemistry between the two and, frankly, Lachey sounds a bit lame in our now Backstreet-less world. Anyway, their cover of this holiday classic may be a lump of coal, but I'm still holding out for an eventual interpretation of Liz Phair's "Divorce Song." Now I bet we would see some chemistry there!

Anyway, I could go on and on listing covers of Christmas standards that piss me off, but I think having to endure an entire album plus a crap song from the radio is enough. Have a happy holidays you guys and maybe opt for some soothing silence this season :wink:

Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:45 am
Profile WWW
College Boy T

With a name like Wilco I was expecting something more Zeppelin-esque but I got more of a floyd-esque sound. Still good though. Both of those bands are my in my top 3 so wilco does a good sound.

What's the third band in your top 3? Rush?

Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:32 am
rustiphica

rusty wrote:
With a name like Wilco I was expecting something more Zeppelin-esque but I got more of a floyd-esque sound. Still good though. Both of those bands are my in my top 3 so wilco does a good sound.

What's the third band in your top 3? Rush?

I'll give ya my top 5

1. Led Zeppelin
2. Pink Floyd
3. Rush
4. The Doors
5. Eric Clapton

Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:16 pm
Teenage Dream

3. Pop. Britney Spears is a joke. Mariah Carrey is a joke. A majority of pop songs are about boys or sex anyway.

Well most pop singers are girls and well unless they are lesbians they might sing about guys.

Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3