Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 When We Were Young Fest 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post When We Were Young Fest
Have you seen the lineup for When We Were Young Fest?!?! It's insane. $225 is a lot (and the website says all sales are final, so if it's cancelled...), but it's also not with this mega all-star lineup that may never happen again on this scale.

This is very tempting to plan a vacation around before presales go live in 3 days. I don't know how many people these grounds hold (guessing ~80,000?), but it's going to sell out in minutes, isn't it?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Post Re: Last game you played?
Lol I was gonna post about that in your Headbangers thread. Yes, I will be going. The lineup and location make it a must.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:52 am
Devil's Advocate

Even I'd go to that if I could!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:08 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, here's hoping that in 9-months many things will have improved!

I like how Avril Lavigne is here. I don't know why she never appeared on any Warped Tour lineups (Katy Perry having a Warped Tour credit while Avril doesn't is so weird), but at least she's here for this!

Also, the next day at work for ~80,000 35-year-olds. :emo:
Spoiler: show

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:11 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: When We Were Young Fest
Yeah lineup is pretty crazy, someone posted a tweet meme about how this is a millenial's ipod mini library which is too true lol. Seems like it may be fun but thinking about going to a festival (especially thinking about Astroworld...) kinda turns me off.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:05 pm
The Kramer

publicenemy#1 wrote:
Yeah lineup is pretty crazy, someone posted a tweet meme about how this is a millenial's ipod mini library which is too true lol. Seems like it may be fun but thinking about going to a festival (especially thinking about Astroworld...) kinda turns me off.
I was gonna come in here and say this would be nothing like Astroworkd, but apparently it is run by the same people. :blink:

A bit of a red flag. Enough to ruin it? We will see.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:02 pm
100% That Bitch

Thats literally an all stars cast.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:28 pm
The Kramer

They added a second day with the same lineup.

I've been on the standby page for almost an hour though, so this is looking like a bust.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:50 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Same. I don't know when they went live, but I've been on the standby page since about 1:30. I knew this was going to sellout immediately though (the second day too), so should have payed more attention on when they went live.

I wonder what they'll go for on the secondary market. I'd pay a fair amount more, but I have a feeling they'll end up going for whatever people are willing to pay, which is likely a very, very high ceiling. Do I want to drop $1,000 (since I'll be buying 2)? Spending $450/500 on non-refundable tickets is a lot already, and risky, but $1,000+ is really... risky, to say the least.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

:funny:

Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I finally got in for Sunday, but tried to get several for my friends too and ended up striking out.

If you're willing to pay more they still have some GA+ tickets for $500. All you get with that extra $200 is special bathrooms, but better than paying the same amount on seatgeek right?

But as cool as this would have been, I'm not that upset since I already have RiotFest tickets. It will probably have a similiar lineup spread out over three days at half the cost (I think it was ~160ish.) What I was looking forward too most with this is just having Vegas turn into an Emo Scene for an entire weekend. Would have been really cool to see, but again, not that big of a deal.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:20 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

If I get through in the next ~20 minutes (been an hour-ish now, so might get lucky soon!), I'll do the $500 ones.

EDIT: Finally got through, but they're sold out... But, they have a waitlist option. The general tickets were $244.99 (plus $74.99 fee) though, so just went ahead and did the GA+ option ($520 each after fees). Chose Sunday in case Saturday has any hiccups/issues that can be resolved the next day.

Four days ago, we were thinking of going back to the beach this summer for vacation, but those plans sure changed quick! Never been to Vegas. I've been to most eastern states, but none to the west of Michigan.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I'll admit to being a little ill prepared as well. I was there at 1 EsT when they launched but did not have the foresight to tell the friends who did get through to buy an extra for me. I definitely did not expect it to be able to instantly sell out a "spontaneously added" second day. People kept calling it Warped Tour but this has turned into Millenial Coachella. It will be the place to be! FOMO is hitting hard but I also feel like there's a chance a third day and/or second weekend is added.

Vegas is awesome! I'd recommended staying at either Linq, Harrahs or Flamingo. They are middle of the Strip, which is where you want to be, and usually reasonable priced compared to the ones in the North. Would be about 30 minute walk to the Festival Grounds from there, maybe a bit more depending on human traffic. Your feet will hurt the next day but it's better than competing with thousands of other people for an uber!

Edit- I am on the Waitlist for Saturday now.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:23 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It feels like a once-in-a-lifetime sort of event. A lot of these bands are almost in their 40s, and some are. Not to say Gerald Way or anyone else here can't perform well at 45, but they're getting up there, you know. Could certainly be one of the last times so many of these high-profile bands gather together and give a good show.

Especially when you consider how COVID impacted, is still is impacting (Adele postponed her Vegas residency just days before it was suppose to begin this weekend...), everything.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Third day added for the next weekend. I can get them but my friends are going weekend before so not sure what to do.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:05 pm
The Kramer

Very disappointing. I really wanna see Evanescence but this card is just weak and they aren't even headlining. How does Breaking Benjamin have more pull than they do? It also doesn't feel like Danny Weimer spent any money on Ink this year. Guns N Roses, who are playing his Florida festival, probably cost more than every act on this lineup combined. And that weekend also has Foo Fighters and Kiss as the other headliners. Even if you don't think those headliners are better, the ticket is just much more valuable.

Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:50 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Very tempting just because it's pretty close. I can drive there in ~2.5/3 hours.

Sunday, in particular, is very meh. I never got into Disturbed much. They're fine, but not an act I'd ever seek out. But... it has BVB.

BUT... might be better off seeing all the interesting bands in other ways. I don't know several of these bands.

Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I should have prefaced by saying that Korn, Benjamin and Disturbed are all solid live acts. To me, they are Greatist Hits bands as opposed to Albums Artists, but when they play those hits it is hella fun. It's just that those three are always on Danny Weimer's fests (and also have local shows every year) and often in the #2 spot instead of as headliners.

Last year had Slipknot as the main draw. I'd say they are a tier above everyone here in terms of drawing power (they are playing 20,000 seat basketball arenas on their next tour.) On Saturday they had Mudvayne, who are not normally a headliner but it was their first show in over ten years. Sunday had Rob Zombie, about the same level of music popularity as Korn, but a much more well-known crossover celebrity. It just felt more special.

But again, if you're into the top names and haven't seen them recently then this is worth going to. The location is pretty cool. You can do a free tour of the prison (lines are LONG though), pay a few bucks for the "haunted" version of the tour or go into the special tatoo area. The two main stages are pretty easy to walk back and forth from without missing any songs. And its pretty easy to push your way to the front of the stage if you want to.

Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:30 pm
The Kramer

I bought a ticket for Sunday. Not an amazing lineup, I only like two people on there, but it is one of my all time favorites headlining a local festival (that I haven't been to) on my Birthday. The Fates demanded it! Vampire Weekend better play for a long time to justify that price though.

Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:49 pm
The Kramer

Now that is a proper rock festival! I really wanna go, but I don't know much about Sacramento and that'll make it a very expensive trip. Though the 4 day pass is only $100 more than WWWY's one day....

Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Friday, for me, is pretty meh. Jinjer, Spiritbox, and BFMV are good though. $100 for the pass with all these acts though is pretty great.

I'm not big on the festivals, are they typically stacked like this? Seems extra-stacked this year.

Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Agreed on friday headliners. The good news is that Kiss does their best song, Detroit Rock City, right away and you can leave after. :hahaha: But for real, having Against the Current in tiny font is what saves that day for me. Along with Chevelle and the people you already mentioned.

The festivals get more stacked by the year, though quality is obviously an opinion. Its a quick easy pay day for all of these artists and they get a chance to promote themselves to a bunch of new people at the same time.

My math was a bit off. With fees Aftershock is about $450 total vs When We Were Young's $320 (if tickets become available again.)

Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:58 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Similiar to Aftershock, but a lot closer and a lot cheaper ($250 + fees for the 4-day pass). Unfortunately it is in Kentucky, where there is not much else to do except reelecting Mitch McConnell.

Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:57 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yeah, much more appealing than Aftershock given the location. Plus, INCUBUS!

Unless something pops up in Columbus or Cincinnati, I'm strongly considering this one. Inkarceration's dates interfere with some other plans (plus it's a little meh).

Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next