Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Living on “stolen land” 
Hold the door!

Post Living on “stolen land”
Every year on Thanksgiving, I see tons of social media posts by liberals apologizing for stealing the land of Native Americans. Dunno, if they were really sorry, they’re at perfect liberty to give their property back. But for some reason I don’t see this happening! Could those liberals just be trying to make themselves look righteous?

Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:47 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Living on “stolen land”
It's another junk in social media that makes them feel good about themselves and important.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:42 am
On autopilot for the summer

I’m starting to get some pretty strong Uncle Leo vibes from Zwacks.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:16 pm
Devil's Advocate

They call it stolen but really it was either conquered in a war or bought from them or someone else. It's soft bigotry of low expectations when people act like Europeans or early Americans could just walk in and steal their land instead of having to fight them for it like everywhere else.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:09 pm
The Kramer

Well they were cut off from the rest of the world and didn’t have access to the technological advances the Europeans did. It was basically the same as Independence Day or any other alien invasion movie.

More to the point, Thanksgiving is supposed to celebrate the feast the Natives shared with the pilgrims. If the Pilgrims had all died that winter then its possible Europe may have deemed it uncolonizable. That didn’t exactly work out for the people who were kind and helpful did it? Generosity was rewarded with genocide. That should be remembered so it does not happen again.

Of course the Death Cult Party would have no problem with all of it. The more bodies the better!

Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:43 pm
The Kramer

Perhaps a more apt description would be the Burmese Pythons in the everglades. Is it the fault of raccoons and possums that they didn’t evolve natural defenses to a predator they should have never encountered?

Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:09 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

As an immigrant, it's always puzzled me to see this coming from people who also support huge amounts of immigration. Do they not realize that the more people come to US/Canada the less likely those lands will be given back to Native Americans or First Nations? In my experience, most of the young immigrants I know who came here (Canada) due to work or study are aware of the First Nations but they feel no special connection to them and did not immigrate here in order to bow down to them in any way.

Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]