Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next
 How worried about the Omicron variant are you? 

Not worried at all, let's move on with life 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Kind of worried, I might wear my mask but others don't have to 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pretty worried, we should force masks and social distancing 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Extremely worried, lockdown please! 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Unsure 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Sbil

Post Re: Will you take a Covid vaccine?
First shot: Sore arm for a few hours.

Second shot: Groggy the next day, arm wasn't sore.

That was it. Had Moderna. My last tetanus shot was far more painful.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:39 pm
Hold the door!

Feeling very achy today. Gonna go to bed after work. Wondering if it’s the vaccine or the fact I spent 5 hrs lying on the floor building a desk from IKEA yesterday.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:39 pm
Top Poster

Helpful article to understanding inflammation better, whether due to vaccine or human body's natural response to virus (including foods that help/hurt symptoms)

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/248423

Interesting article about the link between Covid-induced inflammation and the brain

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/cov ... smSN_d3Bss

Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

RIP Dan Kaminsky. Inflammation is a risk factor at exacerbating comorbidities of those with pre-existing conditions.

Perhaps without vaccine, he would've still contracted Covid (or a different virus like common flu) later, and his natural immune system response for inflammation might have also resulted in fatal outcome for his diabetes. That leads to a lot of hypotheticals, such as if it was many months later, he might've extended his life by many months more.

Who knows if he might've encounter just a small exposure to Covid, and then his natural immune system response might've triggered a much smaller (and less fatal) inflammation reaction than the one-size-fits-all vaccine dosage. Or maybe he might've never contracted Covid.

This is why it's important for each individual to be able to make their own personal choice for weighing the risk factors of inflammation vs. Covid-19 (both inflammation and other) effects based on their birth gender, age group, ethnicity, and existing health.

If one searches for "inflammation" rather than "vaccine", there are a lot of historical scientific data linking inflammation to worsening various health issues.

Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Telling vaccinated people to still wear masks is overkill... especially since the unvaccinated in the US is largely people who've chosen to take that risk. Michigan making 2-4 year olds wear masks is horrific and completely ignores that the risk of psychological and social skills damage (not to mention weakens immune system) is more than a virus almost none of them have died from.

Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:50 pm
Hold the door!

I am praying that Tom Wolf will end the mask mandate soon but I won’t hold my breath.

Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:46 pm
The Kramer

I like not being sick personally. Flu sucks, colds suck, it all sucks and I don’t wanna go back to it. We should keep the masks and social distancing. This shit will never happen again.

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:13 pm
Hold the door!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I like not being sick personally. Flu sucks, colds suck, it all sucks and I don’t wanna go back to it. We should keep the masks and social distancing. This shit will never happen again.

Feel free ! No one is stopping you from doing either.

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:34 pm
Romosexual!

Rev wrote:
Took my first shot yesterday (Pfizer) at CVS. My 2nd shot will be on the 20th of April.
Feeling fine, no symptoms yet. I hear the symptoms mostly come after the 2nd shot.
Still wearing mask, sanitizing and keeping my distance as usual.

Had my 2nd shot back on 4/20. No side effects...at all. :thumbsup:
Disappointed I didn't get any super powers. :thumbdown:

Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:01 am
Veteran

I'm fully vaccinated (Pfizer). No side effects. I read in the WSJ that vaccination rates are starting to plateau suggesting that we are approaching the point where everyone who wants to get the shot(s) will have gotten it. Even the first of the two Moderna or Pfizer shots affords significant protection so when I'm tracking US vaccinations I'm looking at the number of those who received at least one dose.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/covid-2021-04-26

I was blind, but now I see.

Sat May 01, 2021 10:48 pm
Top Poster

Any atypical feelings of depression after the vaccine, and if so, how long before you were back to normal? I’ve been reading about the link between depression and higher cytokine levels and inflammation.

Sun May 02, 2021 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Most people i have heard including my father take maximum 2 days after the vaccine to recover. Also to note that you don't feel the effects of the vaccine till your first sleep after the injection.

Sun May 02, 2021 8:09 pm
Keeping it Light

Alex Y. wrote:
Any atypical feelings of depression after the vaccine, and if so, how long before you were back to normal? I’ve been reading about the link between depression and higher cytokine levels and inflammation.

I haven't, but my wife expressed that her feelings of depression were heightened for 3 days after both the first and second shot before she felt it come down again. I didn't read up on it, but it sounds like that's a real thing for some.

Sun May 02, 2021 11:39 pm
Top Poster

I admit don’t really know anything about the various vaccines authorized in China, but just realized they didn’t authorize any of the vaccines allowed by US that were supposedly more effective.

But I came across this long essay here that point out all the vaccines authorized in China are all using a different non-protein approach
https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=242205

Quote:
the data is that the nucleocapsid section, which the vaccines do not code, is where most of the pre-existing resistance against serious disease resides.
their [China’s] vaccines are all full-protein inactivated and thus include the nucleocapsid portion

It raises huge red flag for me that China has not authorized any protein-based vaccine and are only giving its citizens vaccines not available in the US. Do they know something we don’t?

Here’s another study that claims that the protein itself without virus may be risky:
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-04- ... -lung.html

Mon May 03, 2021 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Maybe they do, but I'd bet money on it being a "we're not gonna let America say they bailed us out of this situation" type of deal.

Mon May 03, 2021 4:47 pm
The Kramer

Though with the world's cases rising, and America having more shots than citizens willing to take it, I think other nations will ease on this and happily except the P/J&J vaccines to get their economies working again.

Mon May 03, 2021 4:49 pm
Devil's Advocate

I heard Europe may actually have more vaccine hesitancy.

Mon May 03, 2021 6:50 pm
Keeping it Light

There's some differences in the effectiveness and side effects of the different vaccines, but all in all they're proving to be safe for the general population. For some people a certain type of vaccine may be safer than another one, and on something like this there may not be enough research yet.

But I think Israel, which seems to be the most vaccinated country right now, having no cases of serious side effects and very high elimination of the virus. I think this the best example of showing a safe path to pre-pandemic life.

And I don't think Europe is particularly vaccine hesitant, they've just had too much bureaucracy in obtaining vaccine supply and got way behind other developed countries in securing vaccines.

Tue May 04, 2021 12:44 am
Devil's Advocate

I think people should take the vaccine if they're afraid of covid, they shouldn't have to take it for some greater good or because society is being held hostage. Utilitarianism over worrying about yourself is never a demand we ask of people for good reason.

All that should be left soon is vaccinated people and people who don't care about the risk of covid, at that point there's no reason not to go back to 100% normal.

Tue May 04, 2021 2:43 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

The whole point of enough people getting the vaccine is to prevent it from mutating to the point that the vaccine becomes much less effective or mostly ineffective against the variant(s). If that were to happen, it'd be like we're starting all over again, but perhaps on a deadlier scale.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue May 04, 2021 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Variants are usually less deadly aren’t they, since they are similar to the original and the body will have some antibodies already?

PA set a 70% vaccination requirement to stop requiring masks, and I honestly don’t think we’ll ever get there. We have 51% with 1 shot and demand is already crumbling.

Tue May 04, 2021 5:06 pm
Hold the door!

I changed the poll to see KJ’s vaccine progress!

Wed May 05, 2021 3:39 pm
Top Poster

Post Re: Have you had the Covid vaccine?
Regarding the fear of US-authorized vaccines not protecting against less deadly naturally-occuring variants, I am more fearful about lab-created deadlier variants as part of ongoing biological warfare.

There are those who escaped from China who already revealed (and got censored) about Covid-19 being lab-created (and it's looking more and more so to be intentionally rather than accidentallly released).

Below article and its comment replies gives context to the scientific paper that explains how those with nucleocapsid antibodies of other coronaviruses were more protected from Covid-19.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=242285

So it is likely in future years that those who got China vaccines will be more protected from future lab-created variants.

China gave out the structure and function of the spike protein of Covid-19 to other vaccines companies, but purposely avoided it for its own vaccines, why would that be?

Thu May 06, 2021 9:28 am
Profile WWW
Top Poster

For the poll, I had picked "I am still waiting but will get it eventually".

I don't know if any of the China vaccines will ever get authorized in the US, but if not , I may try to eventually vacation in a country where it is available to get it there.

Or if China starts having its people to get current US-authorized vaccines, I would feel safer about getting a US one too.

Thu May 06, 2021 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

People who wear masks outside by themselves are morons.

Sat May 08, 2021 4:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next