Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 How worried about the Omicron variant are you? 

Not worried at all, let's move on with life 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Kind of worried, I might wear my mask but others don't have to 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pretty worried, we should force masks and social distancing 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Extremely worried, lockdown please! 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Unsure 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

100% That Bitch

Post Re: How worried about the Omicron variant are you?
Why are you guys arguing with Shack. He's never gonna change his mind or agree to something. Just go with his ideas

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:01 pm
Devil's Advocate

Mau wrote:
Why are you guys arguing with Shack. He's never gonna change his mind or agree to something. Just go with his ideas

There are no movies coming out in January so if anyone wants to waste time arguing with Shack I'm open for business!

I don't have a problem with anyone having pro vaccines and mandates type views. I just think people should try to disagree with the post rather than attack the poster.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:39 pm
New Server, Same X

Who were the two anti-vax celebs that died? I assume one was Meatloaf.

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:46 pm
Devil's Advocate

Mister Ecks wrote:
Who were the two anti-vax celebs that died? I assume one was Meatloaf.

I think Flava was referring to Djokovic getting kicked out of Australian Open

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:48 pm
The Kramer

Yes I meant Djok. Getting deported from Australia while also on the verge of breaking the record for most all-time grand slams is the type of covid punishments I'm into. It's very funny and no one actually gets hurt since Djok is already one of the richest people alive.

I'd lump in Aaron Rodgers, but he was losing to the 49ers in the playoffs long before the covid vaccine existed. :funny:

Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:33 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Pretty odd the refs didn't stop the count when it was 10-3.

But Green Bay and Rodgers can still make it to the Super Bowl if Mike Pence has enough courage this time.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Apparently the cdc is considering changing the definition of fully vaccinated to 3 shots.

Lol. The third shot is such a joke. It doesn't do anything

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:14 pm
Keeping it Light

Quote:
Data from clinical trials showed that a booster shot increased the immune response in trial participants who finished a Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna primary series 6 months earlier or who received a J&J/Janssen single-dose vaccine 2 months earlier. With an increased immune response, people should have improved protection against getting infected with COVID-19. For Pfizer-BioNTech and J&J/Janssen, clinical trials also showed that a booster shot helped prevent severe disease.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:42 pm
Hold the door!

stuffp wrote:
Quote:
Data from clinical trials showed that a booster shot increased the immune response in trial participants who finished a Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna primary series 6 months earlier or who received a J&J/Janssen single-dose vaccine 2 months earlier. With an increased immune response, people should have improved protection against getting infected with COVID-19. For Pfizer-BioNTech and J&J/Janssen, clinical trials also showed that a booster shot helped prevent severe disease.

I would love some actual numbers. For all we know, it could be "5% of those exposed to Omicron with 2 shots were protected, but 6% with boosters were protected from infection!"

2 shots also helps prevent severe disease. For the most part, being young and healthy prevents severe disease. For the most part, Omicron does not cause severe disease.

I know so many boosted people who got Omicron, if they are still spreading it what is the point of mandating everyone get it? Wasn't the whole point of mandating the shots to prevent the spread?

People who really think the booster makes much difference must not know a lot of boosted people, but everyone I know is testing positive, boosted or not.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:10 am
The Kramer

This made me laugh.

"So we're all supposed to prepare for blizzard conditions just because the scientific establishment and media say so? And anyone who says it will be 70 and sunny is cancelled? Do your own meteorology!"

Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:22 am
New Server, Same X

zwackerm wrote:
I know so many boosted people who got Omicron, if they are still spreading it what is the point of mandating everyone get it? Wasn't the whole point of mandating the shots to prevent the spread?

People who really think the booster makes much difference must not know a lot of boosted people, but everyone I know is testing positive, boosted or not.

People who get the flu shot every year knows that it doesn't prevent you from getting it, it lessens the symptoms if you get it. This is no different.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:11 am
New Server, Same X

I'm so sick of halfwits co-opting the general message of "my body, my choice" and saying they don't trust what's in the vaccine. Unless you have a honestly clean diet, don't come at me with that BS about what's in the vaccine.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:18 am
Hold the door!

Mister Ecks wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

People who get the flu shot every year knows that it doesn't prevent you from getting it, it lessens the symptoms if you get it. This is no different.

But what if someone doesn't care if they get it? I could see mandating the shot if it prevented spread but why should someone be forced to protect themselves from a disease they aren't worried about?

Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:03 pm
New Server, Same X

If you choose not to get it, that's your choice. It's then other people's choice to not serve you, not employ you, etc.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:53 pm
Devil's Advocate

Mister Ecks wrote:
If you choose not to get it, that's your choice. It's then other people's choice to not serve you, not employ you, etc.

So why does the government need to force businesses to follow it then? Just let restaurants decide if they want to check for vaccine cards.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:06 pm
New Server, Same X

Everyone's got a choice, man. It's what you choose to do and choose not to do.

Every day we wake up, we live by what we're told to do. There are rules, there are laws, we all have to follow it. We can choose not to and we can face the consequences of our actions. You guys have decided you don't want to follow what the rest of us are fine with, in the name of saying no to the government and saying no to the vaccine. It gives your life meaning to push back against it, I guess.

I feel for businesses. That's a whole other argument.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:48 pm
Hold the door!

I have the vaccine.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:59 pm
New Server, Same X

zwackerm wrote:
I have the vaccine.

You should probably throw it out, I’m sure it’s expired by now.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:49 am
The Kramer

As usual, the problem with the anti-vaxxers is they still go to the hospital and waste precious resources that could be going to someone whose illness is not a choice. The idea that real sick people can't have access to what they need because these antivax clowns think they know more about medicine than doctors will never not be infuriating.

The choice doesn't only affect them. They are hurting other people by doing it and they know it. So fuck em. :yes:

Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:49 pm
The Kramer

This could actually be a decent answer to the health care issue too. Maybe we can't afford universal health care, but we could give it to everyone who doesn't Believe the medical industry is full of Evil Shamans.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:05 pm
Devil's Advocate

Lots of European countries are ending covid restrictions. I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:25 pm
Veteran

Shack wrote:
Mau wrote:

There are no movies coming out in January so if anyone wants to waste time arguing with Shack I'm open for business!

I don't have a problem with anyone having pro vaccines and mandates type views. I just think people should try to disagree with the post rather than attack the poster.

But May, I happen to agree with just about everything Shack says. Lol.

Here’s a perspective on the stories of overworked hospitals in the US. Consider this:

Number of hospital beds in 1975: 1.465M for a Population of 216M
Number of hospital beds in 2021: 919K for a Population of 332M
Sources: CDC, AHA.org

Combine that with the medical worker shortage (labor shortages are happening in EVERY industry) and the prevalence of comorbities and the result is a strained medical system.

I was blind, but now I see.

Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:34 am
The Kramer

Not exactly Covid related, but I've gotten off work twice in the last month because of poor weather. In the previous ten years that had happened precisely zero times. Not saying my workplace is bad, I think just about every employer had the "well, if you die then you die" attitude when it came to situations like this. Protecting your workers from dangerous conditions has become normalized now though. A win for the good guys! Thanks for your sacrifices, everyone.

Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:39 pm
Devil's Advocate

Pretty optimistic that by first day of spring March 20 this could be "over"

Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:52 pm
Hold the door!

I guarantee you by the state of the union address, every mask and vaccine mandate in the country will be lifted so that Biden can take credit in the speech

Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next