Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
 How worried about the Omicron variant are you? 

Not worried at all, let's move on with life 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Kind of worried, I might wear my mask but others don't have to 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pretty worried, we should force masks and social distancing 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Extremely worried, lockdown please! 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Unsure 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Keeping it Light

Post Re: How worried about the Delta variant are you?
You had 5 shots Jack :shock:

Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:50 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

3 shots sorry I meant third dose as a booster :funny:

Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:10 pm
Extraordinary

I got my booster last month.

It's honestly been weird that I haven't gotten sick or had a cold in almost 2 years lol. Probably just jinxed it but hopefully not covid thank you zZz

Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:35 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Same! (Well, excluding some food poisoning this past summer... ugh. Wasn't COVID, I tested just in case.)

It's been pretty wonderful, really. And that's why I'm still wearing a mask in public and sanitizing/washing after going in and out of public places and stores and such. I would have been doing this far earlier if it meant I wouldn't get sick or several days almost every fall and spring like in the past. I don't even really think about doing most of this now, it's just pretty natural.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Corpse wrote:
Same! (Well, excluding some food poisoning this past summer... ugh. Wasn't COVID, I tested just in case.)

It's been pretty wonderful, really. And that's why I'm still wearing a mask in public and sanitizing/washing after going in and out of public places and stores and such. I would have been doing this far earlier if it meant I wouldn't get sick or several days almost every fall and spring like in the past. I don't even really think about doing most of this now, it's just pretty natural.

We'll all miss seeing your beautiful face lol.

Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:31 am
Devil's Advocate

You probably have a better chance of dying by getting hit by a car on the way to getting a booster, than being a young healthy person who's double vaccinated who dies cause they didn't get the booster

Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:23 pm
The Kramer

Shack wrote:
You probably have a better chance of dying by getting hit by a car on the way to getting a booster, than being a young healthy person who's double vaccinated who dies cause they didn't get the booster
When the hell are these so called Scienteests gonna invent teleportation???

Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:48 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

We all want to become people staying in spaceships (unable to walk out bend) and Wall-e's cleaning stuffs for us.

Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:31 pm
Hold the door!

I’m not worried about omicron, I never will be and anyone who tries to make me can go fuck themselves.

Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:57 am
Devil's Advocate

The end of Covid was never it becoming eradicated but it becoming weak enough that it can just be treated like a flu, so Omicron possibly being mild could be a good thing

Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:13 pm
Hold the door!

Best way not to get COVID is not to get tested.

Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:54 pm
The Kramer

Funniest part of the pandemic so far - Kyrie Irving finally gets activated and then immediately tests positive for covid. :hahaha:

Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:50 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Really hope Biden's speech on Omicron this Tuesday is full of substance/action, and not just the "get vaccinated, get the booster, etc." talk he's given in the past. The WH (at least coming from Kamala) saying they didn't see Delta or Omicron coming this week was... really stupid. Even if they didn't know when one of these variants would come, some sort of variant coming along was always likely, or at least a possibility.

"Not seeing them coming" is a pretty baffling, horrible answer for any foreseeable problem. They ran, and won, on the message that they could deal with COVID far better than the last administration. Reacting to any problem after the fact is such a stupid move that is becoming more common than ever.

The bridge is beginning to crumble? Let's wait until it falls apart before we deal with that.
The banks of the river continue to erode away from record rainfall and is threatening homes/lives? Let's wait until it's washed one away before we deal with that.
Those 100-year old pipes have unsafe levels of lead in the water? Let's wait until the people get lead poisoning before we deal with that.
Possible COVID variant likely due to low vaccination rates in parts of the country/world? Let's wait until it reaches us and spreads to the majority of the country before we deal with that.

"Proactive" just doesn't appear to be a word in the vocabulary of anyone with the ability to actually be proactive. It just react, react, react with everything.

(This isn't just a jab at the current WH, but just many parts of the world, ESPECIALLY the US, in general.)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

zwackerm wrote:
Thoughts on a booster? I am thinking side effects of a third shot will be worse than the second, plus I think I've been exposed to covid many times and never gotten sick from it. But I know double vaxxed people who never got sick with covid before who got it recently.

My thought was to get boosted in the spring but I'm uncertain what to do.

Never getting a booster. I know zero people who've had any complications from COVID. I know one person my same age (totally healthy, slim like me) who now has to see a cardiologist for the rest of her life as a result of the vaccine. That's enough for me to never get it. Not happening, sorry! If it becomes a requirement I am content to live as a hermit, and my income is mostly from investments so no one can fuck with my money, it's awful for the people who get their jobs threatened over whether or not they inject themselves.

Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:52 am
Hold the door!

Corpse wrote:
Really hope Biden's speech on Omicron this Tuesday is full of substance/action, and not just the "get vaccinated, get the booster, etc." talk he's given in the past. The WH (at least coming from Kamala) saying they didn't see Delta or Omicron coming this week was... really stupid. Even if they didn't know when one of these variants would come, some sort of variant coming along was always likely, or at least a possibility.

"Not seeing them coming" is a pretty baffling, horrible answer for any foreseeable problem. They ran, and won, on the message that they could deal with COVID far better than the last administration. Reacting to any problem after the fact is such a stupid move that is becoming more common than ever.

The bridge is beginning to crumble? Let's wait until it falls apart before we deal with that.
The banks of the river continue to erode away from record rainfall and is threatening homes/lives? Let's wait until it's washed one away before we deal with that.
Those 100-year old pipes have unsafe levels of lead in the water? Let's wait until the people get lead poisoning before we deal with that.
Possible COVID variant likely due to low vaccination rates in parts of the country/world? Let's wait until it reaches us and spreads to the majority of the country before we deal with that.

"Proactive" just doesn't appear to be a word in the vocabulary of anyone with the ability to actually be proactive. It just react, react, react with everything.

(This isn't just a jab at the current WH, but just many parts of the world, ESPECIALLY the US, in general.)

The government can’t stop COVID just like they can’t stop tsunamis, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. it is a natural disaster, and it will run its course through our society until it is done with it. All the restrictions do is delay the inevitable. It seems like the main worry with Omicron is the transmissibility but way less severe. There will be covid variations forever and each will likely be more transmissible and less severe than the last. Wouldn’t shock me if covid “went away” this way just because the variants got so mild that no one even knew they were sick without getting tested.

Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:41 am
On autopilot for the summer

Post Re: How worried about the Omicron variant are you?
The sad thing is that they could, back in March 2020. This never had to be a natural disaster. Sad Truth.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:25 pm
Hold the door!

Thegun wrote:
The sad thing is that they could, back in March 2020. This never had to be a natural disaster. Sad Truth.

What are you referring to?

Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:09 am
The Kramer

zwackerm wrote:
Thegun wrote:

"It's the new Democratic hoax."

Though I do agree with Corpse on this issue. I'm perfectly fine blaming Pubs and other dumb people for the pandemic, but President Biden should probably be doing a little bit more.

Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:15 am
Hold the door!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Thegun wrote:

Though I do agree with Corpse on this issue. I'm perfectly fine blaming Pubs and other dumb people for the pandemic, but President Biden should probably be doing a little bit more.

Are you implying that the Trump administration could have prevented covid? It’s literally in every country in the world. It was a matter of when it arrived, not if.
What more do you want him to do?

Countries with 80-90% vaccination status are still seeing huge case counts.

Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:48 am
Devil's Advocate

It's kind of refreshing already being a dirty unvaxxed and not having to stress too much about the government doing lockdowns again, it doesn't look like it would affect me too much at this point, it would just bring the same restrictions to everyone else.

Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:59 am
The Kramer

zwackerm wrote:
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Thegun wrote:

Are you implying that the Trump administration could have prevented covid? It’s literally in every country in the world. It was a matter of when it arrived, not if.
What more do you want him to do?

Countries with 80-90% vaccination status are still seeing huge case counts.
I think people living in two different realities is a big issue and Trump certainly pushed us all there. We had a small advantage of knowing about covid in advance, but he encouraged people to ignore and eventually deny it.

Biden needs to find a better way to sell it to people. He must have thought all the craziness would die down once Trump was out of the picture and it has not. Qanon is gonna keep growing and growing if "its all the antivaxxers fault, mirite?" is all we get for a response. He has united the country in one way though - against him :-p. One campaign promise fulfilled!

Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:08 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I wasn't saying it could be prevented/stopped. But there is plenty that can be done to help mitigate it.

A vaccine mandate for flights, especially international, should have been implemented a long time ago. Mask mandates for public transport and indoor facilities. If employees, especially those that work in high-risk positions, don't want to get the vaccine, just require mandatory testing.

The reality is that many people aren't honest. You can suggest, recommend all sorts of helpful things and if enough people just ignore it, it's ultimately pointless. You have plenty of people still going out sick (worse yet if they're not practicing preventative measures while sick...), people who won't get tested "because they feel good," people who maintain little/no social distance in public areas, and so on and so on. Unfortunately, you can't rely on enough people to do simple things. Mostly speaking as someone in the U.S. here. It's just become too politicized, too black and white.

I, fairly recently, used to have idiots crowd behind me at the grocery store or checkout lines until more recently when I began purposefully putting my cart behind me in the line to keep idiots away. And if I don't have a car, I'll stand far enough back from the checkout to prevent anyone behind me from getting closer. Wait your turn. Display patience like you were (presumably) taught as a child. Putting your damn stuff on the counter/belt with mine as we bump shoulders isn't making anything faster.

NOTHING needs locked down if a vast majority of people and places do pretty basic things and work together to help one another minimize their and others risk.

Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I think this is the grand finale of COVID hysteria. Finally even people in NY/LA will wake up.

Also Corpse Omicron is so contagious (70x Delta) mitigation won't stop you from getting it. Thankfully it seems Omicron is 40X less deadly than Delta.

I'm thinking just about everyone will have come in contact with Omicron by the end of January

Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:32 pm
Devil's Advocate

Right now the south is doing good while the highest covid states are in the Northeast like Rhode Island/NY/New Hampshire/etc. Putting aside the vaccine implications of that, it could mean that their biggest problem is wave the south had before moving there rather than Omicron.

Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:21 pm
Hold the door!

Hospitalizations in S Africa are already declining less than a month after Omicorn was discovered.

Omicorn will be done mid January, and I think the hysteria will finally be universally over

Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next