Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 How worried about the Omicron variant are you? 

Not worried at all, let's move on with life 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Kind of worried, I might wear my mask but others don't have to 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pretty worried, we should force masks and social distancing 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Extremely worried, lockdown please! 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Unsure 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Extraordinary

Post Re: How worried about the Omicron variant are you?
Out of curiosity has anyone tested positive for covid here at all?

Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:24 pm
Hold the door!

Right now or ever?

I have never but I’ve only been tested once to travel. I never got sick during the whole pandemic till after I was vaccinated. I had 4 small colds this year after the vaccination but didn’t get tested any of the times.

Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:00 pm
Hold the door!

If we follow trajectory of S. Africa, we should peak around new years

Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:16 pm
Devil's Advocate

zwackerm wrote:

It looks like Germany has peaked already as well

Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:32 pm
The Kramer

If you guys keep believing hard enough maybe it will finally go away.

Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:27 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

She tried so hard to get Trump on board questioning the effectiveness of the vaccines, then suddenly changes the topic to masks in classrooms before he can go on about them. And still doesn't quite get the response she was fishing earnestly for.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:58 am
Profile WWW
The Dark Knight

I'm getting my booster on Tuesday. I had my first and only shot (J&J) around six months ago.

And to answer the question, not worried at all.

Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:44 am
Cream of the Crop

Shack wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

It looks like Germany has peaked already as well

That's still the Delta wave; Omicron is only expected to take over in January.

Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Cynosure wrote:
I'm getting my booster on Tuesday. I had my first and only shot (J&J) around six months ago.

You are very brave for getting a third shot when the clinical trials for safety were only conducted with two shots. I sincerely hope you don't get severe heart inflammation that cuts your future lifespan by 50% like my friend.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:15 pm
The Dark Knight

Barrabás wrote:
Cynosure wrote:

You are very brave for getting a third shot when the clinical trials for safety were only conducted with two shots. I sincerely hope you don't get severe heart inflammation that cuts your future lifespan by 50% like my friend.

It's actually my second shot. One J&J shot and one Pfizer shot as a booster make for a complete vaccination status in my country.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:19 pm
Veteran

Time to move on with life. Less worried than I was with the Delta variant (and I wasn't that distressed about it at all).

I was blind, but now I see.

Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:23 am
Cream of the Crop

Most users ever online was 1333 on Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:40 pm

Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.

Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:16 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Mess that apparantly US hit a new peak when CDC changed quarantine rules to 5 days with no symptoms... lol god and this doesn't even take in account the number of people who got it from Christmas gatherings.

As long as deaths/hospitalizations don't spike exponentially then I won't worry but yeesh. January should be a bad month.

Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:01 pm
The Kramer

I don't understand why the unvaccinated go to the hospital when they get sick. Isn't it full of liars who want to put poison and nanobots into their bodies? If the antivaxxers just stay home and die quietly then the Omicron wave won't be as big of an issue.

Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:44 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Good grief have cases exploded the past couple days. Even if Omicron isn't as serious, and hospitalizations aren't as high (yet), as Delta or the OG, even a much smaller percentage of serious illness and hospitalizations can lead to significant numbers with these case numbers. Maybe it will peak in a week or two and begin to decline in the next 4-6 weeks or something, but this could develop into one of the worst months of the pandemic.

Husband manages a pharmacy and they haven't received testing kits in weeks, much to the anger of customers. They're expected to get more today, but it's going to be a limited number they aren't allowed to distribute outside of their location, suggesting the supply is very low still.

And definitely calling out the Biden Admin. over the lack of available testing. It doesn't matter if this exploded so quickly as they've used as an excuse. It's their job to be prepared for the worst with everything, and not simply react to it when it happens. Handling the pandemic better was part of their platform. A sufficient amount of testing and PPE equipment should have been secured months (or a year+) ago. It's so weird and irresponsible that at the very smallest sign of things improving, that all preparation and proactive measures just seemed to go out the window.

Ron DeSantis hasn't been seen in public since December 17th as Florida is surging and recording new record numbers. The pandemic really shouldn't be a political issue, but pretty bad look there for someone in a leadership position. Either he's taking an extra-long holiday break off the grid, or he's sick.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

So many people I know have been exposed to this now. Not even one bad case, majority have no symptoms at all.

Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:25 pm
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:

And definitely calling out the Biden Admin. over the lack of available testing. It doesn't matter if this exploded so quickly as they've used as an excuse. It's their job to be prepared for the worst with everything, and not simply react to it when it happens. Handling the pandemic better was part of their platform. A sufficient amount of testing and PPE equipment should have been secured months (or a year+) ago. It's so weird and irresponsible that at the very smallest sign of things improving, that all preparation and proactive measures just seemed to go out the window.
Biden's entire first year can be summed up by the surprise Pikachu face meme.

-Surprised that Trump disagreed with the election result and did everything in his power to overturn it
-Surprised that Republican civilians would try to overthrow the government by force
-Surprised that Joe Manchin defected
-Surprised that the Delta varient hit so hard
-Surprised that so many people refused to take the vaccine
-Surprised that Afghanistan didn't have an actual army
-Surprised that the Omicron wave has hit so hard

Again, his Nothing is better than the rapid regression of the last guy, but come on man. The anti-vaxxers are not going to change their mind at this point, that would require admitting they were wrong about the pandemic this entire time. It's not going to happen. You gotta find another solution. Like sending them all to Mississippi. Except a good one instead of a cruel thing my brain thinks up when I'm upset.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:50 pm

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Corpse wrote:

Biden's entire first year can be summed up by the surprise Pikachu face meme.

-Surprised that Trump disagreed with the election result and did everything in his power to overturn it
-Surprised that Republican civilians would try to overthrow the government by force
-Surprised that Joe Manchin defected
-Surprised that the Delta varient hit so hard
-Surprised that so many people refused to take the vaccine
-Surprised that Afghanistan didn't have an actual army
-Surprised that the Omicron wave has hit so hard

Again, his Nothing is better than the rapid regression of the last guy, but come on man. The anti-vaxxers are not going to change their mind at this point, that would require admitting they were wrong about the pandemic this entire time. It's not going to happen. You gotta find another solution. Like sending them all to Mississippi. Except a good one instead of a cruel thing my brain thinks up when I'm upset.

Oh please, I can't believe anyone would fall for that nonsense narrative built by the media. A bunch of protestors were let into the capitol by police (there's footage of it on YouTube), most of them goofed around, a few tried to break into other chambers, then they were removed. Now some are still under detention without trial, almost a year later. The only person shot dead that day was one of the protestors, a woman, there's footage of it online. Her murderer, a policeman, was never tried. Whatever happened to ACAB and police brutality protests. They were never going to "overthrow the government". You think the capitol is worth anything compared to the white house, pentagon, US military, etc etc? It's absurd to think that even if they had taken hostages or whatever they would've ever "overthrown the government" with the capitol. This is not Lord of the Rings where you win the game with one little object or place. It's hardly the first time that protestors have entered that building, they did during the Kavanaugh nonsense as well but they were liberals so the media didn't care.

And also, what happened to eat the rich and the 99%? Isn't it a good thing that citizens would try to overthrow their corrupt elitist dystopian government? I almost wish they had actually tried to overthrow the government. Of course they would've all been shot dead by snipers within hours and it would've had zero effect on the US government, which is a vast network of military, political and administrative apparatuses spread over a continent-sized country, but it would've sent a good message. Absolutely no politician in that building cares about the people they are supposed to be looking out for. Both Republicans and Democrats are rotten to the core.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:52 pm
Hold the door!

Flava’d knows it’s a manufactured narrative, but anything to criticize Republicans, doesn’t matter if it’s true if it helps bring down the evil racist misogynistic homophobic transphobia.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:00 pm
The Kramer

Funny that you say I'm pushing a media narrative then proceed to regurgitate fox new's version of the events. :funny:

The fact that all media has been rightly shitting on the Biden administration for months now should be enough proof that they weren't actually out to get Trump the entire time. But nope, not to a Republican. If the media is reporting bad things about a president they didn't vote for then its fair and they're "doing their jobs." But if its for a president they did vote for then the media is obviously being extremely bias and unfair.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:15 pm
The Kramer

And hey I'm no big supporter of the cops right now, but two officers died direcly because of what happened that day and at least four officers on duty have since comitted suicide. I don't have the data on that, maybe thats a normal suicide rate for capitol police, but it seems high to me.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:19 pm

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Funny that you say I'm pushing a media narrative then proceed to regurgitate fox new's version of the events. :funny:

The fact that all media has been rightly shitting on the Biden administration for months now should be enough proof that they weren't actually out to get Trump the entire time. But nope, not to a Republican. If the media is reporting bad things about a president they didn't vote for then its fair and they're "doing their jobs." But if its for a president they did vote for then the media is obviously being extremely bias and unfair.

No it doesn't, because they did not shit on him at all until he won. All they wanted was to get Trump out of office. Once that was accomplished, they could be a *little* more unbiased. They are still treating Biden with kid gloves compared to Trump and to deny that is delusional.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:46 pm

Barrabás wrote:
Cynosure wrote:

I got my booster, got a mild headache that was solved by ibuprofen. Pretty standard vaccine. Makes sense as vaccines have been around since the 1700s. Some people cannot take vaccines or are at risk of taking them, which is also not new unfortunately.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:09 pm
The Dark Knight

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Barrabás wrote:
Cynosure wrote:

I got my booster, got a mild headache that was solved by ibuprofen. Pretty standard vaccine. Makes sense as vaccines have been around since the 1700s. Some people cannot take vaccines or are at risk of taking them, which is also not new unfortunately.

Same, except I used acetaminophen. I actually had milder symptoms with the booster than I did with the initial shot, as that one gave me a slight fever.

Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:01 am
Extraordinary

Seems like a lot of people I know are getting it rn... yikes.

Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next