Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Renting a house 
Hold the door!

Post Renting a house
So my two roommates want to move out of our house. My landlord, rather than ask me anything at all, didn’t tell me about the vacancies until he’d already arranged to show it to his couple friends. So now he expects me to be comfortable living with a random couple having sex upstairs and feel like I’m an outsider in my own home. Landlords can really just sign spots in your house away without even notifying you? It would be one thing if he’d asked my opinion and not taken it, but I literally just heard of this yesterday. It took me no time at all to find suitable replacements for who I was living with, but he didn’t care. I just feel I should get some say as I’m the one who has to live with them.

Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:36 pm
Romosexual!

Post Re: Renting a house
What does it say in your lease agreement? What are the laws in your city/state about it?

Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:30 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

All depends on your lease agreement. Also I feel your friends should have been the one to inform you of their move. In most cases its not landlords responsibility to do so. If you own a house and make a living out of it your only job would be to see that the place is filled all time and as soon as possible.

Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:45 pm
Hold the door!

Well my one roommate did tell me he was thinking about it, but he made it sound months away. And he told me he was planning to keep paying if necessary so the spot might not get filled

Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:55 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Hmm I still think when they were moving out they could have said goodbye or something. That way you would have been better prepared. Anyways as far as the landlord goes unless the landlord is super courteous they won't inform you on this change. Its not in their interest to have friends share the apartment. The more closer roommates means more mess in the property.

Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:08 pm
On autopilot for the summer

It sounds like you barely talked to your old roommates. Why should it be any different with a different couple living upstairs separately from you? And they don't sound like roommates. To be clear, you're not renting a house, you're renting a room or a converted floor? If you were renting the whole house, then you'd have the say in who you sublet the other part of the house to.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]