Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 So... what's your current situation in all this? 
Extraordinary

Post Re: So... what's your current situation in all this?
I'm hoping everyone is doing ok. Pretty bizarre we're gonna hit almost a year since last March and we're hitting another peak. God.

I am wondering if this vaccine is viable by early next year for most people if they're gonna have people keep proof of immunization with them to go places, if it means having concerts again by at least late summer then yes please

Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:51 pm
The Kramer

In July I bought tickets to Riotfest for September 2021 and felt pretty confident about it lol. Now I’d say like 50/50 chance of it happening.

I think outdoor concerts could work though and if they are at half capacity all the better for me.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:18 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Never even crossed my mind regarding proof of immunization. That'll very likely be the case for a period of time, and of course, will probably cause unnecessary backlash, too. I also wonder how this may affect businesses as they get back to "normal". Take restaurants for example, one of the hardest hit industries. Will their staff be required to have immunization on file in order to work once they reopen their doors for indoor, full capacity again?

Back in 2017, the Starbucks located inside the Barnes & Noble I managed prior to COVID, for example, required their staff to get Hep. A vaccinations on file to continue working and for any incoming employees after a Hepatitis A outbreak in the surrounding area.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
In July I bought tickets to Riotfest for September 2021 and felt pretty confident about it lol. Now I’d say like 50/50 chance of it happening.

I think outdoor concerts could work though and if they are at half capacity all the better for me.

Even the most pessimistic people have us able to gather in large groups by September man. Relax!

Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:11 pm
100% That Bitch

A year into this mess. I'm extremely lucky as I got covid-19 last December and as we near the third global wave. When will we fucking learn?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:22 am
Hold the door!

Biden’s speech was comedic. “By July 4th we may be able to have small gatherings”. As if most Americans haven’t already been gathering to their hearts content since last May/June lol.

Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:44 pm
Sbil

zwackerm wrote:
Biden’s speech was comedic. “By July 4th we may be able to have small gatherings”. As if most Americans haven’t already been gathering to their hearts content since last May/June lol.

I mean I guess that's funny but I don't think for the reasons you think it is. ;)

Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:24 pm
100% That Bitch

Libs coming out of retirement to take my place as the zwackerm troll?

Who saw that coming?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:40 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I wish Libs came out of retirement but I'll take whatever we get :thumbsup:

Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:36 am
The Kramer

Italy is back in Lockdown. I doubt Biden will go full quarantine but the summer is about to be cancelled.

Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:47 pm
Hold the door!

Italy is back in Lockdown. I doubt Biden will go full quarantine but the summer is about to be cancelled.

Lol. You do know even during the holiday covidsplosion most of the country was open? Europe going into lockdown means nothing about America. America could have 10x the case rate and very few would care.

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:00 pm
The Kramer

zwackerm wrote:

Lol. You do know even during the holiday covidsplosion most of the country was open? Europe going into lockdown means nothing about America. America could have 10x the case rate and very few would care.
Pretty sure every conservative said this exact same thing last March too.

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:20 pm
The Kramer

Travel stonks are plummeting today while Screen Stonks are up. Maybe Italy isn’t our future (again) , but the market is acting like it very well might be.

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:23 pm
Hold the door!

zwackerm wrote:

Pretty sure every conservative said this exact same thing last March too.

How on earth could the situation be worse than over the holidays when there was no vaccine, and everyone was hanging out indoors?

I know you get sick kicks out of doom proclamations but acknowledge the reality that despite what the government wants to push, the majority of Americans will NEVER be willing to lockdown again.

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:28 pm
Sbil

Mau wrote:
Libs coming out of retirement to take my place as the zwackerm troll?

Who saw that coming?

lol I'm not even trying to troll zwackerm! I like zwackerm even though I agree with him on very few things re: politics.

Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:52 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

I'm over it. I don't pay the rent I pay to live next to the beach and 10 minutes from downtown to be locked inside. Here in BC the government will never tell people they can't leave their house and there is zero risk of meeting outside in a park or at a beach with others. I don't mind keeping some feet of distance between us, but as long as you do that there is zero risk. Zero. I'll be drinking and dancing with my friends at the beach all summer.

Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:03 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm going out more (out as in shopping and such) having received the vaccine, and I'll begin traveling some for work starting in two weeks due to restrictions being largely lifted in my region. But I just hire manager candidates and send suitable applications out to the stores for them to hire from, which I've been capable of doing at home. The only extra thing thing I'll be doing is going over staffing at the stores in-person. A bit mixed on this happening a bit too soon, in my opinion, but will see how it goes.

Also...

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Getting my 2nd dose of the vaccine Wednesday. Wahoo

Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:50 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

publicenemy#1 wrote:
Getting my 2nd dose of the vaccine Wednesday. Wahoo

Cool :thumbsup:

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:30 am
Veteran

At the onset of the pandemic I wore gloves everywhere and wiped down mail. Now, I wear masks but that's it. Masks and this new way of live have definitely become something I'm used to. No longer a nuisance. With that said, I'm hoping to get vaccinated in the April/May timeframe.

I was blind, but now I see.

Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:14 pm
Extraordinary

2nd dose of Pfizer was surprisingly not bad, I've heard from both Pfizer and Moderna 2nd dose is worse but not the case for me. Other than slight arm pain and some aches no big deal. 1st dose I felt like crap.

Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:59 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

publicenemy#1 wrote:
2nd dose of Pfizer was surprisingly not bad, I've heard from both Pfizer and Moderna 2nd dose is worse but not the case for me. Other than slight arm pain and some aches no big deal. 1st dose I felt like crap.

From what I've heard from people who got the doses here is either one of the shots but not both that impacts a person but majority of them mention 2nd dose is the worse of the two. My father is due for his 2nd dose on next weekend and he was impacted for 3 days after first dose.

Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6