Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
No Wire Tampons!

I haven't played many new games recently. I'm really focusing on music more, and my social life has really picked pu in the past year. Last game I played was Halo 1 a few hours ago. A few friends and I got together for a LAN and played some No-Shields 50% Health Sniper CTF on Hang'Em High. By far the best variant of Halo ever. I sucked it up though, because I haven't played in a few months :(

Last game before that? Super Smash .Bros Melee a few days ago at some girl's party. Well, there was that, Mario Kart Double Dash, and some DDR. I forget which was last. The last game I played that wasn't a party game was Mario Kart DS.

I am going to keep a tally for every time you mention that.

I'm pretty certain it's already in the double digits.

:hump:

Last Game I played was this one where if i vomitted up the vodka I'd have to take off all my clothes.
It was so fun!

Its called The Legacy of Kain.

Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
I just lost the game

I could pull a MovieDude and scream at everyone that they need to ease up and get laid.

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:36 am
No Wire Tampons!

Felicity Titwank wrote:

I could pull a MovieDude and scream at everyone that they need to ease up and get laid.

Good Times.

Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

The game is a pain in the ass when you start out. If you don't read any of the tips before the first pitch (Which I usually never do) the first time player is just gonna be lost. Wild pitches were thrown everywhere and I lost to the Florida Marlins. That's just pathetic.

I've gotten the hang of pitching, I struck out 15 in one game with Josh Beckett, but I still can't score any runs. I lost to the Marlins again last night 2-1. I just kept getting ground ball after ground ball. Maybe tonight I'll get more than two runs!!!

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Super Castlevania IV SNES (Emulated through SNES9X on PC)

Just blew through the first couple of levels again and it still has the magic of when it first was released as a launch title on the SNES. I think Nintendo is going to have a huge hit with the Virtual Console service on the Revolution.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:37 pm
Where will you be?

Felicity Titwank wrote:

:sad:

Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:08 am
Speed Racer

Shadow of the Colossus - An audio/visual masterpiece. If only the gameplay was deeper.
We Love Katamari - Too much japanese weirdness for my tastes.
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Good, but repetitive.
Dragon Quest VIII - The best jrpg I've played in years.
Mario Kart DS - The fact that I got this in November and I'm still playing it is a testament to its greatness. Best mario kart since the original.

Looking forward to:
Metroid Prime Hunters, New Super Mario Bros.

Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
problem?

SuperPrincessPeach(DS)-Sofun. :lol: It'saveryeasygame,butit'sstillprettyfun.Oneofthebestnon-MarioMariogames.

NewSuperMarioBros.(DS)-I'vebeenwaitingforthisforalongtimeandIgotityesterday,andit'sjustgreat. PerfectblendoftheMarioofyesterdayandtheMariooftoday.It'sjustsomuchfuntoplaythroughthelevels, andsomearemodeledliketheworldsinthefirstMariogame.

Wed May 17, 2006 12:16 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Rise of Legends for the PC. i expect to be occupied by this game for quite a while.

Wed May 17, 2006 12:47 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

NewSuperMarioBros.(DS)-I'vebeenwaitingforthisforalongtimeandIgotityesterday,andit'sjustgreat. PerfectblendoftheMarioofyesterdayandtheMariooftoday.It'sjustsomuchfuntoplaythroughthelevels, andsomearemodeledliketheworldsinthefirstMariogame.

Bastard Americans with your getting stuff before us...

Wed May 17, 2006 1:28 pm
Indiana Jones IV

The last game I played was SORRY!. I used to play Hungry Hungry Hippos but I kept losing. Chutes and Ladders was fun but then I broke my leg. I am still playing hte game of Life! hoping i don't make the poorhouse. Billl Gates is still playing Monopoly last I heard.

Wed May 17, 2006 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

I saw that Korrgan bought this... and I realized that I hadn't bought it yet... so, I bought it. And honestly, it may be the most addicting game I have played since Metroid Prime 2. It looks amazing, the gameplay is amazing, the new things Mario can do... amazing.

It's revolutionary

10/10 A+

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu May 18, 2006 10:12 pm
I just lost the game

I dare anyone to challenge me to Tetris. I WILL win. We'll put it this way: to "beat" the normal mode, you have to get to level 20 (200 lines)? Starting at around level 18 or 19, the pieces fall straight down. There is no animation for it. Once I unlocked endless mode, I started on level 20, and got 370 lines ot get to level 37.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do Push mode well. It's surprisingly difficult, since one can't sit back and slowly bid one's time to set up for a Tetris the way one can in normal mode. I'm about 50/50 against the level 5 computer, so I'm not doing too bad.

Touch puzzle is very difficult. The msot difficult thing in the game, IMO.

Thu May 25, 2006 12:32 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Rockstar's Table Tennis (Xbox 360): B+, as good as ping pong can be on a next gen system.

Guitar Hero (PS2): A+, still playing this great game. I've now sold two PS2s and copies of this game to people who've stopped by and played it. Sony owes me some kick backs...

Metal Gear Sold 3 (PS2): F-, words can not describe how much I hate this game. I watched a cut scene for 30 minutes and then the game let me retrieve a back pack from a tree (which took 30 seconds) only to be forced to watch another cut scene of dialogue for 10 more minutes. This isn't a game... it's a bad movie. MGS isn't just overrated, it's terrible.

Resident Evil 4 (GC): B-, Finally got back to playing this one (I'm about 12 hours in). The combat is awesome, but the confined pathways, repetitive environments, and stupid key fetching/puzzle solving portions suck a lot of the fun out.

Raze's Hell (Xbox): B, Blowing up cute cuddly creatures = mindless fun.

Elder Scrolls IV: (Xbox 360) B+, Still playing and enjoying this one, although I can't talk to anybody about it in real life without sounding like a complete dork.

Wed May 31, 2006 10:27 am
Extraordinary

Wed May 31, 2006 3:12 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

So Table Tennis wasnt just a novelty? I might pick that one up when I pick up Hitman

Quote:
Elder Scrolls IV: (Xbox 360) B+, Still playing and enjoying this one, although I can't talk to anybody about it in real life without sounding like a complete dork.

The fact that you play a sexay half naked orc chick?

Wed May 31, 2006 4:50 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

So Table Tennis wasnt just a novelty? I might pick that one up when I pick up Hitman

Quote:

The fact that you play a sexay half naked orc chick?

I enjoy Table Tennis, but it does have its flaws - it's stripped down (no player create and not a ton of unlockables), and the single player experience can get ridiculously hard at the later levels to where you may throw a controller or two, but overall it's a fun single player game. As for multiplayer, it's pretty much flawless in that department (great two player and Xbox Live components). It's been getting some fairly decent reviews:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... e%20tennis

As for Oblivion, I hapened to be talking about it with one of my brothers (who also plays it) and the wife overheard us talking about the game... I may have mentioned the Mage's Guild, conjuring spells, and no longer going to bed to level up. She said she wouldn't sleep with me ever again. I honestly couldn't blame her.

Wed May 31, 2006 5:15 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Passionate Thug wrote:
Unfortunatly GOW2 is not coming to the PS3, it's a PS2 only game scheduled to come out around the PS3 launch.

Latest playing DOA4

Ahhh... well, that's disappointing. For some reason I was thinking it would be a PS3 game.

Why wouldn't Sony beef it up and release it on the PS3? It's not like they got a ton of top notch first party titles. Idiots!

The reason is they have a large installed userbase for their PS2. Many of which they know will not be buying a PS2 for a few years(if at all) but will still buy games for the PS2. Conversely since the PS3 can play PS2 games people who are interested can buy a copy if they own the PS3. So they can make more money still buy releasing many games on the PS2 while increasin the number of PS3 games at the same time.

However I think Sony is in trouble in Japan. I honestly think that Nintendo has a dominence in Japan with the DS and DS lite that will let get it a majority share. Especially after that Famitsu poll. A combination of the price point and Nintendo's market strategy feed my japanese prediction. In Japan Microsoft is dead as far as theXBOX.

In the US I think The PS3 will eventually climb out on top. I think that Microsoft will cut into Sony's market share significantly enough that Sony wil not dominate this time around. The Wii will come in third over here IMO but I expect a showing more akin to the N64 and not the GC. Unless of course the Wii costs 99 dollars then I could see it a second/first console for many people but would lack the status symbol image as the other 2 gamesystems.

Predictions for launch Hardware issues(they alwasy exist).

The PS3 will have powersupplies that overheat. (I am a fan of external power supplies for this type of CE)
The Wii will have issues in houses with bluetooth, wifi networks, wireless speakers, Cell phones and 2.4 ghz wireless phones.

Wed May 31, 2006 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Thats a dissappointment Tony about Table Tennis not getting player create, I wanted to play someone wearing short shorts but its still worth it for live play hopefully right?

Wed May 31, 2006 10:13 pm
Extraordinary

We have to get a Table Tennis tournament going on.

Wed May 31, 2006 10:15 pm
Extraordinary

I will be playing Oblivion for quite some time.

Wed May 31, 2006 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

We have to get a Table Tennis tournament going on.

Yeah! And now I thank god there is no player create as I wouldn't want to look at Roid's short shorts. :fear:

Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:21 am
I just lost the game

On my trip to D.C./Philly, I played way too much Mario Kart/Tetris DS (and went almost wholly unbeatable in every game :-D ) and played some Smash Bros. Melee after "lights-out". I won more of those than I lost, surprisingly. One of my roomies almost always beats me, so the fact I could maintain to his level, let alone beta him, is really surprising.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:39 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:34 am
Profile YIM WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Games I'm currently playing:

Metal Gear Sold 3 (PS2): F-, words can not describe how much I hate this game. I watched a cut scene for 30 minutes and then the game let me retrieve a back pack from a tree (which took 30 seconds) only to be forced to watch another cut scene of dialogue for 10 more minutes. This isn't a game... it's a bad movie. MGS isn't just overrated, it's terrible.

Resident Evil 4 (GC): B-, Finally got back to playing this one (I'm about 12 hours in). The combat is awesome, but the confined pathways, repetitive environments, and stupid key fetching/puzzle solving portions suck a lot of the fun out.

With those two reviews, I can never take you serious again. :disgust: :nonono:

Last edited by Demandred on Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 91  Next