Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
The Kramer

Post Re: Last game you played?
Gamestop had a b2g1 new games earlier with all their sale prices included. I almost got Guardians for $30 and Valhalla for $20 but apparently they pulled the deal before I could settle on a third. Should have just gotten Deathloop or something while I had the chance. :grrr: :funny:

Kena not being part of any black friday sale is disappointing though. :(

I'll probably still get something for the holiday, but Forza (so much fun)/Psychonauts/Halo should keep me busy for awhile.

Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:10 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Have you heard of/played this game (Membrane)? They took the opposite Black Friday Sale approach and marked the game up 25x to $250. Get that $12.50 in credit while you can! :funny:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Ha! Hey this is free marketing though. :funny:

Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:19 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I don't think I'm actually going to pick up any games this holiday.

I may pick up Valhalla since I can just upgrade it later on, but nothing else I've come across is marked down low enough to consider them.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

GME has Paper Mario and some others for $25 if you were still interested. I'm tempted by Astral Chain but, like with Valhalla, I just don't know when I'll play it lol.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:05 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Might jump on Paper Mario, thanks. I saw that the physical copy of Hades (Xbox) was $19 on GameStop too, but... it's sold out!

I've also been back and forth in deciding if I should pick up The Witcher 3. It's like $25/30 normally now, but the Complete Edition is $20 on Xbox (and probably PS4 too) right now. However, I sort of want it on the Switch instead. I know that it's not as impressive graphically, but the changes aren't severe and it received strong reviews since the graphical downgrade was the only compromise. BUT... I don't ever recall seeing it sale for Switch, and it's not on sale now.

Did you see that Warner Bros. is releasing their own Smash-like game called, I think, Multiverse? I little more interested in this one than the Nickelodeon Smash. It's interesting that two games inspired by Smash Bros. were in development around the same time and being released something like half a year or so apart.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I bit on it. A first party Switch game I haven't played for $25 was just too good. Ordered Astral Chain and Valhalla for $45ish. Had nearly enough credit for it from when I traded in my drifting pro controller.

I saw the WB thing and am interested, even though I just chose to pass on Nick for $20. That game only has six characters I like though (3 from Avatar, 3 from Spongebob) while having DC heros fight Looney Toons seems like an awesome idea. Put Daffy in Injustice 3 to promote it! :funny:

Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:35 pm
The Kramer

Rider's Republic down to $25 now too. I might have actually got that over Valhalla (you need $35+ for free shipping) if it had been up earlier.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:02 pm
The Kramer

Gamestop had one of their classic glitches with an accidental b1g1 for $10 "sale" on xbox series s. :funny: I actually saw it on time for once, but my dumb ass hesitated, checking ebay to see if it'd even be worth the trouble (it would have been) and they sold out. Will be checking CAG to see if theyre are honoring them though. :funny:

My only other real purchase ended up being Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate digital for $21. Not a great deal, its been $18 before, but I wanted a fighting game and I figured I'd play this one more than the Nick Brawl.

Just when I thought I was winding down on Forza Horizon 5, I saw that I hadn't even unlocked the street racing portion! Now I'm living my life a quarter mile at a time with this boss Lambo I bought for two and a half million credits. What a great game! :D

Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:27 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

So weird that such "glitches" like that happen, and quite often! I can see the wrong category of games or something being added to an incorrect sale, but a console?

I've checked my Walmart every morning this week, and they've had a pretty consistent stock of Series S. In fact, they even had 5 on the shelf today. Still no Series X (or PS5, either of them) though. They've gotten a couple Switch OLEDs in stock too.

Mario Golf: Super Rush has received several free updates since its release, this latest (and last) update adding two more new courses and other modes. And it has online play, which I wasn't aware of until this week. I remember it being a lazy effort when it was released, but seems to have a solid amount of content now (all free). I really liked the Mario Golf games from the N64/GC days, so might consider if it gets marked down to ~$30/40. A little surprised it's not one of Nintendo's Black Friday/Holiday sale titles actually, since it's almost half a year old now. (It's Nintendo though, I know, I know.)

Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I think it was meant to be a buy a Series S, get 3 months of Game Pass for $10 deal, but instead it accidently applied the discount to any other bundle that had the 3 month Game Pass code in it. CAG people are getting emails about order cancellations, but gstop is giving them $10 gift cards for the inconveinance.

Oled and Series S seem to be pretty easy to find now though. I've only seen outrageously priced bundles for X and PS5s though.

Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:53 pm
The Kramer

Gstop had one more great deal for the rest of my trade credit - $50 pro controller! Wasn't planning on getting another one, but at only $10 more than I traded my drifitng one for a couple weeks ago it cannot be refused. I think its the lowest ever?

Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:07 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Maybe? I seem to recall seeing them at Walmart for $50 though since most (all?) of their video games and controllers are $10 cheaper than MSRP all year. You can always get a new pair of Joy-coms for $70 instead of $80, for example.

I need a new one, but even $50 (out of pocket) annoys me for a controller. I won't break down and buy one until I see a noticeable gameplay hindrance or drifting (in your case).

EDIT!: Nevermind! Just realized they're normally $70 not $60, so... $50 probably is the cheapest they've gone.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Halo Infinite has an 86 on both Meta and opencritic. Yet, according to the internet, it is also the worst game ever.

Might seem like a surprising paradox, but it actually makes sense. The Halo multiplayer was released earlier, and much like Call of Duty Vanguard and Battlefield 2042, seems to be unfinished and using its "release" as a beta and its players as unpaid testers. The microtransactions are also an issue,with memes already out there about having to pay $20 to make your armor blue. Looks like a mess.

However, Halo isn't just mp, there's also an epic campaign mode attached and that part is usually polished and very exciting. Glad to hear that Infinite at least seems to nail that part. I'm still going through the campaign on 5, which is pretty fun even though I don't care about any of these new characters, but will hop over to Infinite when I'm done. :shades:

Also, Shin Megami Tensei V is on sale at Gamestop for $37. I almost got it, but again held off because I have so many games ahead of it in my queue. :yes:

Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:23 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I saw... I think it's $39 at Best Buy too. Going to wait a bit on it though. I'm mostly just playing games I've had for a while. I finally got to battle Meg by herself while wearing her Earring and got a new interaction. Hoping that the next time I see her I can actually improve the relationship with her now. Also bonded with Hermes, finally. Just need to bond with Meg and Aphrodite (not sure about her since I've interacted with her already while wearing her Keepsake) to wrap that all those up. Also playing some Mario Kart 8 online recently. Still great, but certainly makes the very long wait for MK9 more annoying.

About Halo, I understand gamers/fans being disappointed with the ongoing trend of releasing unfinished/unpolished games. Even Nintendo has been doing this past year (Mario Golf, Pokémon Diamond/Pearl, maybe others). At least they don't have microtransactions and updates are typically free. But still, it appears to be a growing trend since the pandemic. Just... hold off a little bit longer to release them, perhaps?

But yeah, at least Halo has a campaign to enjoy while multiplayer gets tested out (assuming gamers aren't exaggerating how bad it is).

Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Garfield is the first dlc character in Nick Smash Brawl! They couldn't have picked anyone better (from their own IP) to get my interest. Next time it goes on sale for $20 I will bite.

Mario Kart feels like it should be in the same group as GTA and Elder Scrolls. Nintendo is like "why should we release a new one when people keep buying 8 over and over?"

Also, Aphrodite requires you to have sexytime will all three romancable characters. I still haven't gotten Dusa in bed so I'm in the same spot as you lol. I did get the platinum trophy though!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:14 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Meg holding me back with Aphrodite too, huh?

Going to use this thread for a mini-vent about AWS (Amazon Web Services). Like... WTF. Not only has their outage issues for the last 10 hours(?) been a personal inconvenience, but why do so many companies (including many major ones like Disney, Netflix, Nintendo, and whatever company responsible for various apps that have stopped working) seemingly rely solely on them? What happens if some truly disastrous thing happens and AWS just goes... kaput?

Even pretty important things like home security monitoring systems and delivery services are down.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:07 pm
Profile WWW

Dude!

This new Mario Party best of addiction slaps!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:34 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I *think* I'm getting it for Christmas (early) from the in-laws. If interested, we should play some friendship-ruining games in the future. (You too, Flava'd!)

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:40 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Maybe.

The Game Awards tonight! I changed my mind and will be rooting for Resident Evil after all, but would also be fine with wins from It Takes Two or Pyschonauts even though I have yet to play them. Anything but Deathloop, which might be fun, but I still blame it for Returnal being snubbed!

Also, lets get some sexy reveals too!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:58 pm

Wait…are we Switch friends?

Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:51 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I don't know, but we can be. Friend Code: SW-8476-5079-7203

Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

It Takes Two! Haven't played it, have no idea when I will, but it's nice to see something like this win over the usual blockbuster single player experience (though I love these.)

Didn't see much of the show so will have to catch up with reveals later.

Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:12 am
The Kramer

Kena is on sale finally! I wanna finish up Forza and Halo 5 first, but that seems like a good Christmas present for myself from myself.

Suicide Squad trailer was so cool! That would be my vote for most anticipated game. But since it almost definitely will get delayed out of 2022, I'll switch to a ten-way tie between Starfield, Elden Ring, Breath of the Wild 2, Dying Light 2, Horizon 2, God of War Ragnarok, Splatoon 3, Pokemon Arceus, the next Infinity Ward Call of Duty (I skipped cold war and vanguard) and Bayonetta.

Wonder Woman game sounds like a good idea. Will it be better than Wolverine? Forsworn still looks like a winner too in the original ip department.

Doesn't seem like there was much else in the way of new announcements. A bit disappointed considering how much they hyped the "projects you didn't even know existed."

Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:00 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It Takes Two looks very interesting and unique. But, I just don't think I'll ever play it. Glad it won to shake things up though. Too bad I still saw a lot of "rigged" comments being made, but I feel like there are always complaints regardless of what entry actually wins.

I haven't seen everything that was revealed, but I don't think anything I would be particularly interested in was revealed or I probably would have come across them already.

Now onto 2022! Likely to be a contender for biggest year ever in gaming if everything (or just "most") that's currently scheduled/expected for the year make it.

Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 91  Next