Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
College Boy Z

Fun little game, though it got kinda boring after a while. Other than much better graphics, obviously, it just felt like playing the original Hitman again on a 360. But it's good, because I liked the original.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted - B+

Now here's a kick-ass game. I lovvvvved Need for Speed: Underground but this game was pretty great, too. It actually felt like a whole different experience than its predecessors and it looks spectacular.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:12 am
Superman: The Movie

MLB 2K6: XBOX 360

The game is a pain in the ass when you start out. If you don't read any of the tips before the first pitch (Which I usually never do) the first time player is just gonna be lost. Wild pitches were thrown everywhere and I lost to the Florida Marlins. That's just pathetic.

I've gotten the hang of pitching, I struck out 15 in one game with Josh Beckett, but I still can't score any runs. I lost to the Marlins again last night 2-1. I just kept getting ground ball after ground ball. Maybe tonight I'll get more than two runs!!!

I'm still playing this. I haven't played another game since on the XBOX 360. That's mostly for two reasons. One, I'm not a big gamer outside of sports games and two, I can't rent anything. The next new game I get for the 360 will either be Superman Returns or NBA 2K7.

I've commited to this game though. I've played 160 of 162 games in the franchise mode, and I'm wrapping up the regular season against the Orioles. If it weren't for the XBOX freezing I would already be in the playoffs against the Twins.

The Bad: I've gone from barely hitting the ball (As you can see above) to getting about 10-20 hits a game. On PRO, it's way too easy. If I go through another season once again I'll be changing the skill level. My record is 125-35. I hate the swing stick. It's impossible to time it correctly. Besides, I can hit the ball just as far using the regular controls than with the stick shift. It's a worthless pain in the ass.

Also, I've broken the home run record with Manny Ramirez with 80 HR's. As I mentioned before, on PRO that's just too easy. I've also hit 67 HR's with David Ortiz. The funny thing is that might actually become a reality if Ortiz keeps it up in real life. The funny thing is, with everyone else in my lineup I've gotten semi-accurate results. They're a little on the high side, but they aren't too off.

Finally, I'm not sure if it's the same with other stadiums, but the stadium layout for Fenway Park hasn't been updated to match the 2006 season. For instance, whenever they show a shot of behind home plate, you can see the .406 club (It's room incased in glass above home plate for those of you who aren't familiar with the stadium). The problem with that is, it doesn't exist anymore. It's open air with new seats. Besides that, they haven't updated the sides of the .406 club. It's no longer luxury boxes and just a couple of rows above that. The Sox have added about 10 more rows. There are also other minor glitches with the retired numbers, and the standings on the left field scoreboard showing the same standings over and over again, but that's not a big deal.

The great: The entire game. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous, the gameplay is flawless (Unless you're using the swing stick) and the commentary doesn't get too old.

If MLB2K7 updates the stadium layouts and makes the game just a little bit harder, this will be the perfect baseball game out there. It's already the best, but they can always improve on it.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:44 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Just played Rockstar's Table Tennis for 360. Ironically, I'm great at table tennis in real life, but in this game, I'm quite terrible. Heh.

Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:45 am
All Star Poster

Halo, I played this game every day for about 3 years, now I play it off and on. Anyway its an awsome game ;)

A+

Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:56 am
Extraordinary

Tomb Raider legends for the psp: D, Another shitty tomb raider game.

Sonic gems collection released for ps2: A+, i love old school sonic.

Ridge Racer for the psp: A+ best handheld racing game ever and the soundtrack rocks.

Quake 4 for PC: C, nice visuals but the gameplay sucks.

Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
problem?

Dewd,wtf.TombRaiderLegendspwned.ButI'veheardnothingbutbadthingsforthePSPport. TryitonthePS2or360,whereit'sreceivedmostlyravereviews,beforeyoutrashit.

Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:19 pm
College Boy Z

Oh, I played Tomb Raider Legends the other day. It's actually really good.

Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:33 pm
Extraordinary

Dewd,wtf.TombRaiderLegendspwned.ButI'veheardnothingbutbadthingsforthePSPport. TryitonthePS2or360,whereit'sreceivedmostlyravereviews,beforeyoutrashit.

Im not a tomb raider fan, the only reason i played this game was because my little sister gave it to me.

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:04 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

X-Men: The Official Game kinda sucks. Not shocking, but yeah, it gets really old after about five minutes. Although I'll admit that it is fun to play as Nightcrawler and teleport and stuff, the rest of the game is just kinda blah.

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:30 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2) - This was slightly disappointing, even though I wasn't expecting much. It feels like Rockstar is going to the well one too many times and is just cashing in off the GTA name. It's basically GTA III with motorcycles and a more functional camera. It's set in the exact same location, just about 15 years later (although it mostly looks exactly the same). The graphics look pretty poor and the whole game feels about 5 years old. Granted it is a $20 port of a PSP title, but I expected a little more new stuff. Still it is GTA, and it still has its fun moments... I give it a 6 out of 10.

Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:47 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Guitar Hero. Im not too big on playing guitar, but recently I was at my friends house and we played this game and it is so much fun. The songs are great to play and the career mode is great. Many things you could unlock and its unlimited fun. A

Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Guitar Hero. Im not too big on playing guitar, but recently I was at my friends house and we played this game and it is so much fun. The songs are great to play and the career mode is great. Many things you could unlock and its unlimited fun. A

Guitar Hero is the best game ever to hit the PS2... I can't wait for the sequel.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:30 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Saint's Row Demo - I remember the days when THQ games sucked balls... they've been getting better with recent years, and with Saint's Row I may have to change my opinion completely. After playing the demo, I believe this game will be better than any GTA game to date. The visuals are fantastic, the variety of cars (and their detail) is amazing, the combat is fun, and the environment looks good. I was simply amazed by the sheer variety of NPC characters and how each one behaves so differently. Also, being able to customize your character is a nice addition. The only bad thing I noticed so far is that there appears to be some pop-in problems, although it's not as bad as what we see in GTA. I've never had this much fun playing a demo. I went from mildly interested in this game to not being able to wait for it's release (a month away). If you have an Xbox 360, do yourself a favor and pick up the Saint's Row demo which is available with the new OXM magazine.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:38 pm
Top Poster

Saint's Row Demo - I remember the days when THQ games sucked balls... they've been getting better with recent years, and with Saint's Row I may have to change my opinion completely. After playing the demo, I believe this game will be better than any GTA game to date. The visuals are fantastic, the variety of cars (and their detail) is amazing, the combat is fun, and the environment looks good. I was simply amazed by the sheer variety of NPC characters and how each one behaves so differently. Also, being able to customize your character is a nice addition. The only bad thing I noticed so far is that there appears to be some pop-in problems, although it's not as bad as what we see in GTA. I've never had this much fun playing a demo. I went from mildly interested in this game to not being able to wait for it's release (a month away). If you have an Xbox 360, do yourself a favor and pick up the Saint's Row demo which is available with the new OXM magazine.

It actually was put up on Xbox Live early this morning (900+MB) :biggrin:

I played throught the demo as soon as I downloaded it. And so far It blows GTA out the water if that's even possible? :blink:
It has great acting from one of my favorite acotrs "Keith David" as the lead Gangster. It's easy to get into. and while I think the visuals are nice I think the final game will look even better. Taking Pimps Ho's is going to be so much fun.
I was going to take a wait and see attitude with this game, but I just went and preorded after playing the demo. I can't wait o see how the online portion of the game works. Rockstar should diffinately be looking over their shoulders for this game. "True Crime: Streets of Whatever" this ain't.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:48 pm
Extraordinary

Gotta check out that demo I guess, I hope this aint hypebole :tongue:

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:57 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

I have never tried X-box live so I have no idea how the demo looks. Are there any tunes to play on the Saint's Row demo, GTA normally has better car tunes than crap like True Crime which has a bunch of rehash of trailer metal and ghetto rap

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:50 pm
College Boy Z

Saint's Row is fun as hell. It's not better than GTA, IMO, but it's a nice substitute for the 360. You can get into the game pretty easily. The "initiation" into the gang is kind of stupid, but other than that, awesome game. Can't wait to rent the full version.

Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:09 pm
Top Poster

From what I've heard on the Multiplayer online is what will put this above the GTA series. If GTA4 doesn't have an online component fans will riot.

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:04 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

That would be the only reason for me to try X-box live just to kick the crap out of the KJ users in the forum, Ill be going gangster on your asses. BTW is there a mexican gang in the game, I want to go essai on everyone

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:37 pm
College Boy Z

Yeah, caucasion, african-american, asian and hispanic. You get to choose your character's ethnicity at the beginning. Heh.

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:21 pm
College Boy Z

Amped 3 is pretty sweet. Better than the past ones, that's for sure. Unlike the others, it doesn't get old after a few races. I'm likin' it.

Prey is interesting, but the graphics and details put into the game are FANTASTIC.

Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:30 pm
I just lost the game

I've only been playing Tetris DS online lately. Just a few games online every night. I passed 7400 (or so) player rating last night, which puts me in the top 1000 players (out of 130,000).

Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:48 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Full Auto (Xbox 360) - FA definitely has it's moments... especially with the level of destruction that occurs on screen at times. There is some variety in the race types, but after a bit it does start to feel repetitive. I think the environments aren't varied enough, and the graphics definitely aren't the best the 360 has to offer. Still it's fun in a low-rent Burnout 3 type way. I'd go with a 6.5 out of 10 on this one.

Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:36 am
College Boy Z

Saint's Row and Condemned are probably the two best games I've played for 360 so far, and they're only demos. My stupid Blockbuster doesn't carry Condemned so I'll have to buy it if I want to continue it, which I probably will.

Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:45 pm
Extraordinary

I'd sell you mine once I finish it. I havnt had the chance to play jack shit lately, but i'll get back to Condemned since it isnt a very long game anyways.

Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 91  Next