Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
The Kramer

Post Re: Last game you played?
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Switch year in review

Children of Morta - 25 hours
Metroid Dread - 23 hours
Ring Fit Adventure - 6 hours

Guess I didn't play much Switch this year. Hades had more than all three combined lol. I have New Pokemon Snap and Astral Chain waiting on deck though.
Finally got my playstation recap.

Overwatch - 97 hours
Returnal - 85 hours
Hades - 84 hours (lol so close)
Rocket League - 57 hours
Ghost of Tsushima - 55 hours

Surprised that three out of five were old games but I guess that happens when you play most new games on Game Pass lol. Speaking of, where you at with my recap Xbox?

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:49 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Do you go on Overwatch playing sprees, or just casual games here or there?

Also, MEGA Hades flex. On my 144th run: I caught the legendary fish in Chaos for the first time (only need one more fish now), defeated Extreme Measures Hades (!!!), and when I got back to the House I FINALLY forged the bond with Meg! (Took so long!)

Spoiler: show

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Arceus reviews are good! I don't think I'll pick it up at launch anyways though. Death's Door has my heart right now and starting a big new game isn't gonna work out.

On Overwatch: they bring people back to the game with new costumes for the holiday events (Halloween, Christmas, Anniversary, Lunar New Year and Summer Games.) If I see a new skin for one of my favorite characters I'll usually play about 20-30 minutes per day to grind out the necessary coins (or get lucky with a loot box ... lol I'm kidding that never happens.) 97 hours, more than Returnal and Hades, does seem pretty high though. I wonder if alot of that is in the waiting queue / browsing the new skins.

Glad you finally got to "forge your bond" with Meg. I've been telling you all this time that she is a very generous lover! Extreme Measures Hades 3rd phase still gives me nightmares. :funny:

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:58 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I made sure to save Dusa (favorite summon) for when I got Hades to his third phase. If I lost before then, oh well since beating him without Dusa never worked the couple times I tried in the past.

Was still very difficult though. I went in with a strong build, over 400 health and 3 defiances still, yet he took all of them and I had around 100/150 health remaining.

Very nice to see the strong reviews for Arceus. I'm still a liytle on the fence though. I haven't been super into Pokemon in a few years. (New Pokemon Snap is great though!) I really don't want to drop $60 on Arceus only to play it for 20-30 hours for the main story and a bit afterwards and not pick it up again. (If you can't tell, I like to get up to 100+ hours out of bigger purchases...)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Imma get Arceus on friday hope reviews arent just hype

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:22 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Finally started Assassin's Creed Odyssey! (Arceus will have to wait a while.) Haven't played a game on the Xbox in some time. I bought it, I think, in Sept./Oct. 2020? One of Ubisoft's somewhat frequent 75/85% off sales. By the time I get to Valhalla, it'll be $20 and the next game will probably be released.

Very much like Origins so far, which I enjoyed a lot. I haven't beaten the main story in Origins yet (I'm big on the side-quests and exploration), but I'm up to level 48 and have completed most of it.

And since I like the Greece setting over Egypt, especially since I'm pretty sure sea travel and sea battles will be prominent later, chances are I'll end up liking it even more than Origins.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Yeah the Assassin's Creed series has definitely shifted towards 100-hour RPG territory. I liked Origins more than Odyssey and Valhalla but I think the Egyptian setting put it over.

Went to Gamestop today and they actually had a $650 xbox series x bundle with an extra controller, 3 months of Game Pass and a $50 Gamestop Gift Card. Not bad at all, but my S has been working fine for how I use it. Maybe around Starfield's release I'll think about it.

For Arceus: what I think I'll do, if possible, is wait until summer sales start and try to grab it, Triangle and Kirby in a Buy 2 get 1 free sale. Horizon Forbidden West, Elden Ring and Dying Light 2 + An ever expanding Backlog should keep me plenty occupied until then.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:43 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Probably would have grabbed that bundle, myself. Generally dislike the console bundles, but that one's actually good and doesn't include game(s) I have little/no interest in.

Also... THIS IS SPARTA! Kicking these bounty hunters off a cliff of high ledge is a lot of fun.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Pokemon Legends: Arceus.

So far pretty good! A nixe spin on the pokemon games

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:41 pm
The Kramer

Sony bought Bungie.

So now Xbox owns Crash Bandicoot while Playstation owns the people who are best known for Halo. The world is backwards.

Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:11 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Just saw that.

Can Sony release the older Halo games on PS5 now? Or is the Halo franchise itself owned by Microsoft?

Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

No I think this will only impact future projects like Destiny 3 and whatever new IP they might be working on.

Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:24 pm
The Kramer

Dying Light 2 lands with a very meh 77 on metacritic.

However, a little bit of research shows that the first Dyling Light has an even lower score of 74. I remember being surprised when I heard all the praise that eventually sprang up for the game back in the day. I even went a whole ass year before finally trying it, quickly realizing that the critics were completely wrong and this one was truly special - the 2015 Game of the Year. So I'm not too worried about the game, especially since I was planning on waiting for a sale anyways.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:38 pm
The Kramer

Also found this:

Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:39 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Pretty great. I'm assuming there's an "Austin Powers in..." series, so I'll have to check it out over the weekend.

I saw someone on Twitter mention how crazy Arceus went from such a low interest game that seemed destined to fail no matter its quality, even the day before it was released, to everyone buying it and enjoying it the next day. One of the quickest change of opinions ever. And it's so true. The only universal complaints I've seen are just how the game looks ugly at times. It seemingly excels at just about everything else based on the non-spoiler comments I've read.

I don't regret picking it up, but will probably get it "soon" (maybe a month or two).

In a week, I've put in 30 hours into AC: Odyssey. But looking at the map, I've only explored like... 1/5 of it, and that's being generous. I don't really move onto another area until I've explored all the undiscovered areas and finished the side quests, not to mention other things that distract from the main quest, so this is indeed shaping up to be a 100+ hour game.

Really love the ship combat. I'm guessing it's sort of niche in its general appeal to most gamers, but I wish more games had sea travel/exploration and navel battles like this. (Unless I just don't know of them.)

Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Based on your recommendation Corpse, I just started playing AC: Odyssey. It got great reviews.

I was blind, but now I see.

Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:37 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Hope you enjoy it! And Happy Birthday!

It's right up my alley. I might have to up the difficulty though, since I do every sidequest, take out every camp, and explore every region before I even move on with the next main story quest. The game raises the enemy levels to maintain some balance in case you start to get over-leveled, but I've been consistently 3-4 levels above everyone now.

Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Not a new game, but until the next game comes out, GTA 5 is still pretty good. So just the other day I tried to steal the fighter jet from the military base and didn't manage after a crazy amount of attempts. Got shot down by rockets each time. Did any of you try/ manage this self-made mission?

Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:14 pm
100% That Bitch

I didnt know Arceus was gonna be this addicting.

I hope they keep this as a separate series and if they don't they better include some of the gameplay from this into the main series

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:24 pm
The Kramer

stuffp wrote:
Not a new game, but until the next game comes out, GTA 5 is still pretty good. So just the other day I tried to steal the fighter jet from the military base and didn't manage after a crazy amount of attempts. Got shot down by rockets each time. Did any of you try/ manage this self-made mission?
Never in GTA5, but I fondly remember stealing a jetpack from Area 51 in San Andreas. :D

On Pokemon: I'm guessing, for at least the next few years, we will go back and forth between Arceus 2 and the Black/White remakes. Maybe even Lets Go 2? I think it'll be awhile before we officially get the next Irridium/Palladium mainline generation.

Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:44 pm
The Kramer

Defeated the Lord of Doors last night and can confirm that Death's Door maintained its 10/10 quality from beginning to end. It may very well have the best soundtrack of any game I've ever played. Usually I'll listen to music or a pod while I game but just couldn't bring myself to disrespect this score (this is also why my 'new album' count for this year is so low.) The art is beyond beautiful as well, both colors and shadows standing out in every scene. Many games have achieved this serenic quality in their design before, but I can't remember anyone ever balancing that with pitch perfect gameplay as well. All the boss fights were so unique and fun, and even the grindy backtracking (which is completely optional) always felt rewarding. And if thats not enough, it also have a very moving story that made me think about the merits of death and perils of life far more than I would have liked to.

My playtime is currently about 16 hoursish at 89%. There is an epilogue for getting 100%, and I do wanna see The Secret Ending, but I'm just not sure I want to play the game that way. My main takeaway from Death's Door is that it is often better to just let go and move on rather than cling to something that will inevitably end anyways

Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:54 pm
The Kramer

Annnnd this ole thing needs an update now.

2022 Game of the Year:

1. Death's Door - 10/10
2. Forza Horizon 5 - 9.7/10
3. Returnal - 9.5
4. Resident Evil Village - 9.4
5. Metroid Dread - 8.6
6. Chivalry 2 - 8.5
7. Knockout City - 8
8. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart - 7.9

Now that is a proper game of the year list. I feel bad for Forza, its such a great game, but DD is just on another level. The only thing I played this year that could could comp to the previous 10/10s: Hades, Last of Us 2, Read Dead 2, Spider-Man and Overwatch.

Next up: There's two weeks until Horizon Forbidden Wilds, three until Elden Ring. So I don't wanna start anything too huge. Arceus is awfully tempting ... But I also still need to play New Snap and Astral Chain on Switch. Hmm.. maybe one of those plus another indie on Game Pass. They snuck in Nobody Saves The World, from the makers of Guacamelee, while I was busying myself with the afterlife.

Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:00 pm
The Kramer

I was able to get the true ending at 95.5%! Very glad I didn't have to grind out everything (and actually got kinda lucky with the one Really Grindy endgame quest where the last two things I needed just happened to be right next to each other.) Obviously you can't improve on a 10/10, but the final side quests were all pretty great. Now I feel satisfied and can comfortably send my soul to the aether. :thumbsup:

Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:44 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Just saw that Amazon is having a B2G1 promotion on various products, which includes many video games, and Arceus is on the list.

Haven't checked to make sure it's legit myself, but figured I'd mention it in case you're interested in the deal.

Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Glad to hear you really loving Death's Door. I'll probably buy it in the next month or two. Let me know if you see any sales for it though!

Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 91  Next