Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?
Don't make me even more torn on what games to buy at the moment! Mario + Rabbids 2, Bayonetta 3, Pokémon (next month)...

I'm certainly considering Persona 5 though. I know it has a reputation as one of the best RPGs (even games) of last generation, and the new release has equally stellar reviews. Do you know if it has any added features given the "Royal" subtitle? If/when I get it, I'll probably get it on the Switch since it's so much easier managing space/memory on it.

The husband bought No Man's Sky ($60...) on the Switch and has been obsessed.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:32 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

It adds quite a lot. New playable character and an extra chapter at the end. And the game was already very long.

I kinda forgot about Bayonetta. :wacko: Been waiting on that game for years and now it gets lost in the Ragnarok v Pokemon debate.

Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:52 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Spoiler: show

I think this is the first game I hast ever played where it actually makes you agree to recognize the game is a work of fiction, real life similarities are coincidental, etc., before you can play! And it's even said out in voice-over and everything.

I clicked disagree for fun, and it actually says (voice-over too!) that since you can't differentiate fantasy and fiction (basically), you can't play the game and takes you back to the main menu. :funny:

A lot of fun so far. The music is crazy good. And Ryuji is already best boy.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Okay, I get the purpose of the work of fiction disclaimer at the beginning that can't just be skipped or brushed over like in every other game I've played now after playing a bit more.

I can see where the themes of this game already could have some issues in Japan, specifically, and perhaps for legal reasons, they took it up a notch. Looks like it's going to focus on many of the problems (bullying and suicide already, some criticisms about Japanese society standards) that troubles Japan.

If a player actually goes out in real life and acts out, claiming influence or inspiration from the game, Altus and company would be safe from any issues since said player has to agree they recognize that the game is fiction, or else they can't play. So, full consequences would be the fault of the person.

Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I never put too much thought into it, but you're probably right. The game has so much style, which is the main appeal, but it does get pretty thematically heavy too. From what I remember, 4 was also about helping people break free from the cycle of abuse.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Also, I finally made it back to Profreshional Part-Timer after a couple very very close calls with my group last night. Literally tossed the 14/14 egg in the basket at 2 seconds after spamming HELP HELP HELP to an overwhelmed teammate right by it (Maws and a Steel Eel were chasing them.) Luckily they got my message and we BOOYAH'd all the way back to the chopper.

Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:43 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Salmon Run is a lot of fun, even if it can be freakin' stressful! Haha. The last second wins like that are always thrilling, too. Pisses me off when people wait until the final seconds to use their specials though! Hold onto them for as long as you can, yeah, but most of my experience is someone using them far too late to matter. Have you fought/beaten Cohozuna yet?

Oh, and thanks for suggesting I play a life-ruining game (Persona 5)! I've been so addicted to it and have logged over 30 hours in under a week. Always trying to do everything possible in a day, making sure to re-check most the vending machines every week then they restock (especially the ones with SP items), remembering to do the day specific events (TV shopping on Sundays, that one food in school on Fridays, etc.), trying to keep a DVD rental on hand, and go to work when possible on the 7th, 17th, and 27th of every month (day job is at Triple 7 right now)... So much is on my mind when playing!

And I fight every enemy I see outside of all that, including when I was in Mementos for the first time (went down as far as it'd allow me), so I might be a little over-leveled for the Museum Palace. Aside from the occasional harder lv. 18 enemy (which I can still hold in check by putting him to sleep and stuff), all the other personas are pretty easy so far, and I think I'm about half-way through infiltration.

I've played several Atlus games in the past, including some Shin Megami Tensei and the Devil Survivor games, so there's some familiarity here with battles and persona fusion elements.

Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:35 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Oh... and how could I forget the Thieves' Den! Namely the card game (Tycoon) you can play there. Probably spent an hour there the first time.

Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:45 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

:hahaha:

Yeah managing your time in the game is the best part, even though yeah it does feel a bit too real sometimes. I always focused on maxing out my confidants and stats, but its good that you're not neglecting the mementos. I did and that came back to bite me in the ass later when they are used for story purposes every now and then. And being overleveled isnt such a bad thing early on, as the dungeons are pretty long and can become tedious if you're struggling with the trash monsters. One of the quality of life improvements from the previous games is auto-clearing monsters that are much weaker without any need for a battle scene.

Cohozuna was beatable in the lower difficulties, but they just don't give you enough time to bring him down in the current rankings. I made it all the way up to Profreshional +1 yesterday, but then back-to-back first round wipes pushed me back down to +2. I really don't like the current selection of weapons and hope they've changed them today.

Also, now that Overwatch 2 is actually playable I've been getting on a bit. Even though they changed it to 5v5 (from 6v6) and alot of the characters are reworked ... it mostly feels like the same game. I saw someone say that Overwatch 2 is more of a sequel to the Overwatch Shop than the Overwatch game and that's pretty much true. The real bummer is that normally I'd be hyped for the Halloween skins they release every year, but this year there's basically no chance of getting any of them without paying for real money. I haven't even earned a single coin on my own yet. The battlepass system sucks balls. The only good thing about the update is that I like the new characters, especially Kiriko even though her heals need a buff.

Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:03 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The weapon selection, more often than not, generally blows. I'm satisfied if just two of the four are decent. I know there's a style of weapon for everyone, but chargers, gatlings, and the slow-ass blasters are terrible.

What's your favorite and least favorite special wave? My least is 100% the Glowflies. I have since beaten it a few times, but there's like a 90% chance we'll lose when it pops up, especially if it happens to be high tide too... Favorite is between the treasure chest one (unsure of the name) and the Mudmouth. Admittingly, I think they're the easiest, and the team has to really suck to lose on them (IMO), but I enjoy seeing how many eggs we can get on those ones. I've gotten over 40 a number of times with the treasure chest since each egg counts as two.

Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

In Persona 5, I think the confidant that resonates the most with me is Makemi (the back alley doctor).

To help with college expenses, I partook in several clinical trials. I know they're regulated and safe, but they always carry some risk as well. So, interacting with Makemi and agreeing to be her guinea pig by taking her experimental medicine in order to have access to better healing items in the game is relatable. The first time you agree to it, I had this bit of "uneasiness" I had during the first couple trials I did. (Never had any issues, by the way.)

Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:27 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I think I maxed with Makami since you get confidant points and temporary stat boosts.

I had a team who actually beat Cohozuna on Profresh +2! That new custom Blaster really makes all the difference. I just spammed him with it the entire time while the team collected eggs to throw. I don't think they even allow it in normal modes as it seems way overpowered. Beating Coho only gets you the same +20 in ranking though and the next group wiped in round 1 ... Oh well lol.

Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:23 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Congrats on eating Cohozuna on such a high difficulty! And yes, the Grizzco custom weapons are amazing when they appear, especially that blaster. I got it a few times yesterday. Got Cohozuna (Profresh +1) down to ~10/15% health, but just couldn't quite get him.

I saw on Twitter where all four members of a team got the custom blaster. And no, they're not available in Turf Wars or Ranked. Just Salmon Run.

I recommend checking out Splatoon on Twitter, by the way. You see some crazy videos there. I saw one where someone threw a splat bomb that landed on a Slammin' Lid that rolled off and exploded above a Flyfish that killed it, taking out both launchers...

Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Beat Cohozuna in the first time in... maybe weeks. And on Profresh +2 too! Only received 8 bronze and 1 silver scale though! I got a gold scale after an awful run a week ago where we only did about 15% damage and lost super early. Guess that was super lucky.

Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

94 metacritic for God of War Ragnarok. No surprises, but still good to see. I'm not sure when I'll get around to it though. Going on vacation Nov 11-17, two days after it comes out, and when I get back it'll be time for Pokemon. And I still (still!) haven't even started Horizon Forbidden West. :funny:

Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:17 pm

Alrighty gang, it is time to start taking suggestions. I am going to get one game this holiday season, what game should I get? I have a Switch and a PS4. I would prefer a Switch game unless there is a PS4 game you very strongly recommend

Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:26 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

What do you have on Switch? I know the biggies (Zelda, Mario, Smash, etc.) from 2017/2018, but not much else that you've played.

If you didn't play Skyward Sword on Wii, you could get the remaster on Switch since I know you love Zelda. In general, if you didn't play any of the Wii/Wii U games that have received remasters on Switch, they're a good choice.

Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:49 pm
Profile WWW

I have the big hitters: BotW, Odyssey, Smash, Dread, and few of the lesser hits like Calamity, Dragon Quest, and my wife has the Pokémon games (getting her the new one for Christmas). I am thinking Splatoon 3 as I missed 2, but I am not sure, that is my leanings right now

Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:22 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Splatoon 3 is highly recommended, so if it's already on your mind, certainly ask for it. Just remember you need an online subscription to play outside of story mode.

And speaking of Splatoon 3, the Splatoon x Pokémon Splatfest is currently happening! Decided to pick Team Water.

As for other games, DIB: Skyward Sword (again, if you haven't played it already), Octopath Traveler/Persona 5 (since you have Dragon Quest), Luigi's Mansion 3, and maybe the Mario + Rabbids games (second one just released). Lastly, I'll still recommend Fenyx Immortals Rising since you enjoyed BoTW so much.

Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:22 pm
Profile WWW

I thought about the Mario Rabbids game, but after watching a video from Arlo about their corporate culture issues, I decided against it as I was already on the fence about it. I typically separate art from artist, but as I was on the fence about it, that was my tipping point. But it does look really good

Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:18 pm

Does Splatoon 3 have more or less the same multiplayer as the first one?

Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:17 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Hmm... I'd say yes but better. I watched an old gameplay video just now to remind myself, and it's gotten a lot more fluid and responsive, and just all around smoother since then. But yeah, it's still mostly the same at its core.

There's also Salmon Run (multiplayer) now, introduced in Splatoon 2, which seems to be just as popular at Turf War.

You said your wife has the Pokémon games, does that include Pokémon Legends: Arceus? I haven't played it yet, I keep backing away when I'm close (doesn't help there are so many games to play). Might be another option.

Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#TeamWater! What a victory! I hope I pick a team that isn't leading at halftime next Splatfest though. Been on the winning halftime team all 3 times so far.

Have you decided on Scarlet or Violet, Flava'd? (Assuming you're getting one of them.)

If it matters, like if you ever wanted to trade for exclusives, I'm getting Scarlet. Husband is getting Violet so I can trade with him if for anything in particular if you also choose Scarlet.

And besides the Pokemon revealed in the trailers, I haven't been spoiled on any others! Not even the starter evolutions. This will be the first gen I've played since 2(!) where I don't know what they look like, nor the vast majority of the new ones. Looking forward to this.

Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:01 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Almost definitely Scarlet. I like that the legendary mount walks like a horse instead of a motorcycle.

You will be spoiled on atleast one starter evolution. I didn't want to know either but the memes were too hard to resist. It wasn't the one I was going to pick at least. :funny:

I also endorse Splatoon 3. Terrific game and even though its mostly the same, it feels like a big upgrade over the already great Splatoon 2.

Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:43 am
The Kramer

Game Awards:

A Plague Tale: Requiem
God of War Ragnarok
Elden Ring
Horizon Forbidden West
Stray
Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Yay for Stray!

I would have put Splatoon in over Xenoblade, but otherwise these look fine though I know that Neon White and Cult of the Lamb fans will be disappointed. Elden Ring is gonna win everything anyways, as it should since it not only has a strong case for best game of the year, but also best game of the ever.

Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:34 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I saw a pretty big Xenoblade 3 push on Twitter this week, so that may have helped there.

Still a Xenoblade virgin but I hear great things all the time. And if anything, glad for Monolith Soft to get a nom for one of their own ips. They've done wonders for Nintendo on the Switch. They've assisted Nintendo with Splatoon 2 and 3, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and perhaps most notably, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (and next year's Tears of the Kingdom).

And yeah, haven't played Elden Ring (yet), but pretty clear it'll sweep the GOTY awards.

Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 91  Next