Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?
Fun was leading at halftime, but if my matches we're representative of the group, we're blowing it for sure! Lol. I played 37 matches tonight and won... 6!

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:24 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And being the defending team in tri turf blows if you're against two teams who know what they're doing. If one team focuses on the signal while the other focuses on attacking / keeping the defenders pushed back, it's really freaking hard to win.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:37 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I have been wrecked every game since joining Team Grub. Like not even breaking 40% in most games.

Made the most sense to me. Gear would be nice but whats the point of having a shovel of theres nothing to dig for? And if we are all well fed then can figure out the Fun naturally. :yes:

Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:45 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Makes me think Team Gear may be winning based on our experiences! And same, not just losing most matches (the menu said I was 10 out of 37 earlier...), but it's often blowouts.

I really want to win a 10x/100x battle too! Lost them all. The husband has won three of them and has gotten some sort of pearl for doing so each time. Looks like you can earn 10, I think.

Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Spoiler: show
58% of players chose gear?! Pretty stunning figure to me with three options now.

Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Right?? No wonder I was getting wrecked (though today was a little better.) They were just throwing any Team Grub (20%) members together regardless of skill level.

I just don't get why people would reject having endless food and fun just to have the tools to do the work to maybe achieve either of those things.

Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:50 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I read an entire thread on why gear was the most "logical", and obviously well over half of players agreed! At first I thought, maybe, it was just due to Shiver being really popular (Marina's team regularly won the vote in Splatoon 2, I believe), but I don't think that would explain the massive vote difference. I *think* Big Man is the favorite?

Also... hope you didn't (for whatever reason) turn your Switch off in the middle of the Splatfest results announcement. I don't know why someone even would but enough have that it's reported that those people didn't receive any Sea Snails... Guess it needs to play through for you to receive the Snails.

Nintendo will probably fix it, but what a weird thing to do (turning your Switch off in the middle of a 30 second announcement) in the first place. Wouldn't you just wait a few seconds to see how many Sea Snails you received?

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:02 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Maybe I, or they, just misunderstood the question. Was the grub and fun not infinite? If its just a bag of snacks and an air hockey table then sure, the gear would make a lot more sense if you were going to survive for a long time.

I haven't logged on since yesterday afternoon so haven't received my snails yet. Thanks for the tip, though like you, I don't understand why anyone would turn their switch off at the moment anyways.

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:09 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Skull and Bones delayed to March 2023.

Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

So, what happened to Overwatch 2? By that I mean... why is it free to play given the success of the original, why wasn't its launch (out now... and experiencing hacking issues already...) noteworthy, and why does it feel like the fanbase is torn (being generous) over it?

I must have missed a shit ton of stuff surrounding this game.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Corpse everyone hates going ftp. Why do it? Cause you make more money with battlepasses than selling a full game I suppose. There was supposed to be a huge cooperative pve campaign launched with it, but that's been delayed to next year and we get stuck with the new freemium model instead. I don't mind grinding for holiday-themed skins, but having to grind for new characters, maps and even modes is crazy.

I'll download it tonight and give it a try. Just have a feeling that I'll be hopping back over to Splatoon shortly after.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:51 pm
The Kramer

Still haven't been able to get into a game yet. What a mess.

Am gonna start Horizon Forbidden Wilds soon. I want to make sure I have enough time to properly enjoy it before the Ragnarok/Scarlet combo hits next month.

Obviously there will still be plenty of splatting even if Overwatch 2 ever works. We drip ink, you lip-sync.

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:33 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Splatoon 3's story mode is a big upgrade from 1 and 2. I've played over 70 hours of the game now, and just started the story a few days ago. Currently in the third area (or fourth if you count the prologue area).

It's similar in many ways, but the different types of gameplay offered in the levels is refreshing this time. And the map exploration, while nothing exactly in-depth, is fun and always feels good when finding locker decorations, cards, eggs, tickets, whatever. Glad they put the collectables, many more in this game, in the overworld map versus in the levels themselves.

Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:09 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Microsoft getting a bit of a head start on Black Friday / holiday deals. At Target, you can get a Series S for $250 ($50 off) AND a free second controller ($60 value). Don't know how long the deal will last, but seems reasonable to expect the $250 price point for the holiday season at other retailers, I think.

Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#Water! Although... maybe Fire (best Gen 9 starter, or favorite anyway).

Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I'll probably join team water or fire, but judging by the last splatfest I bet Grass wins with 60% of vote lol.

Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:30 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Did you get in any Tricolor Turf battles last time, by the way? I saw a lot of people saying they either NEVER got one, or only got a couple.

I was in many (defending team) from the sounds of it. At least ten, if not a few more. Almost never got a 10x battle though (I think... two or three?), just one 100x battle, and no 333x battle.

Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I got one tricolor on offense and won pretty easily. I actually thought we were competing with both teams and made sure to have highest percentage of anyone ..: Which wasnt at all necessary.

Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:29 pm
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Splatoon 3's story mode is a big upgrade from 1 and 2. I've played over 70 hours of the game now, and just started the story a few days ago. Currently in the third area (or fourth if you count the prologue area).

It's similar in many ways, but the different types of gameplay offered in the levels is refreshing this time. And the map exploration, while nothing exactly in-depth, is fun and always feels good when finding locker decorations, cards, eggs, tickets, whatever. Glad they put the collectables, many more in this game, in the overworld map versus in the levels themselves.
Yeah I'm enjoying it too. Having a tough time making it out of Professional Part Timer ranking on Salmon Run. Feels like anytime I get above 50 the next match is a first round loss.

Also started using Undercover Brella in turf war. I feel like it always confuses people and I'm getting more kills than ever lol. And it has my favorite ultimate - the reefslider!

Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:24 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I beat story mode yesterday... The final boss is the perfect choice. And the lore around it, while short, is satisfyingly intriguing. Glad I wasn't spoiled. The first half of the battle was pretty easy, but the second half was decently challenging due to the stipulation. (The music is amazing here, too!) The boss (you may know who, but won't spoil the name just in case) in the sixth area (before the final boss) was also amazing. Very easy, but if you played Super Mario Sunshine, you'll really appreciate it (my husband actually guessed it'd be this exact fight lol).

And yes, Wave 3 in Salmon Run is almost always hard. The weapon selection can sometimes make it a little easier (I hate splatling guns and chargers for it...), as well as if it happens to be one of the easier special events (the mothership, mouth creatures, and the jackpot down on the shore being pretty easy). I've been hanging onto Profreshional 1.0 or 2.0 for a while now, at least. But I saw there's actually a higher rank (won't spoil the name) that I have yet to hit.

Still haven't been able to beat Cohozuna except for the first two times when on a much lower ranking.

The reefslider is my favorite as well. I want to get better with the zipcaster, but haven't really gotten it down.

Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

One question about Salmon Run: does getting extra golden eggs do anything? I've seen groups wipe when we already had enough to advance to the next round. :pinch:

Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:21 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

More points. If the map isn't overrun and everyone is struggling to survive, you should go for as many eggs as you can. If you're at/above the goal though, always prioritize just getting to the next wave. Speaking of eggs, I have a photo to share here later. The current weapon selection (as of yesterday, may have changed since) are all favorites of mine.

Also, I received my first gold scale from Cohozuna a few days back, and we didn't even win. Got him down to ~15/20% health though, so it was one of the better runs against it. So, this means you can receive a gold scale without winning (because beating that thing is nigh impossible!).

Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Forgot to share this yesterday, highest Salmon Run total so far in Splat 3. However, since this, I've gone from Pro +2 all the way down to Overachiever... I blame the awful weapon selection and freakin' Spawnig Ground combo this rotation...

Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I was all the way down to 0/99 in Overachiever, but then got a good group to bring me back up to 80 last night. But today was a bust again and am back down to 30.

I feel like the swarming chum is the worst one to get in the first round. They just overwhelm you before you can even settle in.

Corpse I dunno if you have gamepass but please check out Persona 5. Even paying the $60 on switch would be worth it, though I'd hope it goes on sale being a five year game and all. I 100% guarantee you will love it.

Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 91  Next