Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?
I just had this super chaotic and fun run in Hades using the Shield where I mostly ended up just spamming my special, causing everything to knock back, rupture/jolt, and be stuck by lighting (multiple times). I had Zeus' cast, so both it and my special were bouncing between everything and stacking all the knock back and lighting effects. And my aid (Aries) winded up charging to max at least once every 30 seconds or so and was super buffed up, too.

It started out rough since I challenged Charon in Tartarus which took away 2 defiance from the onset (recovered one later), and the boons I was receiving weren't exactly special at the beginning (plus I had to purge one to enter the next region), but once I hit Elysium it was the easiest run I ever had. Not the fastest, but the easiest. I defeated Hades in about 2 minutes, of which less than half was spent on him in round 2.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Wow that’s awesome! I loved having random runs like that just randomly turned into powerhouses. You’re making me wanna play again, but I still can’t cheat on Returnal yet (beat the third boss!)

Fall looks great for Switch and Xbox. Still very much hoping PS gives us Horizon Forbidden West, but even if that gets delayed there will be plenty to play. We will find out whenever Sony does their version of E3.

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:46 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I still haven't completed Hades fully (85 runs in), but I do think I'm getting a bit close to finishing the "main" story now, and I'm down to just 7 or 8 prophecies to fulfill now (unless more pop up later). And of course attempting to beat it with 16, and then presumably 32 (...) heat. And I still haven't reunited Achilles and Patroclus yet either! It just says to deepen the my bond with them still, but I can't gift them anymore, so I guess I just have to keep talking to them. *shrug* But I did reunite Nyx and Chaos, which I only discovered somewhat recently as a prophecy.

I looked up some videos on Returnal, and it certainly looks fun (challenging). One video I watched said you can't save in the middle of a run, and the runs can be pretty long. That sounds fun. :funny: I don't know what the chances of it being released on Xbox are, but I'd consider it if it happens.

Also been a bit interested in Curse of the Dead Gods. It's on sale right now for $15.99 (on Switch, but probably on every platform), so it's more tempting to pick up at the moment.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The main thing I haven't done is reunite Nyx and Chaos, but that was only because I missed the damn prompt! Didn't even notice Chaos standing on the edge of his level, staring off into space, until it was too late. Not sure how long it'll take to come back around.

I also have had trouble maxing out the last God I need for the epilogue, no matter how many damn ambrosias I give them. :disgust:

On Returnal, the only way to "save" is by putting the PS5 in rest mode. It works (I usually stop after an hour), but also means that you can't play any other games until your run has concluded. Kind of a big miss on their part. It'll likely get patched in at some point, but I'll likely be done with the game by that point. The chances of it being released on Xbox are .0001% (only a Sith deals in absolutes.)

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:03 pm
The Kramer

Target has a Switch sale. Pikmin and Paper Mario are $30. I’ve already played both, but that is a hell of a deal if you haven’t. A few other first party titles like Odyssey, Links Awakening and Luigis Mansion are $40.

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:54 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Gonna pick up Paper Mario now. I was going to eventually, so might as well while it's likely as low as it'll ever go. Just might be a bit before I get around to playing it. Speaking of...

Likely going to, finally, begin Assassin's Creed: Odyssey in the next week or two. I downloaded it last September (!!!) when it was 75/80% off, just haven't had the chance (other games) or motivation to start it in all that time. Like books, I don't like rotating between more than two (max) games at a time, and enjoy being immersed in just the one (or two). So I get behind on some games.

Also, to anyone here that's interested in Link's Awakening, Id recommend getting it for $40 at Target. It's a fun game and all, very nice remake, but the normal $60 price is pretty steep since it's only a 15-20 hour adventure, and doesn't take much beyond that to basically 100% it. There's some replay value with the build-a-dungeon additon, but it's light on content. Could serve as the basis for a Zelda game similar to Mario Maker in the future.

Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:22 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I can confirm Link’s Awakening is awesome!

Xbox Game Pass giveth and taketh away. Outer Wilds leaves at the end of the month. I’ve had so been opportunities to play it but kept getting caught up with other roguelikes like Returnal, Children of Morta, Void Bastards and Hades of course. A real bummer. Oh well, I guess I’ll buy it for Switch lol. Just a lesson to not take Game Pass games for granted.

Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:28 am
The Kramer

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
On Returnal, the only way to "save" is by putting the PS5 in rest mode. It works (I usually stop after an hour), but also means that you can't play any other games until your run has concluded. Kind of a big miss on their part. It'll likely get patched in at some point, but I'll likely be done with the game by that point. The chances of it being released on Xbox are .0001% (only a Sith deals in absolutes.)
The wind knocked my power out last night as I slept and destroyed an Awesome run I was having. :disgust: I emailed Housemarque to complain, but I’m guessing if there was an easy solution it would already be in there.

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:22 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

That's definitely annoying. Interestingly, I also lost power overnight! But I didn't have any games running. Just lost all sleep as it happened just minutes before I fell asleep and could not handle the damn heat.

The Switch being a handheld/console hybrid has actually prevented this from happening to me many times in the past though when the power goes out while playing, since it doesn't affect it while docked. It's definitely one of my favorite aspects of the system.

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

The wind knocked my power out last night as I slept and destroyed an Awesome run I was having. :disgust: I emailed Housemarque to complain, but I’m guessing if there was an easy solution it would already be in there.

So it was Gone With the Wind :P

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:50 pm
The Kramer

Dammit you’re probably right. The hollywood elites weren’t happy with my review and knocked out my Returnal save as revenge. :mad:

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:00 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Next you should trash "Apocalypse Now" :hahaha:

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:36 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Children of Morta is 50% off right now (on Switch, but I presume elsewhere, too). Is it decently story-driven?

Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Just read that the two people who leaked images of Pokemon Sword and Shield back in 2019 have been ordered to pay $150,000 each in "irreputable injury" and legal fees to The Pokemon Company. Yikes.

Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Yikes indeed, especially when 'leaks' are usually part of promotional campaign these days.

Morta is great. It has a story, though I wasn't really following it all too closely. What I liked was the large option of characters to play as and how once you beat an area you could move on to the next one, or go back and farm resources to make your characters tougher.

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:34 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

$150,000 for campaign leaks? Man that's going to ruin their lives.

Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:36 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The main series Pokémon games (GB, GBA, and DS) are going for incredible prices now, just like the cards, if anyone still has them wanting to make a couple thousand dollars. (Or like...ten thousand+ if you have them sealed.)

Red = ~$75-100 (cart only) / ~$300-400 (with box)
Blue = ~$75-100 (cart only) / ~$300-400 (with box)
Yellow = ~$50-100 (cart only) / ~$250-400 (with box)

Gold = ~$75-100 (cart only) / ~$250-400 (with box)
Silver = ~$75-100 (cart only) / ~$250-400 (with box)
Crystal = ~$100 (cart only) / ~$500-700 (with box) !!!

LeafGreen = ~$50-75 (cart only) / ~$150-200 (with box)
FireRed = ~$100 (cart only) / ~$200 (with box)

Ruby = $50-75 (cart only) / ~$100-150 (with box)
Sapphire = ~$50-75 (cart only) / ~$100-150 (with box)
Emerald = ~$150 (cart only) / ~$400-500 (with box) !!!

Pearl = ~$50-75 (cart only) / ~$75-100 (with case)
Diamond = ~$50-75 (cart only) / ~$100-150 (with case)
Platinum = ~$100-125 (cart only) / ~150-200 (with case)

HeartGold = ~$125-150 (cart only) / ~$200-250 (with case) / ~$300+ (with case, box and pokewalker)
SoulSilver = ~$125-150 (cart only) / ~$200-250 (with case) / ~$300+ (with case, box and pokewalker)

White = ~$75 (cart only) / $150-200 (with case)
Black = ~$75-100 (cart only) / $150-200 (with case)
White 2 = ~$75-100 (cart only) / $150-200 (with case)
Black 2 = ~$100 (cart only) / ~$200+ (with case)

Just selling the cartridges can easily net $1,500 or more right now. And basically double that if you still have the cases, and even up to 3x if you have the boxes of the GB/GBA games.

I have all of them except for Red, Blue, Gold and Crystal. The husband also has many of them. I don't have the boxes for the GB/GBA games, but I do have all the cases for the DS ones. Very tempted to sell them. I began selling our Pokemon cards a few weeks back and have made $1,800 (or just over $1,600 after fees) selling 31 cards so far.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:43 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Disgaea 6 getting pretty meh reviews. Disappointing since I love 4 and 5, but also fine for the time being since I have so much else to play. I guess if the itch hits then I’ll buy the remake of the first.

Bug Fables on Game Pass soon! Looks inspired by the original Paper Marios. Will have to play before they take it off this time!

Corpse are you gonna get Scarlet Nexus? I know you like the Tales series.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:55 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yeah, probably. Glad the reviews are good. I was expecting a more mixed reception. I generally enjoy most Bandai Namco games, but they can release frustratingly lacking games sometimes (not bad, exactly, just...lacking), so nice little surprise here.

Are you getting it?

I'll likely just end up waiting for the price drop later this year though since I read that it looks and performs noticeably better on the next gen consoles, so I'd like to experience it on Xbox Series S/X first if that's the case. Also excited that Tales of Arise is coming out on Series S/X (and One)! I forgot all about it coming out this year until today since it's been pushed back several times. The Tales of Series is my favorite among the JRPG franchises, at least after Fire Emblem and Pokémon. (Haven't played enough entries in Persona or Shin Megami Tensei.)

Hopefully Series S/X is pretty easy to find in a few months, or at least come November.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I like the look of Scarlet Nexus, but there’s just too much out right now (still haven’t started Ratchet and Clank!). I’m sure it’ll come to GamePass eventually.

Sony finally put a ring on Housemarque studios. I’m happy for them, even though Returnal is still making me very mad. :funny:

Also, right as I said that my power went off for like a second (I assume cause it feels like a swamp around here and everyone has ac on.) But little did they know my last good run was already spoiled by a glitch!!

Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:09 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, I don't know what the weather forecast is for you, but some strong storms are likely for my area in a couple days, so might not want to start any runs ahead of time! If they receive enough complaints, surely they'll add something as simple as a save feature of some sort I'd expect.

Are you interested in Tales of Arise? I've looked into it a good bit this week, and am certainly very interested in it again. Just about everything I've seen either looks good or has potential I feel.

Although, I'm not currently big on the art-style for the character design/models. This has set the Tales series apart from many other JRPGs in the past, but now they largely looks like most other characters in the various JRPG franchises. Bandai Namco, in particular, honestly seems like they just use many (many only being around a dozen or so) of the same character models and redesign them a little in the majority of their games. And just in general, character models/designs are looking more and more interchangeable between many JRPG franchises in recent years. I don't like the idea of characters basically looking the same across multiple franchises if you were only to change their outfit, weapon, or hairstyle.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

PS6/Xbox Z launch title, perhaps? :funny:

Now I question if Elder Scrolls VI or Mario Kart 9 will make this gen as well. I know the "current" games in these franchises continue to sell like hotcakes, but a 10-15 year wait on their sequels/follow-ups is... a lot. One game per generation, fine. But one game per every 3 generations?

Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Hmm maybe they have a new IP in the works then? Can’t imagine another Red Dead would come out so quick.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:13 pm
The Kramer

I don’t want GTA to become Ass Creed, but Vice City and San Andreas were great and they just used the engine from 3.

Maybe they’ll just remake those 3 for this generation lol.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:15 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

An enhanced collection of the first 3 games for PS5 would be pretty cool, and likely sell really, really well. San Andreas, according to Wiki anyway, was the only one ported on PS3/360, so 3 and Vice City haven't been re-released since the PS2/Xbox days. So I'd imagine there's a lot of younger gamers out there that never played those games.

I find it unusual that they haven't been re-released in all this time though, so I have some doubt about Wiki's reliability there. But I've searched elsewhere and haven't come across any sort of ports or anything beyond San Andreas. It's interesting that they basically have left past games in the series as stand-alone titles of their generation, but just can't let GTA5 go with its numerous ports that's soon to span 3 generations in November.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:37 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 91  Next