Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
The Kramer

Post Re: Last game you played?
I hit the credits on Returnal!! I was hoping it was the last world since it was really really tough to even make it to the boss. They send you underwater with different physics and kamikaze squid. Quite terrifying. Excellent game despite all my complaints. It was addicting and I only ever wanted to play something else when I was mad at a bad end to a good run lol. Very proud of myself for gutting it out to the end (unless there’s more???) I don’t think it was the most difficult game I’ve beaten (hello Crash 4), but definitely up there.

Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:59 am
The Kramer

Switch 2 ... does not have 4k?? Doesn't seem to be all that more powerful either, with the biggest upgrade coming from the new OLED screen. I figured the whole point of a New Switch was to get games like Call of Duty on there, but Nintendo apparently doesn't care. It's New 3DS XL all over again, but this time I won't be seduced by a limited edition Majora's Mask design. :hahaha:

Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:44 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Sorry Flava'd your game-pal is out on a break this month :thumbsup:

Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:32 pm
The Kramer

That goddamn son of a bitch!

Finally started Ratchet and Clank and my goodness the graphics of this game are mind blowing. It's the first game to put the power of the PS5 to the test and 100% delivers.

Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:17 pm
The Kramer

Steam Deck looks kinda hot. Dunno if I can pay $400 ($530/$650 really since they have decent storage and SSD) Will need to see it in action first.

Edit* People on reddit are speculating that since you can install Windows, you could download the Microsoft app and use this with Game Pass. That … might be something worth spending $500+ dollars on. I could sell my Series S and use this as Xbox Switch.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:12 pm
The Kramer

Horizon 2 moves to 2022. Disappointing, but not surprising.

Really opens up the game of the year race though, as HFW was the clear frontrunner. Maybe an indie dev will finally get the big prize!

Resident Evil
Returnal
Ratchet and Clank
One of Halo/Forza
Dying Light 2 if its released

Maybe Solar Ash for the indie? Looks cool but might not have enough to it. It Takes Two got good reviews but I don’t know of anyone playing it. Hades would have cleaned up this year. :funny:

I guess Returnal would be the favorite now? Seems like an odd choice, but I can’t see any of these other choices hanging in there for long. Housemarque isn’t indie anymore, but they would be close enough and have a lot of beloved titles behind them like Resogun, Dead/Alien Nation, Super Stardust and Nex Machina.

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:51 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

This thread might get it's second poster back in a few weeks :thumbsup:

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

So, what's on the Flava'd last played list now?

Over the past month and more, I replayed most of Tales of Vesperia, and put some more runs into Hades. We got Skyward Sword, but I've just been watching the hubby play through it for the first time so far.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:16 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Well, since you asked :P :

PS5- Still Ratchet and Clank. I'm at the point where I can start the final mission, but just kinda grinding my weapon stats up (even though I don't really need to since the game is pretty easy even on hard.) The graphics still blow my mind everytime I open it up. 60 FPS with Ray Tracing is the way of the future.

Switch - I bought Snap at Gamestop with my Birthday coupon (~$44) but have not started it up yet.

Smolbox Game Pass - Knockout City has been very fun. It's a dodgeball game, in various urban settings. Very obviously inspired by Splatoon both in gameplay and graphics. It's not as addictive, I usually only do like 2-3 matches at a time (vs the 'wait it's been two hours?' sensation of Splatoon), but I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a fun online multiplayer game.

And

Darkest Dungeon is another roguelike classic that I had been putting off (until Hades made it one of my top genres.) It's a turn based battle system, but the challenge of the game is managing your resources (if you run out of torches then the enemies hit twice as hard, if you run out of food each member of your party takes recurring dmg, etc...) and stress level of your party (if they hit a certain point they develop negative traits like "greed" where a single party member will steal your treasure, "masochism" where they will take more damage, etc..) I like the game so far, but would put it a rank or two below the champs of this genre like Hades (the reigning, defending, undisputed...), Faster Than Light (TNT) , Returnal (Womens) , Children of Morta (Tag) and Rogue Legacy (I ran out of belts.)

And

Flight Sim is ... beautiful but I get bored in a few minutes ... If my plane doesn't crash by then that is :funny:

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:17 pm
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Over the past month and more, I replayed most of Tales of Vesperia, and put some more runs into Hades. We got Skyward Sword, but I've just been watching the hubby play through it for the first time so far.
Is he using the joycon like a wiimote or using pro controller? It was probably the one AAA game that I actually loved the motion controls on and felt like it justified my purchase of the Wii.

Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:20 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Motion controls (Joy-Cons). We had to get him another pair of Joy-Cons to play though since his came with our original Switch, and the drifting had gotten out of control. He mostly plays Civilization, and besides a few times when it acted up badly, drifting wasn't too much of an inconvenience in that game. (Thankfully managed to find the awesome Zelda Joy-Cons at MSRP too!)

From my perspective, it appears to play very similarly to the Wii version (which I played). The motion controls appear perhaps more precise even, which is impressive since they were already great on the Wii. The only "problem" I see him having while watching him play is when he needs to do perform a forward thrust with the Joy-Con. It doesn't register too well for him, but I think it's more of how he's just moving the Joy-Con than anything. He likes to swing/move a bit too much, so his thrusts tend to begin as swings and register as such most of the time. But he's improving that attack (when I tell him he doesn't need to move around as much!).

The graphics are also a noticeable improvement. I don't think it was displayed well in the trailers, but it does look better. It's no graphical marvel obviously, but it's easier on the eyes now.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I probably won’t be getting it anytime soon since the game is still somewhat fresh for me. Happy to hear that others are getting to experience it for the first time though.

Speaking of: Hades has launched on other systems! I know I said I didn’t want to double dip, and it’s already on game pass, but the physical Ps5 version with the artbook for $30 is so very tempting. 60 FPS…. *Homer donut noises*

Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:47 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Anyone playing Canasta at cardzmania ? :P

Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:37 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I probably won’t be getting it anytime soon since the game is still somewhat fresh for me. Happy to hear that others are getting to experience it for the first time though.

Speaking of: Hades has launched on other systems! I know I said I didn’t want to double dip, and it’s already on game pass, but the physical Ps5 version with the artbook for $30 is so very tempting. 60 FPS…. *Homer donut noises*

Do it. Just think of it as paying almost full price for a game versus its indie price. It's more than good enough to warrent a $50/60 overall price tag. Plus, you can then play it on all your consoles.

I double dipped last year (during a sale) so I could have it on both our Switch consoles. This was before the physical release with the artbook and soundtrack was announced though... I've been tempted to just buy it a third time anyway for the artbook (even if it's very basic).

Hopefully SuperGiant releases a full-scale artbook by Dark Horse down the road for it. It's guaranteed to be a big seller.

Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Jack Sparrow wrote:

All I register when I read this is Castlevania.

Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:34 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Corpse wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

All I register when I read this is Castlevania.

:disgust:

Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:32 am
The Kramer

What is a Jack Sparrow? A miserable pile of secrets.

Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:15 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

What is a Jack Sparrow? A miserable pile of secrets.

:shades:

Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:09 pm
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:

Do it. Just think of it as paying almost full price for a game versus its indie price. It's more than good enough to warrent a $50/60 overall price tag. Plus, you can then play it on all your consoles.

I double dipped last year (during a sale) so I could have it on both our Switch consoles. This was before the physical release with the artbook and soundtrack was announced though... I've been tempted to just buy it a third time anyway for the artbook (even if it's very basic).

Hopefully SuperGiant releases a full-scale artbook by Dark Horse down the road for it. It's guaranteed to be a big seller.
I bought it, but digitally. :funny:

Felt gluttonous, especially since I’m supposed to be saving for vacation, but no regrets. Playing it with the highly superior Dualsense controller makes it worth it all by itself. I did 3 runs last night (though the first doesn’t really count), and while I was hoping to come in here and say I topped Hades already, it turns out that Elysium is still a death zone on PS5. :funny:

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:57 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Have you attempted or even beaten it in the past on 16 or 32 heat yet?

Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Have you attempted or even beaten it in the past on 16 or 32 heat yet?
Attempted, yes. Succeeded? Nope lol. Always get overwhelmed in Elysium. You have to beat it on 16 to get the platinum trophy on ps5 though!

Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:40 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Maybe this will help you and me both! Sept. 17th release date (based on the pulled listing), which is the one-year anniversary of the game's release.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:42 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Wow, I was just looking at the reviews for Humankind and thinking “this looks cool, but it’d probably be a waste of money since I never stick with any PC game that’s not called Civ.” Oh well, right? Nope! Surprise for everyone, it’s on game pass!

Twelve Minutes is also coming on day one which looks interesting. A time loop, but more of a detective game than a combat focused roguelike.

Unfortunately NBA 2k21 is leaving though. :(

Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:13 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Looking pretty good! Obviously the graphics as a whole are looking a bit dated now, but it looks acceptable. And the new Hisui region (which became Gen4's Sinnoh) versions of some of the Pokémon shown so far look really nice, very Japanese/East Asia-inspired redesigns.

And the Pokémon can attack YOU! Looks like you take damage, at least based on the hit taken by the Luxray in the trailer. Maybe you can faint this time!

Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Due to scarcity, I've given up on getting a PS5 anytime soon but have plenty to do with Switch and PC games. Currently playing Battlefield V from time to time until the sequel arrives.

I was blind, but now I see.

Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 91  Next