Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
The Kramer

Post Re: Last game you played?
Same, only ever heard of the dreaded joy con drift (which I have a little, but not enough to disrupt the games.) But yeah, I went to the callibration screen and this thing is just bouncing to the left so badly. I haven't even used it much lately either, 90% of my 2021 gaming has been done on PS5 or Smolbox. I guess it's done for and I'll have to wait for another +50% controller trade bonus at Gamestop (would get $43 for it if I had traded two weeks ago.)

I switched to the Joycon Grip and was able to beat the Underwater boss, but yeah the game is very difficult. The bosses hit so hard and the EMMI robot stealth sections are equally tense. It's the type of difficulty that makes me wanna come back for more though, rather than just rage quit and sell it. It has added a ton of value to the game in my opinion, and I will be proud of myself when I finally teach that robot hacking alien asshole a lesson (I forgot the villain's name :P .)

Nick All Star Brawl and Assassin's Creed Valhalla both hit my $20 price point on amazon, but I'm still gonna wait on them. Too much to play to be adding new stuff.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:13 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I still need to play AC: Odyssey! Bought it... a year ago? Something like that. I'll probably skip Nick All Star Brawl entirely. Just not big enough of a Nick fan. Now, if they created an Avatar Smash... yes, definitely.

I'll probably pick up Dread, eventually. But I might actually get Mario Party Superstars first. I don't know how much I'll play it after playing the boards a couple times each, but I'm just too big a Mario Party fan to pass on it I think.

Took a small break from Octopath Traveler to play Voice of Cards, but I'm getting close to beating VoC now (Chapter 6/7). It's good, but definitely could have been better. The got the framework and aesthetic down, it just needed to be more fleshed out. I saw that there's a "+" playthrough after the main story, so I'm curious to know what that is. Expecting it to be the same, but perhaps harder (it's pretty easy), but will be pleasantly surprised if it's something else.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Shin Megami Tensei V is receiving great reviews. I was interested in it already, but sort of wrote it off recently expecting a "great, only if you like the series or genre" sort of response, but the reviews suggest it's more than that.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Not game related, but hope you weren't in Houston last night, Flava'd! Jeez. 8 reported dead (including a child), hundreds injured from stampede.

What's the worst thing you've experienced at music festivals?

Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I saw that! Absolute craziness. I've luckily never had anything like that happen at any of my festivals (though I did fuck up my ribs jumping into a dude twice as big as me at the end of Riotfest, entirely my fault) but could tell that any of their security/medical teams would have no idea what to do if things did go wrong. It's basically a free-for-all (which is usually a good thing, except for my suspicions that I, or anyone else, could easily sneak a weapon into the festival grounds if I wanted to.) As for the worst, that did not involve me doing something stupid to hurt myself, a few small incidents come to mind, like people getting dropped while crowd surfing and having to be taken out on a stretcher 20 minutes later after first aid finally pushes their way through. I've seen people go down from heat exhaustion too. At Sonic Temple 2019 they were very indecisive about whether the incoming storm was dangerous, so they kicked us out then brought us back in a few hours later. Perhaps that was dangerous, but I'd also considerate it fortunate since we weren't gonna get a refund and Foo Fighters certainly did not have to come back out and do a full set for us. I think my relatively tame experiences are helped by the fact that rock concerts are mostly just about drinking and smoking weed, while hip-hop and EDM have much more of an ecstacy/molly/ketamine culture, all of which can lead to severe dehydration. I have no answers for the stampeding though. Savages, the lot of them.

Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:28 pm
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Shin Megami Tensei V is receiving great reviews. I was interested in it already, but sort of wrote it off recently expecting a "great, only if you like the series or genre" sort of response, but the reviews suggest it's more than that.
Forza Horizon has a 91 too! It's honestly been a pretty meh year for gaming, I'd put Dread in my #3 spot right now but it's definitely not on the same level as last year's #3 - Ghost of Tsushima. So it's good that at least some of the late contenders are coming through big.

Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:33 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The last Forza that I played was Motorsport 3. :funny:

Seeing some video for Riders Republic... I might enjoy it. But $50? Plus like $50 more for the bonus content? No thanks... I'm sure it'll drop somewhat quickly being Ubisoft, but will a lot of people still be playing it in a few months to make it worthwhile? Dunno.

Speaking of questionable player base size.... freakin' Fall Guys is STILL not out on Xbox/Switch. Announced last February with a release planned for the Spring/Summer, then got delayed to Fall 2021 in April. Well...7 weeks left in Fall and crickets. I guess they could just decide to release it unannounced at any time now, but wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed again either.

Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I liked Horizon 4 alot more than Motorsport 7. It is open world and rewards you for destruction. Not quite Burnout levels of chaos but it adds alot of fun just driving across the map to the next objective.

Rider's Republic does look cool, like a AAA Trials, and I look forward to when it drops to ~$20 in a month like all Ubisoft games. :funny:

Fall Guys was so fun for the first month but yeah this game should be on Switch by now. They lost all their steam.

Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:37 pm
Veteran

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Did you snag one Corpse? I always see these glitch prices too late, though it does happen more than you'd think. Earlier this year they accidently had a Buy 1 Get 1 free console glitch, people were getting like 8 switches at a time lol. I go on the cheap ass gamer forums at least once a day for these things, and they also were the ones who got the Amazon Ps5 preorder link early, or I might still be waiting to play Returnal. :hahaha:

This Underwater Boss in Metroid Dread is making me feel like I'm in Dark Souls. It is not messing around!

I didn't realize Metroid Dread was around. :D

I play Battlefield 5 almost every day. Played Battlefield 1942 from 2004-2011 also almost every day.

I was blind, but now I see.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:07 pm
The Kramer

I'm guessing you are going to get 2042 next week then? Looks kinda cool, but I've always sucked at Battlefield. I'm no pro at COD, but at least I can get kills in it.

Speaking of sucking, the final boss in Dread can go to hell. I dunno if I'll be the one to send him there though. I've gotten to phase 3, but the fight is so intense and stressful that I'm already dreading trying it again.

Forza Horizon 5 is awesome so far! So good that it makes me wish I had splurged for the big xbox, but am also just grateful that I was able to get one at all, and give the series a chance even though racers are far from my favorite genre. Definitely a game of the year contender.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:45 pm
The Kramer

Took him down! The key was to play the entire fight defensively instead of trying to exploit every little opening.

Would give the game a 8.7 overall. Very solid, and for me it delivered exactly what I've been waiting for from the Metroid franchise. My clear time was 11:18, but play time was over 20 hours due to the punishing difficulty (which I liked up until the very end lol.)

Now I see Hard Mode unlocked? They have to insult me even in victory! Fine then, you're on.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:55 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The final boss in every Metroid game I've played is usually an endurance battle. Challenging, yes, but like you said, play defensively and deal what damage you can safely, and eventually you'll beat them.

Good luck on Hard Mode!

If rumors are to be believed, the Switch port of the Metroid Prime Trilogy is apparently finished after 4 years in production and should be released "soon." Not really sure why it was in production for so long unless it proved really difficult to make it work with the Joy-Cons and in handheld-mode. Now, I question what "soon" means because I don't think it's been officially announced, right? And no trailers have been shown, of course, so I can't see it coming out any earlier than Summer 2022.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

TGA noms will be announced Tuesday.

Final predictions:

Deathloop
Forza Horizon 5
Metroid Dread
Psychonauts 2
Resident Evil Village
Returnal

I could see Ratchet and Clank, Hitman or Death's Door replacing one of these, but I think these six have the most support and similarities to previous nominees.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:18 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Feels very up in the air this year to me. 2022 could be one of the biggest years ever if everything currently scheduled makes the year, and if games like Breath of the Wild 2 make the cut-off too.

God of War: Ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West
Elden Ring
Gran Turismo 7 (Maybe? Out of the loop regarding the quality of the franchise now.)
Breath of the Wild 2
Bayonetta 3
Starfield

Just some games off the top of my head that are strong GOTY contenders, but you also have games like Splatoon 3, new Rainbow Six, Saints Row, first 3D Kirby, Triangle Strategy, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Dying Light 2, Pokemon Legends, Destiny 2, and some big Marvel/DC games like Midnight Suns and Gotham Knights. And I'm certainly looking forward to Mario + Rabbids 2.

I'm probably missing many notable games too. Most/many of those are in the first few months/first-half of 2022. The latter months of 2022 will surely have some notable games that aren't expected to make it or aren't properly announced yet.

On anther note, I'm going to, hopefully, hint enough to people that I want Mario Party Superstars to get it for Xmas. Online-play has little issues from what I've read, and it looks like a riot to play with others. I've seen people rage-quit after losing some minigames, so I wonder what the reactions are like when Chance Time screws them over in the last turn of the game.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition is getting poor/average reviews from critics, but it's getting totally trashed by players/users. I don't think I've ever seen worse user scores (each version of the game is BELOW 1.0...).

I haven't really looked into it, but I'm guessing Rockstar was super lazy and basically just ported them as they were on the PS2 with little/no changes? They were great then, of course, but that's not going to fly with gamers these days. But most certainly not if the few reports of crashes and glitches (even on the PS5/XboxSeries) I've come across on twitter are valid.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

San Andreas is on Game Pass, and while the gameplay mostly is fine (fun, but outdated) the graphics really are as bad as all the memes.

2022 is indeed ultra stacked, even if only half of the scheduled releases come out. I'm gonna have to continually remind myself I can only play one new game at a time or I'll go broke lol.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:35 pm
The Kramer

Quite surprised and disappointed that Returnal got snubbed for Game of the Year. It was nominated in pretty much everything else so not sure what happened there. But congrats to all the people who did.

Deathloop
It Takes Two
Metroid Dread
Psychonauts 2
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
Resident Evil Village

Not sure what will take it. Village is my favorite of the 3 I've played, but I think I'll root for one of the random smaller games just for fun. Lemme know if you wanna try It Takes Two, a 100% co-op game, on Xbox. :funny:

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:17 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It certainly looks chock full of creativity. It looks fun. But I don't know if I want to renew my Live subscription to play it.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Oh I thought you had game pass already. I'll just try it with randos online then. Hopefully I'll match up with someone who is also playing it for the first time and not some pro who bullets through all the levels. :funny:

It's funny that the PS5 subreddit is outraged over Returnal's snub while the Xbox subreddit is mad about Forza being snubbed, but both can agree that TGAs are stacking the deck for a Deathloop win. It does fit the pattern. I refuse to pay for it and find out though, since it'll be on game pass for free in less than a year. :funny:

I think both Returnal and Forza will do better at the DICE awards in April (they usually prioritize gameplay over story,) but they won't get the sales boost that TGAs offer in December.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:14 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I had Game Pass earlier in the year, but didn't renew it. I've been mostly avoiding Xbox games lately because I still have the Xbox One S (not even X) and want to experience most of these on a next gen console.

We'll see though. I have actually seen the Xbox Series S in stock at my local Wal-Mart a couple of times in recent weeks/months, but want to hold out for a Series X a bit longer both because I still prefer physical copies in general, but mostly because I use my current Xbox as my Blu-ray/4K player. (Yes, I still regularly buy physical disc copies of movies and such! :funny: )

Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Walmart is supposed to have PS5 and XSex online on the 22nd, maybe you'll get lucky in the fraction of a second it takes for them to sell out. :ninja:

Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:35 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'll keep an eye out. I'm also going to visit my local Walmart early in the mornings starting soon for several weeks to see if I can snatch one in store. I imagine if any show up in store, the next few weeks will be the opportune time. My Walmart isn't 24 hours (just 7am-11pm), so going early in the morning usually yields results in picking up sought after items since most of the stocking is done either late-night when the store is dead, or overnight when they're closed.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Just saw that even more bad news coming out of Activision Blizzard. Their CEO apparently knew of all the sexual misconduct complaints (including alleged rape), and he also rejected requests for equal pay for female employees. This included a female being payed less than her co-leader, both being hired to replace the former President that was ousted earlier this year. And at least two board members who were aware of all this.

Shareholders are reportedly calling for all their resignations now (the CEO and the two executives in the know), and employees are walking out again (which began yesterday).

Their stock has dropped ~12% since Monday, and is now down around 35% since the start of the year.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I know it's not as bad, but the lackluster remakes of Warcraft 3/Diablo 2 and the continous delays to their new games are not helping. It's weird that a few years ago a lot of gamers would have considered Blizzard to be the best of the best- Overwatch, Diablo 3, Hearthstone, the endurance of WoW, etc... And now they're a joke at best, and the representation of a toxic work environment at worst.

What have they done about it? Change McCree's (the cowboy in Overwatch) name! Thanks for that! It's still High Noon though.

Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:08 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

A lot of games are going on sale on Amazon and Best Buy. (Possibly other retailers, but I haven't seen anything about them yet.)

Valhalla is just $20. You mentioned wanting it recently.

Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 91  Next