Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Rest of the World gets Impatient for U.S. Elections 
Extraordinary

Post Rest of the World gets Impatient for U.S. Elections
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/15/politics/campaign/15CND-POLL.html wrote:

International Poll Finds Support Ebbing for U.S. Policy

LONDON, Oct. 15 — It is getting down to the wire and the rest of the world is still trying to elbow its way into the American presidential election.

With the professed goal of showing how the United States "is perceived by the rest of the world," 10 leading newspapers around the globe today published the results of public opinion surveys in their countries, where residents in eight of them said they strongly favored Senator John Kerry in the race for the White House.

The surveys also found that opinions of the United States had worsened during President Bush's tenure in each of the countries except Israel.

"Clearly, if the world had a vote, the result on Nov. 2 would not be in doubt," The Guardian said in an editorial on the polling result...

Perhaps its old hat, but it does make me wonder that these relations are going to make it tricky to start recruiting the U.N. to assist us no?

Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:39 pm
College Boy T

I would suppose so. We've all heard it, but I'll repeat it. The rest of the world HATES Bush.

I don't follow this enough. Did the U.N. assist us in Afghanistan? And, they didn't mind Bush prior to Iraq, no?

Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:23 pm
This is meaningless. The rest of the world has different interests than we do. Let's just leave it that.

When Reagan was president the same thing happened; and guess what - Reagan was right, the rest fo the world was wrong.

Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:27 pm
Site Owner

Honestly I think it all goes back to money.

I still can't get over how Iraq essentially bought france.

Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]