Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?
>Sleep (reluctantly) with Meg, then max out her Companion.
>Complete bond with Aphrodite.
>Get Hermes' Legendary Boon. (Final Fate.)
>Successful runs on 16 and 32 Heat.
>Defeat Extreme Measures Hades.

These are the final five *big* goals I have remaining. Got Demeters' Legendary Boon, finally, and maxed out the mirror. Although, I'm curious if something involving Nyx and Ares is about to pop up soon. Several of my recent interactions with them has them talking about one another. I wouldn't expect this to be the case so late, but it seems headed in that direction.

Still aiming to catch those final 2 fish, rank up my warden badge, and buy everything from the contractor, but these are minor, sort of long term things as I just play.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:37 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Am I crazy for wanting to start a new Hades file on Xbox?

Finished Halo 5 campaign and liked it alot. Not my favorite Halo (3), but I'm really glad I went through it instead of just skipping to Infinite.

Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:05 am
The Kramer

Switch year in review

Children of Morta - 25 hours
Metroid Dread - 23 hours
Ring Fit Adventure - 6 hours

Guess I didn't play much Switch this year. Hades had more than all three combined lol. I have New Pokemon Snap and Astral Chain waiting on deck though.

Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:29 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I play pretty much exclusively on Switch, so my stats reflect that:

Total Hours: 543 (555 last year. Very similar!)
Top Games: Splatoon 2 (112 hours), Hades (97 hours), New Pokemon Snap (95 hours).

A 4 year old game topped my list! I did really get back into Splatoon this past year though. I'm like 300 hours into It now. Octopath Traveler is probably 4th with 60-ish (took a break, but going to resume soon). I also played Hades for 10 hours on June 21st. Lol.

My husband blew me out of the water this year. 957 hours played, 429 hours from Civ 6... he's played that game for like 1,200 hours or something now! (A third of which is probably just load times between turns in the late game though...) Stardew Valley (120 hours) was second, and New Pokemon Snap (89 hours) was third.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:27 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I don't think I'll be near 957, but with Switch, PS5 and XSS I might be able to tie your 543. I'm sure I have 50+ in Forza, Returnal, Hades and Overwatch. Maybe close to that in Resident Evil too since I got all the trophies from the story mode (sitting at 93% total since I hate the bonus Mercernaries Mode.)

Mortal Kombat 11 to Game Pass a few weeks after I buy it = :wacko: . But I don't think they're giving out the dlc characters like Joker and Terminator, so at least my money got me something. The story mode in that is the usal MK nonsense, but the gameplay is solid and better than MKXL IMO (though still below Injustice 2 - Netherrealm's pride of the last generation.)

I bought Chivalry 2 instead of Kena during The Game Awards sale. No regrets. It's very silly and tons of fun even if you're doing bad, but there's also alot of strategy too it if you want to get better. Works out well since I can just play a match or two alongside Forza instead of starting a whole new story game.

Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:25 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Speaking of Game Pass, I'm sure you've heard of Sony launching their own version? Would that cause you to buy fewer games on the PS5 if it's more/less Game Pass: Sony Edition?

Currently playing Mario Party Superstars now. Great selection of N64 boards, better selection of 100 minigames. Basically what I was expecting. A fun time on old favorites. (I will say I prefer the GameCube era, games 4-7, over the N64 era though!) There is a lot of potential here to make this a a true "ultimate" Mario Party though, so hopefully they do some free updates or payed DLC in the future. A few more boards (maybe 1 more each from the three N64 games), maybe a dozen or two more minigames, and it's pretty set I'd say.

So, DIB (or anyone reading), add me (Friend Code: SW-8476-5079-7203) if you're ever interested in playing! I've played three games online so far, and two of the three went very smoothly with just a couple moments of lag in a minigame. The third one was rougher. My connection was regularly full throughout, only dipping a few times, but the other players either quit or lost connection around half-way through. The good news is that they just became CPU players, so the game wasn't a waste. Bad news, of course, the second half wasn't as interesting.

Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:28 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

If Sony can match the value of Xbox Game Pass then I will never buy another game. They seem to be going the Nintendo direction with their franchises though - consistently high quality products that never go on sale. Now that Xbox has caught up in sales (it's basically been a tie this gen since every system sells instantly) and is producing games like Forza, Halo and Psychonauts will they be so keen to keep giving them away for free? I dunno. It's a strategy that's working because Microsoft has more money, but how long can it last?

Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:52 am
Veteran

I've put in 40+ hours on Battlefield 2042 (PC) over the last month or so. So much fun.

I was blind, but now I see.

Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:26 am
The Kramer

It's gonna be awhile before I clear the remaining games off my 2021 list (Halo, Psychonauts, It Takes Two, Death's Door, Pokemon Snap 2, Kena and Guardians of the Galaxy) so let's do this for a year ender.

Best Game of 2021:

1. Forza Horizon 5
2. Returnal
3. Resident Evil Village
4. Metroid Dread
5. Chivalry 2

and

Best Old Game I played for first time in 2021:

1. Banjo Kazooie
2. Children of Morta
3. Halo 5
4. Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
5. Mortal Kombat 11

If you told me at this time last year that an Xbox exclusive racer (and also so much more) would be my 2021 game of the year I would've called you crazy. Yet here we are and it is more than well-deserved. Ended up being a solid top five after all, with potential to become even better!

Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:44 pm
The Kramer

Wish I had gotten to Astral Chain quicker. Gamestop bumped the trade value to $38.50 + an extra 20% for trading towards the Advanced Wars collection (which could later be switched to Arceus.) Would have earned about $20 for playing it (bought for ~$26.) :funny:

Went with Valhalla instead, which is fine so far. I like Eivor and the Viking World he roams around in. But, unless it comes later in the game, they still haven't brought back the one-hit assassinations that made the old games so much fun to play.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:49 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Was that a GameStop glitch again? Seems oddly high, doesn't it?

I'll have to think on my Top 2021 games. I played far more older games, either for the first time or not, than 2021 releases.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

In this case no its not a glitch. This kind of stuff happens once in awhile. The algorythm sees that Astral Chain (and a few others) is very low stock, and the normal price for a pre-owned version is $55 thus it gets bumped way up.

However, we are now in a "once in a blue moon" situation that I am unfortunately unable to take advantage of. Because, in addition to this weekend's increase in trade values, gamestop is also running a "trade 5, get 50% extra bonus." So, if I had five games to trade in (which I do not without breaking into the switch games I want to keep), I could get a whopping $56 in trade credit back for Astral Chain, which once again was bought for $27! In past years I would be all over this, using it to pay for the adsurd amount of awesome new releases we will get from the end of January through March. But for now I'm just planning on getting Arceus (if reviews are good) and Horizon Forbidden Wilds on Day One. The others, as much as I want them, can wait for discounts. Though if Elden Ring posts like a 94 on metacritic I might cave. I kinda hope it gets delayed again honestly. Mid march would be enough time to get the platty in Horizon and knock another 2021 game off the bucket list. :funny:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:13 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm undecided on Arceus. Also feel that reviews/audience reception will need to be strong to purchase it.

If I do skip it, then I think I'm just waiting for Triangle Strategy (box-art was revealed this week, and it's beautiful!) in March as my first buy of 2021. I may also get Advance Wars 1+2, but I'm surprised it doesn't have a release date yet. So I'm guessing April-June? Can't imagine it'll come out any later than that.

Still waiting on any games of interest on Xbox until I get an Xbox X. By the time I do, I imagine almost all the games I've been holding off on until then will be $20/30. So I guess that's one positive? LOL.

If Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is $30 or less (I know, I know, but I can hope!), I might consider it. It's coming out in March as well. (Atlus is apparently fine/allowed to release Persona games on Nintendo platforms, but whyy haven't they ported Persona 4, or especially 5, to Switch????)

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Buying games on Xbox? I don't understand these words.

Speaking of: Mass Effect remastered trilogy will be up on Game Pass tomorrow. :blink: :blink: :blink: So much for my plan to catch up on all the 2021 games.

Also: I'd buy Persona 4 Golden on Switch right now. Or 3. 5 is still fresh in my mind but I'd love for Nintendo fans to get a chance at it. It's soooooo good. IMO the best non-Squaresoft JRPG.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:26 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

There must have been some plan in place to port the Persona games back when Joker was revealed for Smash as the FIRST DLC character. I can only assume Sony ended up putting a stop to it behind the scenes to keep the main series exclusive to them?

Otherwise... why Joker in Smash? There was one Persona game (Persona Q for the 3DS) on a Nintendo platform at that point. Since, Atlus has been releasing the newer spin-off games, so both them and Nintendo are in an agreement of some sorts, so I don't see why either party there would be against the main series of games being ported. Or, I mean, maybe Sakurai is just a HUGE Persona fan and worked Joker's inclusion in Smash out separately from any other agreements. *Shrug*

Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Microsoft has bought Activision-Blizzard for a whopping $68.7 billion.

Wonder what this means for the big multi-platform titles like Call of Duty. Not to mention titles like WoW, Diablo, Crash Bandicoot, and so many others.

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:17 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

That seems ... drastic. For both sides. I get why Microsoft thought they had to jump on this now before Blizzard rebuilds their reputation ... but $69B ... from a company that is embroiled in sexual harassment lawsuits? Not a good look lol. Vanguard's sales must have been really bad too because nobody would have ever guessed this was even possible just a year ago.

So we're now down to 3 big game companies that are not also owned by a console maker: Take Two, EA and Ubisoft. Am I missing any?

Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:40 pm
The Kramer

I've just been bouncing around older stuff waiting for Arceus reviews (it looks less promising by the day...)

Chivalry 2 - Still addictive, though I've gotten most of the achievable trophies (aka not the silly ones like 'kill 13 people with bread') and might take a break soon. It's just a very fun game and always so satisfying when you get a takedown/kill. You really feel the crunch when landing a strike on an opponent.

Psychonauts - The first one! Wanted to see what it was all about before jumping in to the game of the year nominated sequel. It's fun, but I don't really like Raz. That guy is a cocky bastard. I enjoy the gameplay though and will definitely tackle the P2 sometime soon.

Mortal Kombat 11 - The towers are way more fun than the story mode, though I will say that getting the same actor who played Shang Tsung in the 90s movie was great and made the second half of the story more enjoyable.

Mass Effect - just the opening of the first game so far. Still looks and plays excellent.

Returnal - I still can't find that goddamn final cypher!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:47 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
That seems ... drastic. For both sides. I get why Microsoft thought they had to jump on this now before Blizzard rebuilds their reputation ... but $69B ... from a company that is embroiled in sexual harassment lawsuits? Not a good look lol. Vanguard's sales must have been really bad too because nobody would have ever guessed this was even possible just a year ago.

So we're now down to 3 big game companies that are not also owned by a console maker: Take Two, EA and Ubisoft. Am I missing any?

There's still Square Enix and Bandai Namco, they're bigger than Ubisoft. But that's pretty much it unless you want to include the smaller, but still considered major, publishers like Sega or Konami. (I'm honestly surprised Sega hasn't been bought after all this time.)

And yeah... the price tag is convenient (inconvenient?). :lol:

Still just playing older games such as Hades, and Mario titles (Party/Kart). Haven't been playing too much in recent weeks/months. I'm also worried about Arceus. Looking more and more like a pass. I don't regret buying Sword/Shield, I put about 100 hours into it and like it, but I haven't revisited it (nor have I bought the DLC) in ages. I played every other main series Pokemon game until the next generation came out in the past.

Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Ooh Death's Door will be on GamePass by the end of the month. Glad I didn't buy it!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:31 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Managed to safely move the last few posts to a new thread in the Music forum. (Thought I was going to move all the posts here there for a moment!)

I was going to ask this yesterday but got distracted: How many games did you buy last year compared to 2020 (or earlier)? I'm assuming GamePass has cut that number down drastically?

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:16 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Good question! Let's see...

I paid full price for Resident Evil, Returnal, Ratchet and Metroid Dread. Village will probably go up eventually, but the other three obviously won't. No regrets there. Then I got three games during the black friday sales - Astral Chain (exclusive), Valhalla (before Micro made a deal with Ubisoft) and Mortal Kombat (which went on Game Pass a week later ... d'oh!) I got Pokemon Snap with my birthday coupon (still haven't played.) Then the last week of the year I got Loop Hero and Chivalry 2 as well. So that's ... 10? Oh and I bought Hades again for 11.

From 2020:

PS5:
Ghost of Tsushima
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Demon Souls
NBA 2K20 (21 was on Game Pass!)
Crass Bandicoot 4
Death Stranding
Cross Code
Castlevania Requiem
The Last of Us 2
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Odin Sphere Lefthauser
Final Fantasy 7 remake
Doom Eternal
Dreams

Switch:
Hades
Mario All Stars
Children of Morta
Ring Fit Adventure
Just Dance 2021 (these last two are definitely Pandemic buys though)
Carrion
Bloodroots
Cat Quest
Carrion
Paper Mario Oragami King

Possibly more, the Switch doesn't make it easy to look these things up lol. Pandemic probably made these numbers higher than past years, but yeah, though I will still pay for the big exclusives, Game Pass clearly saves a ton of money on the "hmm I wonder if I will like this" type of games. Also mostly stops me from impulse buying games just because they are on sale ... Cause no sale is better than free lol. The Smolbox combined with the deal for Game Pass ($120 for two years) is paying for itself.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:43 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I envy the money you're saving! I mean, I (we) don't really buy too many games. Depends on the year, of course, but I'd say less than 10 a year on average. I wonder if Nintendo will ever do a subscription plan (excluding older titles like with the online expansion service). I imagine they will when physical releases are nearly phased out by everyone else, but that could still be another decade for them.

Also, have you ever seen so many boon updates in Hades before? 5 boons at Lv. 4 or higher, 2 at Lv. 3, and 1 at Lv. 2. 21 total upgrades! :funny:

I wasn't really liking my build early on, so just went all-in with upgrading everything I had throughout the run. (Worked out pretty well!) I think it's the most upgrades I've had in a run.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:54 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Death's Door :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: . Everything about the design is wonderful so far. Beautiful art, great music, a morbid sense of humor, challenging but fair combat and of course the main character is a talking crow with a lightsaber. It would have been worth the $20 but for free it feels like a boon from Olympus.

Speaking of which, that is indeed a hell of a run! I love when one starts out badly and you almost just wanna restart but end up gutting it out anyways. One of the million ways that a game where the point is to do the same thing over and over manages to feel fresh every single time.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:45 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

OH! Death's Door is that top-down Zelda looking game with the crow! I'll definitely pick it up. I didn't realize it was already released! The art caught my attention early on, and then the trailer I saw back in one of the Directs sold me on it last year.

So... something happened in Hades. I went to the bedroom and... MEG was there! (Taking her things.) And after the following run, I was able to have a new conversation with her after FOREVER. (Seriously, I've been stuck on her for 60/70+ runs.) So, should be on track to finally maxing her out now. It's funny because I caved and looked up what I may have been missing just yesterday, and it just seems to come down RNG in getting events to trigger.

Also, I clipped this to share with you. I got the Spear upgrade that gives you three jabs with it early in the run. Then, while I was in the Temple of Styx, another Daedalus Hammer was there (rarely see it here), and I chose the option that lets you just hold the attack button down for a continuous attack at the expense of your spin attack (I really only use it with Hades' spear anyway). AND... I got Hermes here as well, and chose the boon that made by attack 20% faster. Here is the result! The most OP weapon build I think I've made to date (obliterated Hades, but more importantly all his goons, with it).

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 91  Next