Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?
Smash spoiler! (If you missed the direct and/or didn't already get spoiled by just logging on social media.

Spoiler: show
Sora is in Smash, and soon (Oct. 18th)!

The most requested character (which Sakurai revealed today), so only fitting to put him in the game as the final character.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:41 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Smash had plenty of sword characters, but Key Blades > Swords obviously.

Are you gonna pick up Nick All Star Brawl? I'm not a huge Nick guy (<Cartoon Network ), but they do have 3 characters from the two franchises I like and I'd very much like to try it with Aang, Korra, Toph, Spongebob, Patrick and Sandy. The lack of reviews, and ever building backlog is keeping me from paying full price though. You know it'll be $20 on black friday.

I like Avengers! I can understand all the reasons it got hated on at launch, but the campaign has been fun so far and it's a great introduction for Kamala (though the games aren't tied to the MCU.) I think that if they had just focused on making a masive single-player mode, where you played as Kamala 90% of the time instead of going with a lite version of Ultimate Alliance meets Destiny, it would have been better received.

Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:00 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

When it goes down to $20, I might... But most likely not. The controls look...weird to me. Very jerky, super sensitive. I'll watch some reviews to confirm, but it looks like running and jumping around is going to be too prominent in the gameplay. And I'm also not a big Nickelodeon fan. Love Avatar, of course, and some of their older shows are fine/nostalgic, but if it's a 7/10 type fighter, I doubt I'd be playing it more than a week or two. Can't compete with Smash Bros., so not expecting it (or any other similar game) to, but it just doesn't seem like a solid alternative to me at the moment.

Plus... I FINALLY bought Octopath Traveler, and after 11 hours in, I know I'll be playing this one for quite some time. I only just got a fourth party member, so likely going to reach 20/25 hours before even meeting the main characters. It's a 60-70 hour main story already (apparently), but I'll be exploring, grinding some, and doing plenty of sidequests along the way. I'll easily reach 90-100 hours or more I feel before getting near the end.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

If you're still pondering if you want the Smash DLC, now (or at least until October 24th) is probably the best time to do it.

Nintendo is offering 2x as many gold points towards the game and all related DLC through the eShop. So Fighter Pass Vol. 1 & 2 can net you 550 gold points (or $5.50 in eShop credit!).

https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/

Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Awesome reviews so far for Dread!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:34 pm
100% That Bitch

FINALLY REACHED THE FIGHT WITH HADES AND ALMOST BEAT HIM.

ugh does rhe game end after beating him?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:50 pm
The Kramer

I mean .. it could.

But no, for most players it does not end after beating Hades once. You need to beat him ten times to get to the credits, then there's a special epilogue (and alot more side quest stories) for the completionists out there.

Corpse, I looked it up, and it says in order to get Meg's companion you have to see a couple flashback scenes. I kinda remember these from my switch playthrough, but can't recall if they happen naturally or if you have to rest first. Maybe that is what is holding you back?

Gonna pick up Metroid Dread today ... or maybe tomorrow. Whenever I see No Time To Die since gamestop is close to the theater. ;) I know I said day-one, but was waiting for an off day and had plenty to occupy me with Avengers and Hades/Overwatch/Returnal.

Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:03 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yes, keep playing Hades until you beat Hades 10x at least. But there's a good bit more afterwards.

What do you mean rest? Just interact with the bed? I've seen Meg dozens of times in the lounge but haven't been able to gift her in ages. And I haven't gotten to fight her one-one-one in...what has to be bordering on 30 runs or something (honestly, maybe more like 40+). So just seeing her in the lounge isn't doing anything to trigger the scenes, so I can only assume I need to beat her one-on-one some more. I turned on Extreme Measures pretty much immediately when I unlocked the Pact of Punishment, and have only recently turned it off trying to get Meg solo (no luck yet...after about another dozen runs).

My husband's maxed her out though, and has received her companion, along with Thanatos (who he did first). But he hasn't used the Pact nearly as much as I have, which is why I'm thinking it's linked to Extreme Measures which prevents a solo fight with Meg. I think I just need to actually fight/beat her some more. Maybe. I'll keep trying!

I'll get Metroid Dread...eventually. I'm thinking of maybe hinting it as an Xmas gift to friends/family. I'm really, really hooked on Octopath Traveler now. Took me a little over 20 hours just to get all 8 characters (probably could have taken about half that time), and I just completed the chapter 2 story of one of them today and am already up to 28 hours. Each character has 4 chapters to complete, so I'm ~28% done with them after 28 hours! 1 hour per 1% so far! LOL. So, combined with all the exploring, a little grinding (though not as grindy as reviews said it was), and working on as many sidequests as I can in the meantime... This is going to easily be a 100+ hour game for me.

So that's going to keep me busy all month, and probably some next month. And then Voice of Cards comes out on October 28th. I don't know how long this game will be. It's a $30 eShop game, so I presume it won't be like 50-100 hours, but it's also Square Enix, so who knows. The card minigame itself is very addicting in the demo, so if it has online, that'll add hours as well.

Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I'm liking Metroid Dread. I do feel like I spend too much time running around trying to figure out what to do next, but when you're in a period of relentess fast-paced gameplay it is wonderful.

I've kinda burned out on Avengers. I like all the Miss Marvel missions, but playing as Iron Man makes the game feel very slow. The environments are also pretty reptitive and I'd rather not have to spend time roaming around a base in between missions. I still wanna finish the story though, will just try to stick with Kamala as much as possible. :)

The big news is that I defeated Hades with 16 heat! My highest on Switch was 9, though I was taking my time on that one a bit more. Last night I just said fuck it, loaded up my bow and hit the Tartarus. Didn't look like it was gonna happen, Extreme Measures Theseus took all my death defiances, but luckily I was able to buy two back from the Well of Charon. There's no trophy for doing 32, but I'll try it after I grind the rest of these trophies (max ranking all keepsakes is gonna take awhile.)

I also have already unlocked Meg and given her some ambrosia, so talking to her enough times must be the key.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:38 pm
100% That Bitch

Hey, i just discovered the dual powerupa between gods and YES.
Also the hardest boss has to be the minotaur hes hard as fuck to beat while the other guy i can beat easily after the minotaur is over. And i havent falied a single run thru the last world before Hades. I usually end up dying at the Elysium lulz fuck those regenrating bastarfs

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:45 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Congrats on beating it on 16 heat, Flava'd! I still need to do that.

Some retailers put Mario Party Superstars on shelves a week early (likely Walmart, they've been really bad at breaking street dates in recent months). Remember the N64 era minigames where you rotate the joystick, where the most "effective" means was using the palm of your hand, which resulted in blisters/calloused skin? Well, at least one of them is back (Tug-of-War), but the screen prior to playing the minigame now carries a warning label to NOT use the palm of your hand. :funny:

SO many people are about to destroy their Joy-cons, and/or achieve Joy-con drift after a few hours.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Fuck King Boo and that bike. :funny:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:06 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Right?! I don't know if my 64 controller joysticks were just too beaten up to win that game, or if I just sucked at it. I always used my palm to play it and the others though. Was winning it even possible with your thumb? :lol:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Returnal finally added a save feature! Too late for me since I'm just mopping up collectables in Biome 2 (my luck in the Crimson Wastes is terrible) but great for any newcomers, especially the casual audience if it wins Game of the Year.

Also, $30 extra for the N64 portion of Nintendo Online ($50 total for the year now) seems steep, especially since they have fewer than ten games up right now. I want Gamecube games for those prices!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:39 pm
The Kramer

Death's Door coming to Switch on November 23! Has great reviews which say it plays like 2D zelda in Dark Souls world. It's been on xbox since July, but I can't buy any games on that system when Game Pass provides so much.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:34 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Never heard of it. Checked out a couple trailers and reviews though. Looks fun. Only downside (for me) is that it's a short game (~10 hours). But at $20, that's not too bad, I suppose. Might purchase it since I have no plans to buy anything in November (or even December, need to check) right now.

Still just playing Octopath Traveler. Almost 60 hours in, and currently in in the middle of doing chapter 3 for the characters (4/8 so far). I've also worked on some side quests as I go, as well as completing the optional dungeons I come across if I'm an appropriate level (otherwise I go back to them when I am). Will probably be around 70 hours when I wrap up the remaining chapter 3 stories, so assuming the chapter 4 stories take a similar amount of time, probably looking at ~85/90 hours to complete the story. Although I know there is a dungeon/boss afterwards that's optional, but also brings together the storylines in some manner that I'll obviously do.

Voice of Cards releases tomorrow. I already pre-ordered it, so looking forward to playing it very soon. Early reviews are decent (7-8/10 averages so far). But, I really enjoyed the demo, so already knew what I was getting into. Only complaint I'll have is that it's pretty short, somewhere between 10-15 hours. But I got 5 hours out of the short demo, half of which was spent on the in game card game you can play, so I know I'll sink more than ~10/15 hours into it. But still a little disappointing to hear it's short after paying $30.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Corpse I have answered and conquered your second challenge: defeat Hades with Extreme Measures. And holy cow that did feel like a proper final boss. So fast with that follow through on the cleave and I nearly shat myself when he rose up again for the third stage. :funny:

I still haven't triggered the Epilogue though, damn Poseidon and the weird circumstances required to unlock his favor!

It's funny that you look at the short length of Death's Door and are turned away, but are completly engrossed in the 100 hour marathon of Octopath Traveler. I'm the opposite right now lol. Shorter games like Dread and Death's Door are exactly what I'm looking for as my backlog just grows and grows thanks to Game Pass. I wanna try Octopath Traveler but even thinking about how deep that lake is makes me not want to swim in it. :funny:

I did try Back 4 Blood though, and can cross that off my list. It was fine, but gameplay was slow and graphics are not very impressive. I'd rather just do Call of Duty zombies. :P

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:04 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Congrats!! Did you have a third or fourth dash in that Hades fight? I've only battled him once with Extreme Measures (jaw dropped when he summoned Cerberus), and while I lost but did alright, an extra dash or two struck me as something that could be vital. Maybe not completely necessary, but certainly very helpful. The Hermes boon that makes you durable/invincible for a second after dashing might be better/just as good.

I completed the Epilogue a while ago. The only quest I have left is getting all the Legendary Boons (need 4). I might have been able to complete this already if I made an effort, but it's one of those quests that I just slowly chip away at randomly while doing other stuff.

Remaining To-Do-List:

-Improve relationship with Meg and get her companion.
-Improve relationship with Hermes. For some reason, I'm not maxed with him. I have his Keepsake (and everyone else's) maxed, but not his relationship status. I almost always go to him though, but haven't been able to gift him in ages.
-Acquire all the Legendary Boons.
-Max out each of the weapons.
-Max out all the skills on the Mirror. Might have completed this already, but have spent a lot of Darkness on my rank.
-Successful runs on Heat Levels 16 and 32. These are on the back-burner though as I'm keeping EM off in order to run into Meg by herself (or at least try...).
-Defeat Hades on Extreme Measures.
-Reach Max Rank. I'm at Unseen Warden. I just checked this, and I thought that was impressive, but there are a lot more! LOL.
-Catch all the fish. I need the Seamare from Elysium and Voidskate from Chaos (fish only have a 7% chance to spawn in his realm, and the Voidstake is Legendary, so only 5% chance that a 7% spawn will be it...). Managed to get the Sturgeon (it gives you a Titan's Blood!) from Greece not too long ago, thank Zeus. Fish have a decent 20% chance to spawn in Greece, but you only get the one chamber for them to spawn and it requires you beat Hades before you attempt to catch it.

Is catching all the Fish/Legendary Fish/Specific Fish a trophy on the PS4/5? Good luck if any of those apply to it!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Yes I always try to have the extra dashes + quick/invulnerable dash. Without them Hades always destroys me with the back half of his cleave, and that's on normal. :funny:

Thankfully no on the fish. I just needed like ten unique types to pop the trophy. I can't remember if I got the Sturgeon on Switch but have certainly had no luck in this run. I just need to complete the epilogue, max out the keepsakes and reunite Achilles/Patrocolus to get my platinum.

For Hermes, you have to talk to him with his maxed out keepsake equipped.

I downloaded Age of Empires 4 from Game Pass, but probably will only play it once like Crusader Kings 3, Humankind, etc..

But at least its "free!"

Also, Forzen Horizon 5 launches next Friday? I gotta finish up some of these damn games!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:25 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, GameStop made a costly online/in-store pick-up error by greatly discounting many pre-owned games. The biggest one being Animal Crossing: New Horizons incorrectly being discounted to $9.99.......... The email listing I saw earlier had dozens of games that were suppose to be $30/40 pre-owned discounted to $10-20 for some reason, too, not just the Animal Crossing mistake.

An emergency email went out to stores shortly after the error to tell stores to not sell any games on the attached listing, but not before gamers (and hoarders, "investors") were able to snag some large quantities of the games, especially Animal Crossing (sold out now before the holidays).

Animal Crossing's trade-in value is almost $30, too. I wonder if GameStop will make it unavailable to trade-in or something for awhile? Not to mention people can resell them for $45/50 pre-owned on eBay, too.

I'm guessing the massive technical error occurred while they were perhaps setting up their Black Friday sales in advance or something, and the games listed next to the sale prices weren't correct. Not to mention someone selecting the "go live" button by mistake...

Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Heads will be chopped!!

Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:14 pm
The Kramer

Did you snag one Corpse? I always see these glitch prices too late, though it does happen more than you'd think. Earlier this year they accidently had a Buy 1 Get 1 free console glitch, people were getting like 8 switches at a time lol. I go on the cheap ass gamer forums at least once a day for these things, and they also were the ones who got the Amazon Ps5 preorder link early, or I might still be waiting to play Returnal. :hahaha:

This Underwater Boss in Metroid Dread is making me feel like I'm in Dark Souls. It is not messing around!

Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:40 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Unfortunately, no. I would have attempted to order as many as their site/app allowed had I seen the news early enough. It's been out for a year and a half now, and while it still sells well, wouldn't have felt bad about "hoarding" in this case. (Would have just sold/traded them all in anyway.)

I had no idea of that BOGO console glitch. Wow. Makes me wonder how store employees (especially managers) deal with such errors. Are they allowed to deny in-store purchases or cancel online pick-up orders?

Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

My pro controller is randomly getting some awful drift and making this already hard Dread game even harder. :mad:

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:19 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Really? Never head of the pro controller having drift issues. I primarily play docked and have used the same pro controller since day one. I do need to get a new one at some point in the future though. My A button is getting a little worn out, and I have trouble moving diagonally in games where that's a thing (only in games where you specifically have the option to move diagonally, if that makes sense).

Glad to hear that Dread is a challenging though. Or is it just the water level? (Is there any water level in a Nintendo game that isn't hard, by the way? LOL.)

Also, GameStop didn't have enough pre-owned copies of Animal Crossing to ship out, so they're shipping out new copies instead but only honoring 1 unit if more than one copy was purchased. I guess they're canceling/refunding any extra copies ordered in those cases?

Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 91  Next