Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
 How worried about the Omicron variant are you? 

Not worried at all, let's move on with life 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Kind of worried, I might wear my mask but others don't have to 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pretty worried, we should force masks and social distancing 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Extremely worried, lockdown please! 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Unsure 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: How worried about the Delta variant are you?
Quarantine is the best because it gives you hope for upcoming vacations that you will never take.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:17 am
Devil's Advocate

The big question is "do vaccinations people stop the spread"? The whole situation at the moment relies on it. The official word seems to be that it does, but there seems to be too many vaccinated people getting covid even if not serious. I am not convinced.

The entire strategy would be different if it was accepted that vaccinated people spread it, but it doesn't lead to as many hospitalizations. Vaccine passports and mandates would no longer be justified if the unvaccinated are not spreading it any more than the vaccinated, at the same time vaccinated people would most likely be trying to social distance more and not as comfortable in superspreader sized events if they thought they were spreading it. It seems crucial to be certain about this.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:19 pm
Keeping it Light

Which official word?

Everything I've read so far is that vaccinations only mitigate the spread and symptoms and just can't prevent it 100%.

Vaccine passes and mandates are still justified, if everyone being vaccinated saves only one life it should be worth it.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:38 pm
Devil's Advocate

stuffp wrote:
Which official word?

Everything I've read so far is that vaccinations only mitigate the spread and symptoms and just can't prevent it 100%.

Vaccine passes and mandates are still justified, if everyone being vaccinated saves only one life it should be worth it.

"If it saves one life" - yet we don't ban things like alcohol and cars just to save one life or do lockdowns for the flu

Secondly is being alive the only thing that matters? Is someone who loses their business, their savings and wife and spends the next 20 years in a bar until they die worth an 80 year old living five more years?

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:37 pm
Keeping it Light

Shack wrote:

"If it saves one life" - yet we don't ban things like alcohol and cars just to save one life or do lockdowns for the flu

Secondly is being alive the only thing that matters? Is someone who loses their business, their savings and wife and spends the next 20 years in a bar until they die worth an 80 year old living five more years?

- Alcohol and car "consumption" only affect the user themselves...you don't spread a hangover / liver damage to someone else, and if you abuse your car so they affect others there are punishments in place for that...so I think a similar way "punishments" for not being vaccinated are no different than the punishment for causing an accident while driving.

- Being alive is unlikely to be the only thing that matters for an individual, and though a good society is one that values every individual, the rules and regulations in a society should be there to serve the sum of them.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:30 am
Cream of the Crop

Reading the word 'Quarantine' over and over puts images of Quentin Tarantino in my mind.

Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

'My 12-year-old has to get vaccinated but a teacher doesn't'?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... shots.html

Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

It sounds like they are making some new vaccines that are closer to the old style instead of mRNA in Novavax and Valneva. This is probably the best thing that can happen to convince anti vaxxers.

Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:26 pm
The Kramer

Time to change the thread title?

Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:32 pm
Cream of the Crop

I guess the mysterious "cron" at the bottom of each KJ page was hinting at the impending apocalypse all along.

Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.

Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:41 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Cron Cron Cron Cron.

Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:36 am

A teacher at the school our son is going to just died from COVID. She was a notorious ant-vaxxer. Feel bad for her, just sad had delusional some people are.

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:20 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Aww. Congrats on the son, DIB! Time flies.

Going to get a booster shot this Sunday. (Husband, too.) I'll have been fully vaccinated for one full year next month, so a bit overdue.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I'm down to get boosted but I do wonder if a booster makes you less likely to test positive or if it just reduces symptoms? If it's just the second I don't really see a benefit to boosting just 8 months later. Maybe a year.

Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:26 am
Hold the door!

Last edited by zwackerm on Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:34 am
Forum General

If you healthy and young get vaccinated and enjoy life.

These variants spread so easily, unless you become a hermit you gonna get sick from them.

Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:04 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Measuring how worried one is of a new COVID variant by most played musicians and songs from 2021 is an interesting method, zwackerm. ;)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:29 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

I'm surprised by the Top Artist not being featured in the Top songs.

Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:41 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Corpse wrote:
Measuring how worried one is of a new COVID variant by most played musicians and songs from 2021 is an interesting method, zwackerm. ;)

:funny:

Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:49 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

I'm so over this shit at this point. I'm in my 20s, fit and healthy, I have nothing to worry about. I took the vaccine shots over the summer after carefully weighing pros and cons (before any mandates existed), but am not getting any booster shots period. If they institute some kind of draconian totalitarian mandate over boosters, well I've got three passport and money in three continents so I'm outta here. I'm not going to live in a place where the government forces me to put something into my body. And there were no clinical trials with 3, 4, 5 etc booster shots and zero long-term studies on long-term effects so I don't want to hear "they're totally safe!". Tell that to my friend in her 20s (also fit and healthy) who spent a month in a cardiac ward after her heart got myocarditis (there is nothing "mild" about it, it's like saying "a mild stroke", it's fucking serious no matter at what level) after taking her second shot. She will now need to have regular cardiologist appointments for the rest of her life. And after a bad case of myocarditis your chance of dying in the next 10 years is 50%. But I guess her sacrifice is worth it because a few obese 65 year olds will get to live an extra five years.

The way people have completely accepted their basic rights being trampled over because they're terrified of something that in 99% of cases is just a flu is really frightening. I guess now I know how totalitarian governments throughout history have emerged. People become brainwashed and actually accept them.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:11 pm
Hold the door!

Everyone sane is over it at this point.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:30 pm
Hold the door!

Thoughts on a booster? I am thinking side effects of a third shot will be worse than the second, plus I think I've been exposed to covid many times and never gotten sick from it. But I know double vaxxed people who never got sick with covid before who got it recently.

My thought was to get boosted in the spring but I'm uncertain what to do.

Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:34 pm
The Kramer

I liked covid better when we were getting free money every week.

I'd rather not get the booster shot, but if it's required to travel next year then I will.

Also, I haven't been able to smell anything for like two weeks, but my covid test was negative. Not sure what up with that. Do I already have the sigma variant?

Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:01 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Got the booster on Sunday. Pretty much the same symptom(s) as the second shot, a sore arm (expected) and a mild headache/slight fever for about 36 hours. I have gone 11 months since being fully vaccinated, so that was the main reason for getting the booster.

Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Got my third booster last night. As with last two boosters no symptoms for me. My arm also only had mild pain.

Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next