Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Some positives about Wrestlemania, because I just can't always be negative:

-Bianca finally got her redemption. It shouldn't have come at the cost of a ridiculous squash last Summerslam, but she deserved this.

-Logan Paul puts in an effort, and I had a lot of fun watching Johnny Knoxville and the Jackass guys. That was quintessential Wrestlemania. Celebrity involvement and lots of fun. Can't really criticize either here.

-Pat McAfee was over huge with the crowd. And I'm glad he won. Well... until the Boss squashed him. Props to McAfee for doing all the work.

-Cody Rhodes coming out as The American Nightmare and to his theme music (is that a genuine song AEW got the rights to?). That was the proper way to bring him out. I hope this run proves successful for him, I really do.

-My God, when I saw Austin come out with the knee braces, I said "Oh no... he's going to wrestle, it's going to be a 10 second squash and that'll be that". The fact that he wrestled for 13 minutes, took a lot of moves he did not have to take, and put on an excellent match after 19 years away, that blew me away. He's been largely on auto-pilot in his WWE appearances for at least ten years, so to see that was a welcome surprise.

Now... please don't ruin it by having him do the same in Saudi Arabia. One night only return in Texas is the proper way to end his in-ring career. Good for Austin.

Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:34 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

AEW must change its table match "rules" for tag matches. It's so confusing! There's no sense to it, actually.

Jeff Hardy was eliminated after being put through a table (that didn't actually break...). Okay. However, since it's a no DQ match, he just gets to remain in the match anyway. Umm... Sure? Then, Matt eliminates the Butcher by putting him through a table, meaning that Matt and the Blade are the two eligible men left. Yet all four of them are still fighting since it's a no DQ match. FINALLY, Jeff (already eliminated) somehow gets the win for the Hardys by putting the Blade (still in the match) through a table.

Uhh...?? Can one of you explain. :funny:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Everything after that was great! Yuta looked like a star out there with Danielson. Could see him winning the tnt title within a year.

And his match tonight on Rampage against Moxley was even better! Might have been the best Rampage match I've seen.

I will say though, that while I'm fine with blood (even if AEW overuses it in main events), they might want to practice the blading. I'm guessing Yuta hit an artery given how bright the blood was, but also just how MUCH he was bleeding throughout the match.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Ludwig Kaiser, Gunther and Raquel Rodriguez all made their Smackdown debuts last night. Great.

I'm not understanding the logic here. Vince knows NXT is still under the WWE umbrella right? Does he think he's got a whole separate company?

Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:30 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I don't think he considers NXT a legit wing of the company. So, once the talent is called up, they undergo a name and sometimes music change.

An interesting, if not weird, way to end Smackdown last night. Seems to be no plans for Reigns for a while, so I don't think we'll see a story develop there until near SummerSlam. My guess is they'll build Cody up over the next couple months and then have him challenge Reigns at SS. There's no one else to challenge Reigns, after all.

Unifying the tag titles is cool though, and I'm going to assume they'll do it. This makes me wonder if a female will join the bloodline at some point to unify the women's titles too. Maybe Naomi or Tamina? Tamina would make more sense, of course, but Naomi is the bigger name. Is there someone apart of the family on NXT right now? (I haven't watched it since it became 2.0 aside from a couple early episodes...)

I'm all for them unifying all the titles.

Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:06 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I'm not sure what the plan is for Roman going for. He obviously is champion until Summerslam. They're not going to have him drop the titles on a B-PPV. But Summerslam is so close to two full years. That takes us to Survivor Series. Survivor Series is so close to Wrestlemania. At that point... why not wait till Mania for such a big title change?

Two likely candidates are Cody and Bron Breakker, if he gets called up soon. I'm kind of shocked he isn't to be honest. That said, he needs work outside of his ring work. He's such a heavily manufactured WWE creation when he talks. He's suffering from the same affliction as another Bron (or Braun): Strowman. He has no experience outside of WWE so his skills are minimal right now. I know he's only young, but he needs work before he gets the big push he'll inevitably get.

Going to be interesting if it's Cody. Basically giving a massive win to a guy who helped build the competition. Kind of akin to giving the Undertaker's first Mania loss to Brock. He used it well enough, but if you're going to have Taker lose, ideally it would have been someone younger who needed the accolade. Same for Cody. Will they overlook their "homegrown" guys for what is still very much an outsider?

Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:31 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

The ending to Dynamite was pretty weak. I like the integration of ROH but the debut of some unknown giant just fell flat after a solid match. Well... a solid slap fest.

Tony Khan apparently passed the buck in an interview and said the idea came from someone with 30 years of experience and he OK'd the idea. I didn't watch/listen to the interview so I don't know if he was passing the blame or saying the idea came from someone with decades of experience and it sounded like a good idea on paper. It honestly is a decent idea on paper, if you take away the lights going out and having it end the show.

Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:40 pm
The Kramer

Was I the only one who thought it was Veer at the end of Dynamite?

Not their best Dynamite. Some good matches but nothing really popped. Glad Jurassic Express retained though. Their reign is gonna end soon, but not to the likes of Redragon/Undisputed Era!

Watching Rampage now. I assume I would have heard by now if they did a title switch though.

Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:30 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Veer debuting on Dynamite would have been hilarious. I guess he'll just be squashing people on RAW for several months, but I highly doubt WWE has any plans for him beyond that. Hope for the best for him, but the odds are not in his favor, I feel.

Joint PPV (Forbidden Door) between AEW and NJPW in June (I think) is really cool. Was sort of hoping for an announcement that AEW would be on HBO Max though since I missed most of their first year and some months later (what's taking so long?!).

Looking forward to tonight's Coffin Match between Darby and Andrade.

Also, Jake Roberts does not seem healthy. Well, he's not, but he appears especially unwell when he appears on AEW lately. Like tonight... he was just saying a few lines backstage but was sweating profusely and was out of breath.

EDIT: And let me say that the fans turning on Sammy and Tay is sort of annoying. They're leaning into it now, turning heel it seems, but it all started because of how active they were on social media. Maybe they'll work well as heels, but being forced into the roles because of audience and online reception because they share so many lovey-dovey photos together is, well, just annoying. It's become another Cody and Brandi situation of sorts, especially since they're feuding with Dan Lambert (...).

Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Sammy and Tay were definitely just slotted into Cody/Brandy's spot in this Dan Lambert double turn feud. I don't really like how they're going about it, but I do think that Sammy as a babyface had run its course. I'm guessing they will do the big mixed tag match at Double or Nothing? Though should it be Scorpio or Ethan Page who gets to tag with Paige Van Zant?

Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:36 pm
New Server, Same X

Yeah it kind of sucks how the audience turned on Sammy and Tay, but I think if they kept them separate on TV they would have been fine. Putting a couple together in a babyface role doesn't work. It killed a lot of momentum for Becky and Seth when they did that to them.

I don't mind them playing into a heel type role. I mean, half the heels on AEW get cheered. Adam Cole, Malakai Black, Bryan Danielson.

I barely watched Smackdown again this week. Really not feeling it. Three hours of AEW is enough at this point, it's difficult to keep up with five hours of WWE now (seven including NXT). Outside of Cody Rhodes, I don't really care what's going on.

Three of the announced matches at Wrestlemania Backlash (terrible name) are Mania rematches. Is Roman Reigns not defending the titles? We now have a dual champion defending neither title at a PPV?

Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:58 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I saw that Reigns and McIntyre have been working house shows together, so we might get a title match there at a PPV (doubt it's Backlash though) before SummerSlam. But I don't think Reigns is in any jeopardy of losing either title (is it "one" now since they were unified?) before SS. I'm going to assume they'll work on building Cody up as the guy to eventually beat him. There's no one else, after all.

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

If Usos v RKBro is the main event then Roman can still have a huge presence on the show without defending the title. WWE squashed the rumor that he was hurt, but we all saw how weirdly sudden the match with Brock ended. They definitely don't wanna strip the title off him, so maybe he's gonna get the part-time champion treatment for awhile.

Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:33 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I *might* watch Raw for the next few weeks. Asuka finally returned! :shout: Pretty great pop too!

Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

If anyone on the current roster is gonna be the one to beat Roman (my money is still on Bronn Breaker or Gable Steveson), it has to be Riddle right? This story with Randy Orton has made him get crazy over with both the casual fans and internet wrestling community. Very remeniscent of Daniel Bryan's ascension during the Team Hell No storyline. I know there were also rumors about him winning the Royal Rumble and facing Lashley at Mania before they eventually went with the Title V Tittle Winner Take All Unification Most Stupendous Match In Wrestlemania History.

But even though Roman v Rock doesn't need the title at all, we know it will be there. Roman will be right around 1000 days as champion around then too.

Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:21 pm
New Server, Same X

Haven't we been threatened with Roman vs. Rock since Roman turned heel? I don't know if it's going to happen. Rock will be 50 (!) next week. Bordering on 51 by next Mania. Is he going to risk his movie career for a match? And what's the outcome? Rock isn't winning and having a run with the title. If Roman wins, at that point he really is in god mode and could be champ until Wrestlemania 40.

Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:17 pm
The Kramer

He challenged him on Young Rock, X.

Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:06 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's been a bit since a mass release, but here we go! All NXT, including a few of their best talents (Dakota Kai, Dexter).

Dakota Kai
Malcolm Bivens
Dexter Lumis
Harland
Persia Pirotta
Draco Anthony
Sanjana George
Raelyn Divine
Mila Malani
Paige Prinzivalli

Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
He challenged him on Young Rock, X.

The fact that I had to look this up to know if it was true. Well I hope if it does happen that Rock costs him the titles at Summerslam or Survivor Series. I really hope the titles aren't involved. Because my point still stands that Rock isn't going over Reigns.

Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:04 pm
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
It's been a bit since a mass release, but here we go! All NXT, including a few of their best talents (Dakota Kai, Dexter).

Dakota Kai
Malcolm Bivens
Dexter Lumis
Harland
Persia Pirotta
Draco Anthony
Sanjana George
Raelyn Divine
Mila Malani
Paige Prinzivalli

I'm curious to what my breaking point is on when I give WWE a break. Because maybe not all of these names are known but enough of them had current, ongoing storylines. Why wasn't Harland with Joe Gacy during his Breakker feud? It would seem obvious that he'd be laying waste to Bron the last few weeks to weaken him for Gacy. Dexter Lumis was still in that silly InDex story, but it was good for laughs and he had a fun character. I understand Malcolm Bivens wanted to leave so that's fine. He needs to be in AEW where managers mean something. And the worst of all is Dakota Kai. She was so horribly misused since I started watching NXT last year.

At this point WWE should combine the three brands. No one in NXT is really fitting the "in training" bill anymore now that they've changed strategy on who they build there. And unlike RAW and Smackdown who don't need two separate women's tag and men's tag titles since there are usually only three or four teams tops per show at any given time, NXT actually has tag teams in both divisions that should just be added to WWE. We're at a place where we're just doomed to see the same variation of matches on rotation.

Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:10 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

WWE is using crowd sound effects, aren't they? Watching Smackdown right now, and where the crowd would normally react is amplified. But the crowd, while not dead, is not doing all this cheering, clapping, etc. Everyone and everything is getting a reaction.

There are times when the effects are especially loud, yet the crowd is just standing there.

Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Also, I guess we're not unifying the tag titles now? What a random change.

Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
WWE is using crowd sound effects, aren't they? Watching Smackdown right now, and where the crowd would normally react is amplified. But the crowd, while not dead, is not doing all this cheering, clapping, etc. Everyone and everything is getting a reaction.

There are times when the effects are especially loud, yet the crowd is just standing there.

The absolute worst creation of the pandemic era. And it's just a recreation of what they used to do when Smackdown was taped. Once Vince found out he could do it on live shows, that was it.

You know, you wouldn't need crowd noise if you gave the crowds a reason to make noise.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:57 am
New Server, Same X

There's something hilariously ironic about the fact that WWE has spent so much time and energy in making Roman Reigns a star that now that he is a huge star and massively over, they've painted themselves into a corner where his dominance is making it less fun to watch. He has hijacked both world titles. They can't now have him lose on Great Balls of Fire or Taboo Tuesday or whatever silly B-PPV events they have that aren't the big four. Summerslam is four months away. If he doesn't lose then, I can't see him not going to Mania again as champion.

They've gotten Reigns over at the cost of the rest of the roster. It's crazy how many people, big names too, that have been released since he won a year and a half ago.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219 ... 235  Next