Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Tony has teased at least one debut for tonight. I'm thinking it will be a recently married couple, before they head out on their honeymoon. His obsession with the forbidden door is odd tough. Neith KL or MY would qualify for that since they were both fired. Maybe someone from New Japan?

Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:14 pm
Top Poster

I’m guessing Shane McMahon. If McMahons are going to sell WWE as rumored, why not get a foot in the door of the competition instead?

John Cena would be my second guess due to Wipeout/The Peacemaker promotion.

Jeff Hardy, Bray Wyatt, Keith Lee, Mustafa Ali, or Samoa Joe don’t quite live up to the hype but would still be great,

Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Also seeing Cody Rhodes name floating about. Just imagine the HEAT(!!!) he'd receive. :lol:

Shane is very possible. WWE "letting him go" so soon after the Rumble mess makes it seem like a hostile departure, so it could happen. I hope not..., unless it's just some sort of behind the scenes role where he can be managed better or maybe as a manager role for someone, but I don't want to see him in the ring.

I don't really know if anyone else fits the forbidden door theme? Well, I guess Ali is the top candidate in this regard considering, at least to our knowledge, he is still under WWE contract, so signing him despite that would be quite the movie. It'd create a lot of buzz, but I don't know if they'd want to engage in a legal battle over him.

John Cena is an interesting one. I feel he's WWE to the end though, but... never know.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

I’d prefer Shane as on screen performer rather than a backstage higher-up with creative control. He probably had some high spot planned for Wrestlemania that he’ll want to be able to show off in the Face of the Revolution Ladder match instead.

Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Fantasy booking: Shane beats Isiah Kassidy tonight, but takes Private Party under his wing by buying the 51% share from Andrade (who doesn’t make sense as a long-term head/manager of this faction) and then fires Matt Hardy. Private Party managed by Shane feuds with Hardy Boyz, while Andrade moves onto other feuds (while making a quick buck from Shane).

Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Keith Lee is great and all. It's a big debut, of course. But... forbidden door? He's been free for a little bit now, so?

I know Tony Khan is a big fan and acts like a fan pretty often, but all the hype tends to "disappoint" a little bit. What was his last big announcement? I remember it being a bit "that's it?" too.

Again, awesome to see Keith, hope he thrives here. Just didn't seem like the person to fit this particular debut.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I think Jay White was meant to be the forbidden door while Keith was the double surprise.

Hangman! Over the ref and through the table to put Archer down.

Great episode. Even better than the normal great.

Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:12 pm
New Server, Same X

I don't know who Jay White is, but that's on me, not AEW. The crowd seemed to know right away so that was cool.

I still don't care if AEW is piling up all the WWE rejects. They get a proper place. Keith Lee never, ever looked that good or confident after getting called up from NXT.

Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:40 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Cody and Brandi announced they're leaving AEW.

Would be quite the turn of events if they resign with WWE. According to Meltzer and others, it was a big deal involving a lot of legal problems, but after six weeks, the split was finalized and they're effectively free of any AEW commitments/obligations.

I think we'll know before Mania if they're going to WWE, because I can't imagine Vince wouldn't have him involved in some way if there's been a deal in the works (or if it's already done). Could almost guarantee Cody would have been in the Rumble had the split occurred beforehand.

Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Taker goong intot he hall of fame. Literally all of mylifetime has sesn Undertaker perform. An ers is indeed ending.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:20 am
New Server, Same X

I don't understand why Cody would ever sign with WWE again. Unless he had some sort of character creative control, there's nothing for him in WWE. He isn't going to jump the line against Brock or Roman. There's a bunch of guys just under the surface waiting for a world title run. Unless Vince sees AEW as competition, why would he give Cody a major platform? It would be acknowledging that they're trying to compete with and destroy AEW.

I have to assume this isn't the end of it. There's either a bigger picture at play here that no one sees, or he's going to float around for a few weeks/months and end up back at AEW.

Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:28 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Rooting for Teddy Long to induct Taker.

And who did he put one-on-one with Taker TWICE in that one promo? :funny:

Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Top Poster

I think Cody’s next contract might directly be with a tv network/conglomerate, similar to CM Punk working with Fox Sports instead of WWE a few years ago.

If Cody signs with NBC, he’ll probably be next in line for America’s Got Talent judge if Howie or Simon leaves, have reality shows on Peacock/USA, movies with Universal, and be presented as the main star with huge creative control in WWE (where NBC has been the rumored future buyer) where he’ll either win the Raw title at Wrestlemania or be the one to eventually dethrone Roman Reigns. But he will then have booking power to put over and boost new WWE stars, like he has done in AEW with MJF, Brodie Lee, Darby Allen, Sammy Guevara, Jungle Boy, Malakai Black, etc. Depending on how much power he gains there, he may be able to open the forbidden door with AEW.

if he signs with WB, he’ll be expanding his presence on TNT/TBS/HBO Max/WB movies, where they’ll continue to groom him to be their next John Cena. While WB was ok with their star Cena appearing on WWE last year, Cody might try to make forbidden door short term appearances on WWE like Cena, whereas any further appearances on AEW might be more similar to however Shaq gets paid when he showed up there,

Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Certainly an interesting take. Cause I don't think he's dumb by any means, but he'd have to be if he signed directly with WWE and expected to make an impact there. He'd be putting over Happy Corbin by the end of the year in a feud that would last months on Smackdown. If they didn't somehow get him suited up as Stardust again. Or he'd win the IC title for ten months and defend it twice in that timespan.

Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:44 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I've liked Penta (and Lucha Bros) for a while, but his new entrance and look takes him up several more notches.

Also, Buddy Murphy/Matthews debut!

Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Oh, and excellent promo from MJF. He's always good on the mic, but this one was one of the best, if not the best. And it was a huge face promo given while being the biggest heel in the company AND in a feud with Punk. Incredible work.

Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Great dynamite, though I wish the Starks/10 and Jade/Bunny matches had been given a bit more time. Maybe they should have saved House of Black for next week?

Cesario is out of WWE for five seconds and Eddie Kingston is already talking shit. :funny:

Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:24 am
New Server, Same X

I love being genuinely surprised by wrestling. And it doesn't happen enough. I thought I had seen all CM Punk and MJF could offer, and was looking forward to what I assume will be the last match between the two at Revolution. Then MJF does that promo. That was a brilliant move and a fantastic promo from him. I feel like there's even potential now that the roles will be reversed going into Revolution.

I don't know what to expect with the story going forward and that's how I should feel. Too often we know what's going to happen. Like when Brock entered the Rumble at Number 30. And the next night when he said he was going to win the WWE title and make it a title vs. title match at Mania. In those moments, we knew Brock would win the Rumble and Brock would win at the Elimination Chamber.

And I'm not saying WWE is the only one that's predictable. AEW is too. But it's nice when they find a way to surprise the fans.

Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:33 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Great dynamite, though I wish the Starks/10 and Jade/Bunny matches had been given a bit more time. Maybe they should have saved House of Black for next week?

Cesario is out of WWE for five seconds and Eddie Kingston is already talking shit. :funny:

So weird to see Cesaro just being let go so quietly. No announcement unless I missed it. One of the best in-ring performers they had. Losing guys like him makes no sense. Unless he just didn't want to resign, of course.

Also... Ricky Starks. Pretty stunning dude. Pretty good in the ring too.

Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Apparently Vince is going to have a match at Mania?

Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:00 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

If Vince or Austin have matches at Wrestlemania... I don't even have words anymore.

I honestly don't have any expectations for Wrestlemania this year. Basement level.

-They've snakeoil-salesman'd us into buying ANOTHER Brock vs. Roman Mania match, under the guise of it being a face Brock and a heel Roman. Oh and title vs. title. Not to mention it's the third advertised match between the two in the last six months. They would have had the Day 1 match if not for Roman getting Covid.

-They could have had a really cool and long-awaited Ronda vs. Becky match, with the roles reversed (and me actually caring), but as per usual, Charlotte ruined that. The two have no chemistry (probably more to do with Charlotte, as she's in the Randy Orton "I will half-ass this if I want to" part of her career).

-Bianca Belair will likely finally get retribution... seven months later. After already losing to Becky after Summerslam.

-Logan Paul and Johnny Knoxville. Alright.

-My biggest disappointment is I felt nothing for Edge and AJ Styles last night. Their match should be great, but I'm not into Edge turning heel on him.

This is honestly a repeat broadcast this year. Brock and Roman again. Charlotte against Ronda. Becky and Bianca. Logan Paul again. Sami working with a celebrity. Edge and the menacing in-ring promos to build his Mania match. Rinse repeat.

Why not throw in a guy who hasn't wrestled in 19 years and another guy who's a few years shy of 80.

Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:12 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Tony Khan opens Dynamite saying he's bought ROH.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I got Double or Nothing tickets. :D

Row P in the section directly opposite the entrance ramp.

Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:13 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nice. Far less as cool, I got offered free tickets from a friend to the go-home RAW on March 28th in Pittsburg, IF I was willing to drive us there.

I declined...

1. Just really not into WWE much right now.
2. It's a about a 5 hour drive. Not exactly awful, but not fun.
3. (Most importantly) I really, really hate driving in Pittsburgh.

The infrastructure is a mess and confusing as hell. And there are signs you literally have to read (as in sentences) while driving so you (or others) understand the roads and what you're suppose to do (or not). The annoying "you may have a green light, but oncoming traffic can still go through their red light for awhile" areas... It's disorderly mess.

I haven't driven in many cities, but it's by far the most chaotic I've been in.

Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I can't imagine me driving five minutes to see a WWE show right now.

Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215 ... 235  Next