Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
That was one special moment. I don't care that it was in his hometown, that crowd was still unreal and made it all the more special. I've been one of the many fans who have waited for his return, and I'm so glad it wasn't with WWE. I know it sounds like he didn't even consider it, but with his FOX employment for WWE Backstage two years ago, I have to think he at least considered it. But with all that WWE has done lately, AEW was the right choice.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:01 pm
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
In response to CM Punk, Logan Paul will be on Raw this Monday. Cena/Paul or Goldberg/Paul at Survivor Series?

CM Punk in AEW or Logan Paul in WWE... man, Vince sure knows how to up the stakes.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:03 pm
The Kramer

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:05 am
The Kramer

Seriously awesome moment. I knew it was gonna happen, and yet still didn’t, but they didn’t even mess around. Two minutes into the show and Cult of Personality hits. An excellent promo to follow up, that showed his journey with a surprising amount of restraint in the wwe bashing department. Punk v Darby is set and all eyes will be on All Out.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:23 am
Top Poster

Of course WWE had to ruin any good will from Becky Lynch’s return with the dumbest booking. Brock’s return tonight along with Cena explains why they released Wyatt and all those other wrestlers, those two together likely make more than everyone released combined together.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:26 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I dunno, I actually think Mountain Brock’s return worked better. Becky’s was clearly just thrown together at the last minute to make up for Sasha being out (and pregnant maybe?) Just coming out and beating up Carmella would have been fun, but why did they have to give Bianca the Kofi treatment?

Show was a mess overall, but damn that Edge v Seth match was great.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Probably just should have had a short match with Bianca beating Carmella (again). They've wrestled enough for weeks/months that they could have put on a short impromptu match, surely. And then Becky could have come out and challenged Bianca for a later date. All of it seemed to be decided the day of. Squashing Bianca in 20 seconds was the worst option available. It shouldn't even had been an option...

I wonder if they would have brought both Becky and Brock back in the same night if CM Punk hadn't debuted too.

Or perhaps Sasha not showing at house shows (and thus would likely miss SummerSlam too) was the main factor in them bringing Becky back earlier than probably planned. Rumors are she's been testing positive for COVID and/or hasn't gotten vaccinated, which is why WWE has continued to advertise her all the way up until the start of SummerSlam (including during the Kickoff). If she was pregnant, you'd think that'd be something they'd announce and wouldn't be a wait-and-see scenario if she was cleared or not until the day of the house shows and especially SummerSlam. Pregnancy isn't something that'd determine if someone was cleared or not on a night to night basis, I don't think. Once determined, that'd be it for any future shows.

But who knows. Not leaning into any of the rumors for now. Whatever the case, hopefully she's good.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Walter and Dragunov just delivered one of the best matches of all-time.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Corpse wrote:
Walter and Dragunov just delivered one of the best matches of all-time.

This.

Match of the year and it wont be topped anywhere. Everything was perfect and the storytelling was outta this wold

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:48 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Friday ratings:

AEW Rampage - 1.129 million viewers; demo (18-49) - 692,000 (0.53)
WWE Smackdown - 2.102 million viewers; demo (18-49) - 738,000 (0.57)

Rampage peaked at 1.341 million viewers; demo 842,000 (0.65).

Pretty darn huge. Over a 50% increase over the debut episode last week. And read that Rampage's second episode numbers are higher than every Dynamite show in 2019 besides its debut episode. Wonder how Dynamite will perform this Wednesday now being the established program with the better time slot.

Smackdown will likely continue to do around 2 million, I figure, even without Cena thanks to Brock and Becky returning. Not a coincidence that both Brock and Becky are on Smackdown versus Raw, although Raw desperately needed one or both of them. Raw's ratings are probably going to slip a good deal unless they do something big soon.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Punk "spoiling" Daniel Bryan joining AEW in his promo tonight was pretty funny.

Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I... genuinely do not understand how they could fuck up Becky Lynch this badly. Honestly I've been sticking it out with WWE to see Becky return, and they fucked it up.

The Summerslam return was fun, but none of it made sense. She takes out Carmella and challenges Bianca to an impromptu match. Why would she challenge Bianca? Why wouldn't she go for the RAW Women's championship. It's the title she held for over a year and Charlotte is there. There's history. Then she squashes Bianca in under a minute, undoing anything they built with Bianca since Royal Rumble. Why?

The Smackdown appearance didn't make it any better. If anything, it made it worse.

People are saying she's a heel. Nothing about her promos or her return say she's a heel. Her actions are heelish but that's what worked for her when she first started getting popular. She had the heel edge to her. I genuinely think WWE is booking her as a babyface and it makes zero sense. I don't mind face vs. face, but... this ain't it.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:42 am
New Server, Same X

WWE did do something remarkable. They've made Roman Reigns and Baron Corbin work. Corbin is just basically doing Cameron Grimes' shtick when he was a heel, and it's wonderfully rushed in only a way WWE could pull off, but I have to say I like it.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:43 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I've been way behind on RAW (only keep up with it through highlights/news now), but I'm watching it tonight.

The booking of Piper Niven (Doudrop...) is so stupid. She's decently talented and diversifies the women's division. I don't know if she'd ever be a big name in WWE (she was doing fine in NXT UK), but starting her out like this is going to be damn hard to recover from... The audience was DEAD even as she beat up Eva Marie.

And Karrion Kross is basically DOA on RAW. It'd usually take at least a couple weeks or a month or so before big NXT names were ruined on the main roster, but it's happening in their first appearance now. In a few weeks they'll shorten his name to Kross, and when that doesn't work (...), he'll become forgotten. His entrance was largely ruined, and he's wearing BDSM gear. The helmet is dumb, and the X shaped suspenders (a play on "Kross"?...) he wears in the ring are silly. The audience has no reaction to him...

I try to be positive with any show, but it's almost impossible to find anything on it to like. RK-Bro has somehow become the "best" part of RAW to me.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Charlotte and Nia were a bit physical/rough with each other tonight. Not just a little sloppy, as not too unusual for some Nia matches, but it was probably put together very last minute. But a good bit of the match, particularly the latter half, was rough. A lot of shoving, slapping, no-selling and general stiff shots and such.

Maybe they were just acting angry, or became frustrated by not being able to cooperate well, but wouldn't be surprised if one (or both) got a bit personal here. There were a couple long stretches of this behavior. May have been a real shoot.

I'm assuming Charlotte will be dropping the title to Nia soon, too. Don't see another outcome really when you have Nia defeat all three recent champs (Nikki, Rhea, and Charlotte) all in the same night in individual matches.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nia and Charlotte are trending this morning. Lol.

Looking at the clips from the match now, and yeah, they got into it. Looks like it started from Nia suddenly dropping Charlotte harshly on her back/shoulders with no warning/time to prepare (maybe in response to a stiff short beforehand), and it kinda escalated from there with Charlotte slapping/shoving Nia in the face, and then Nia returning the treatment. Most of the actual wrestling from there was stiff, from Charlotte's kicks to Nia, to the last slam Nia gave her for the win.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:40 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Yeah they were shooting right there

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:18 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Good knowing you NXT...

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Now I just have an image in my mind of a random Dynamite, suddenly Ace of Spades hits and HHH walks out with all the NXT castoffs.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:11 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Daffney committed suicide last night. Ugh.

I saw many in the wrestling community trying to reach people on social media who had her address or knew someone that could physically reach her following a live steam of her threatening suicide (with a pistol), but it was too late.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

:(

Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Now I just have an image in my mind of a random Dynamite, suddenly Ace of Spades hits and HHH walks out with all the NXT castoffs.

Maybe I'm just an outsider looking in on WWE, but the way I see it, I feel bad for Triple H and feel like Vince is blaming him for what he perceives as a failure in NXT. He's had it out for the brand ever since fans realized it was the best of the three shows. It explains why 90% of NXTers getting cut down big on the main roster, the latest examples being Keith Lee and Karrion Kross.

Kross may look dominant right now but you had him lose two of his first three matches and you made him look like a Mad Max cosplayer. And he's not touching the main event. He'll be lucky to get a wasted US title run before being axed.

I'm just disappointed I didn't watch NXT years sooner. I only started earlier this year but even then it was so much better than RAW or Smackdown. Feels now like Adam Cole's departure was a huge turning of the tide.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:38 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Daniel Bryan and Adam Cole debuting in AEW on the same night?! Ruby Soho debuting as well to win the Battle Royale?!

I had things going on last night and couldn't watch live, so need to go back and watch All Out sometime this week. Sounds like it was an excellent show.

Also seeing rumors that Charlotte may not resign with WWE when her contract expires. No one knows the end date of her contract yet though. Supposedly losing clean to Nia last week was a last minute retaliation booking decision, and she's likely to drop the title to Nia on RAW tonight. This one is still deep in the rumor mill though, so we'll see.

Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

It was definitely an awesome show, with every kind of pro wrestling technique and style you could ask for. The one thing that bothered me was not putting Punk last, but I guess the double-debut swerve made up for that and thensome. :funny:

Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:48 pm
Top Poster

Cm punk and Bryan danielson did not live up to their high expectations. Punk lost a big step, moving much slower than Christian or Jericho, and was totally carried by Allin in their match. Danielson’s debut felt flat compared to Cole’s excellent debut, when it should’ve been closer to Punk’s mind blowing debut.

Despite those disappointments, it was still like the best ppv in years:
* Kingston gave Miro his best match in AEW
* unique Japanese fighting style in the Mosley match
* tag team Cage match - best cage match this century, they are the true cornerstones of AEW
* AEW women’s depth so strong, too bad they are not used on tv. Ruby did not deserve to jump ahead of a third of them.
* Jericho-MJF - great psychology and drama
* Omega-Cage and Statlander-Baker both solid title matches

Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206 ... 235  Next