Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234 ... 236  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
I had zero interest in Payback, but sounds like Seth/Nakamura, the tag title match and Becky/Trish were standouts. Really happy for Trish and Becky because their feud has been kind of lackluster, considering it includes a babyface Becky and a heel Trish. Should have been great but think it just got dragged out too far.

The Young Bucks doing a victory lap in the ring after Collision went off the air is why I can't put 100% blame on Punk. Yeah his attitude and behavior is awful and toxic, but these guys come across like fucking children (oh god that came out of my head without it being a reference to what Punk said). They've isolated themselves in a bubble. I don't see Omega doing this stuff. Or Hangman for that matter. And Hangman probably has the best reason to be a dick.

On the plus side for Punk, if that was his last match ever, he wrestled in front of a record crowd in Wembley Stadium against one of his biggest in-ring rivals. Not sure you could have a bigger last match.

Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:01 pm
The Kramer

Watched a little bit of All Out. Definitelt has a mid card but it's been fun so far. Miro v Hobbs was great and reminded me of Acclaimed v Swerve / Lee from last year.

Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:42 am
100% That Bitch

THANK YOU, TRISH.
MOTY candidate best cage match i've seen in forever.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:46 am
New Server, Same X

Yeah, genuinely happy for Trish if this is her last run/match. She put in her work and deserves her praise and legend status.

Haven't watched All Out. I'm sure the midcard level matches delivered, but it didn't have the feel of a big 4 PPV for the buildup. Kind of funny that two years ago, we saw the return match of CM Punk and the debuts of Adam Cole and Bryan Danielson, while it looks like this year's All Out saw the debut of CJ Perry. But if it leads to more Miro, I won't complain.

Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:29 am
Devil's Advocate

I felt like CM Punk’s AEW tenure had already peaked as seen by his All In match being the Lashley vs McIntyre opener of the card, turning full heel could have given him another wind, but there was also injury concerns. Mending fences with WWE and having feuds with Owens and Rollins is a more fun outcome.

Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:38 pm
The Kramer

If they wanna extend Roman's run until he retires then Punk v Reigns wouldn't be a terrible Mania main event. The Rumble crowd would go nuts for Cult of Personality.

If they have Cody job to Roman again there's gonna be a riot in Philly.

Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:17 pm
New Server, Same X

As expected, sounds like Santana and Ortiz have real-life issues that no one bothered addressing or having concern for when they were booked together for All In.

I spent the better part of two years thinking so much of the AEW backstage drama was a work, likely leading to immense interest in people working together in the ring (especially Punk and The Elite), but if the past few weeks has taught me anything, it's that AEW backstage is a wild west of clashing egos.

WCW sank because people working there thought the ship would stay afloat forever and nothing could sink it. AEW could go in the same direction if it's not careful. This could be a turning point for its future. It has a lot going for it but it doesn't take much to throw it off the rails. Punk could just be the beginning.

Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:13 pm
The Kramer

Great Collision for Cleveland last night! I haven't watched it back yet, but I think I made it on tv as I was right next to Mox when he was posing in the crowd. Darby v Roddy was also one of my favorite matches I've seen live.

Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:45 pm
The Kramer

And that great Collision is immediately followed by one of the worst Dynamites I've seen. :lol:

AEW is very inconsistent right now. The live attendance numbers (in the US) have been horrible too. I think they need a switch up in the main event scene. I'd like to see Samoa Joe win the title next week. Max and Adam can continue their friendship saga without the belt on the line.

Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:14 pm
Top Poster

It’s obvious that the original plans were MJF-CM Punk and Samoa Joe is the replacement. Tony Kahn might be extra appreciative of Samoa Joe saving his life from CM Punk’s outburst, and then convincing Punk to wrestle their match professionally. Especially with Jade Cargill leaving, it is very reasonable for MJF to drop the title to Samoa Joe rather than risk him bring the belt with him to WWE in 2024 as another one of Cody’s recruit like Jade.

I see Jade winning Royal Rumble 2024 and winning the title at Wrestlemania and having yet another super long reign,

Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Way too behind on WWE but I can still comment on AEW.

Like the use of Samoa Joe the last few weeks getting treated as unstoppable monster.

Swerve Scott vs Page feud has been solid so far, I like acknowledging it’s weird Page can go for months without doing anything, I can totally believe it’s not kayfabe that he’s coasting and asks Tony for time at home or something. Swerve feels right as a high profile singles feud heel.

The women’s title situation seems lost to me, every reign recently (Storm’s 2nd, Shida, Saraya) feels like a transitional champion but there’s nobody to transition it to, it feels like Statlander and Cargill would beat any of them in a fair singles match.

Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:27 pm
New Server, Same X

So... Roman is never losing the title, is he?

Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:22 pm
Top Poster

No wonder Nia Jax returned, that was probably a condition for The Rock appearing for WWE to hire his cousin back.

Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

If they have Roman vs. Rock at Wrestlemania for the title, that prolongs this storyline even further and after the last few weeks of treading water, I don't know how that works in the long-term.

If they have Roman vs. Rock at Survivor Series (or, please god no, Crown Jewel), it feels too big of a match to not have it at Wrestlemania.

If it's not for the title at Wrestlemania and Cody ends up beating Roman at Survivor Series for the title, feels like a waste of a title switch. Again, too big not to happen at Wrestlemania.

If Cody doesn't win the title from Roman until Wrestlemania 41... Jesus, that cannot be the plan, can it?

Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:17 am
100% That Bitch

But the thing is, Cody's story hasn't been about winning the title from Roman. "Finish the story" means to win the title his father never held.

He doesn't have to take it off Roman.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:53 pm
Top Poster

Mustafa Ali will be a huge star in AEW. Can’t wait for his debut there and the classic matches to come.

Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Nice PPV like Dynamite, I think Kingston vs Claudio and MJF vs Samoa Joe were the best and I was surprised by the Moxley title change and Guevera losing and turning heel.

Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:30 pm
The Kramer

I'm surprised AEW isn't taking more shit for the Mox thing. He was obviously concussed right at the start of the match. Good show overall though I really did think Joe was gonna win the title. MJFs defenses are the new Roman defenses.

Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:23 pm
The Kramer

Seeing Mace and Mansoor on the release list today makes me wonder if LA Knight would be on there too had they insisted he stick with his Max Dupree gimmick. Has to be HHHs biggest success in his brief run as head of creative.

Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:03 pm
New Server, Same X

AEW random thoughts:

-I'm glad Sammy Guevara turned heel... again... cause the babyface thing wasn't working. Which in part is because Jericho is still a heel? Right? But Sammy turned heel on the heel... I don't know. I've always applauded Jericho for being fresh and reinvent himself but I'm feeling exhausted by his AEW run now. He would benefit from doing a 2007 Jericho-style heel run now instead. The "Rocker in his 50s" thing is stale. The JAS was briefly fun, mostly for reasons not associated with Jericho (Daniel Garcia; Anna J.A.S.; hearing Matt Menard yelling about what makes his nipples hard), but it was just Jericho rehashing The Inner Circle.

But because it's Jericho, this feud will run until All In Wembley 2024.

-I had to stop and rewind the Moxley/Fenix match about a minute or two in because I genuinely thought Moxley was drunk/high. I even found it odd he wouldn't come down to the ring right away and Fenix had to go get him. Makes sense now at least, shame on me for assuming the worst. Too bad Orange Cassidy's title reign ended and now Moxley drops the title less than a month later. But great for Fenix, he and Penta are always fantastic.

-Also can we stop and appreciate that this weird ramp design that they do to the ring occasionally has been terrible in terms of injuries and near-injuries? Bryan Danielson had his leg caught in there and thankfully wasn't hurt. Fenix jumped off it and landed on Moxley, which I assume is where the concussion happened. And Adam Cole jumped off it and seems to be injured now. I feel like there was another incident as well but can't remember.

-Even though I'd like to see Samoa Joe win the World title, I can see now that their match was meant more for Joe giving MJF respect after all these years, and the real story is still Adam Cole/Roderick Strong/The Kingdom.

Last edited by Mister Ecks on Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:00 am
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Seeing Mace and Mansoor on the release list today makes me wonder if LA Knight would be on there too had they insisted he stick with his Max Dupree gimmick. Has to be HHHs biggest success in his brief run as head of creative.

100%, if not sooner.

These releases suck. I know I cry wolf a lot with Vince and WWE, but it really does feel like we're on the edge of a dark period in WWE.

Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:10 am
The Kramer

Mister Ecks wrote:
Flava'd vs The World wrote:

100%, if not sooner.

These releases suck. I know I cry wolf a lot with Vince and WWE, but it really does feel like we're on the edge of a dark period in WWE.
But think about the Endeavor executives and shareholders. What would they do without ten figure bonuses and record breaking profits every quarter?

Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:37 am
100% That Bitch

Jade Cargill has signed with WWE. Odds she beats Io on her debut? Hell, let's see if she beats Rhea on her debut.

The sky's the limit for her

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:10 pm
The Kramer

Jade should probably go to NXT and defeat Becky for that title if anything. I think we are already set for Becky v Rhea and Charlotte v Bianca as the two big womens matches at Mania. Maybe Jade v Beth in a battle of the same finisher at Mania if she comes to Smackdown right away?

Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:28 pm
New Server, Same X

NXT is the best option, even short term. But they've made such a big deal already, I can't see them wasting her on NXT.

Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234 ... 236  Next