Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Bunny and Priest should have main evented. Saying it now before Cody and Lesnar here soon.

Massive crowd reaction the whole time; great to see two legends return; and the match itself delivered. The crowd is amazing, but not gonna get this level of excitement for the rest of the night.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat May 06, 2023 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And I definitely stand by what I said! Haha. The crowd was still amazing though in the final two matches, and I hope WWE goes back at least once a year now.

But the Bunny/Priest match was aces. Cody/Lesnar was good, but the ending was sort of meh. Not bad, but Cody getting out of the ring quickly and almost "running" away made him look a little "weak" to me, as if he stole the win. I know, I know! He just beat Lesnar, the beast. He's not going to stick around and it keeps Lesnar strong. Still not a fan of the ending, and the show would have ended on the highest note possible with the Bunny/Priest ending.

Very good PLE overall. 4/5. Rhea/Vega was weaker than I was expecting, but Rhea came out of it strong and Vega got her moment there too.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun May 07, 2023 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Absolutely agree it should have gone last. Bunny's entrance, and really the whole match down the cameos was so much fun.

And it feels like Cody has been neutured. Hate to say it but I couldn't get into the match at all.

Sun May 07, 2023 11:01 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Seth winning the World Title is like 99% likely, right? AJ is equally as amazing, but he just came back and it'd feel weird to me if he won it. Could see Seth/Cody having a SummerSlam match for the World Title.

And we have two options at Night of Champions... either Reigns/Solo win the tag titles, giving Reigns 4(!) championships, or the Usos (Jey) turn on them and cost them the win, right? The latter setting up a potential feud between Reigns/Jey which'll lead to a SummerSlam title match.

Sat May 13, 2023 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I honestly kind of hope its just a huge fakeout and Roman finds a way to get this one too. Winning a world title without beating him means nothing.

Sat May 13, 2023 10:45 pm
Devil's Advocate

The swerve ending to Dynamite was some good stuff

Mon May 15, 2023 10:05 pm
Devil's Advocate

Jericho vs Roddy falls count anywhere was fun

Sun May 21, 2023 2:41 am
100% That Bitch

Sorry but Trish and Becky are carrying the NoC build up and there is nothing u can do.

The Bloodline has to fracture on June 2. 9 years after Seth breayed the shield. It's about damm time Jay gives Roman a chairshot on the same date Seth did it.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue May 23, 2023 6:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Note to self: Don't watch Impact after those disturbing videos of one wrestler stapling another's mouth SHUT. And then I just saw a fan video of the dude pulling them out with pliers.

Fuck no. I don't know if they're really desperate for attention, ratings, or whatever, but I have to believe they've also lost at least some and kept others away in the process too.

Sat May 27, 2023 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

As much as I know Vince still has a hand in running the show, it feels like there is a genuine effort to fix stuff lately. Getting rid of Roman's two belts is a good start. Next we need to do something about both the WWE Women's Tag titles and NXT Women's Tag titles being on Raw and/or Smackdown. And we need to have new Women's titles as well. The RAW Women's champion is on Smackdown and vice versa. Rename them, for the love of God.

Glad to see the Bloodline story nearing some sort of conclusion, even if it takes months to get there. If only things had turned out differently for Bray Wyatt, if he had a stronger presence since his return, he could have been a dark horse contender to take the title off Roman, circling back to Roman winning the title off him three years ago. Alexa walking past new champion Roman, and staring at him shortly after he won the Universal title is still one of my favorite images. But Alexa is pregnant and Bray is injured (?) so unfortunately that isn't happening.

The logical choice is Cody Rhodes. The storyline choice is one of the Usos or Solo. As much as I like the idea of circling back to Roman vs. Jey, I really don't think they could properly build any of the Usos to take that spot. It has to go to a huge star who will benefit huge off it. I don't think the Usos or Solo are there.

Of course, we've been having this conversation for the better part of 1000+ days, like Roman dropping the title is always just around the corner.

Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:33 am
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
Note to self: Don't watch Impact after those disturbing videos of one wrestler stapling another's mouth SHUT. And then I just saw a fan video of the dude pulling them out with pliers.

Fuck no. I don't know if they're really desperate for attention, ratings, or whatever, but I have to believe they've also lost at least some and kept others away in the process too.

Had to look this up. I have to be honest that I don't find this enjoyable anymore, if ever. I didn't get to watch ECW so I don't have much of an opinion there. If WWE does one thing right, it's when someone gets bloody, it means something. I'm not into this sick, disturbing style of wrestling violence. AEW walks that line and I'm not really into it either.

I liked most of Anarchy in the Arena. One of the Young Bucks getting thumbtacks in his foot is right on the line for me but still kind of silly wrestling fun.

And I can't even properly say what does and doesn't work in wrestling violence. I can't explain why throwing Mick Foley off the top of the Cell in 98 is iconic, and stapling a wrestler's mouth is repulsive. One probably has a greater negative impact to a man's quality of life over the other, and it's not the staples.

Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:40 am
The Kramer

I'd like to see Roman defend the title against both Usos in a triple threat at the London show. Will most likely be another tag match though.

Gotta say that AEWs Double or Nothing ppv was very weak. It started and ended well, but so many of the midcard matches were duds and it killed any kind of momentum the show was building up. And speaking of violence, putting several no disqualification matches on the card ahead of Anarchy in the Arena really dulled the effect of that match.

Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:36 pm
The Kramer

Forbidden Door:

Danielson v Okada
Omega v Ospreay
Cassidy v Sabre
MJF v Tanahashi - AEW title
Senada v Jungle Boy - NJ title

:noway: Insanely stacked card already with a surprising amount of story built in on such short notice. I know Sasha's injury will keep her out, but would love to see Kairi on the card for a big women's match.

Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:46 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yeah, dream card show for sure so far.

Did you see where MJF tried to knock a fan's hat off last night, but instead slapped his face and nearly knocked his glasses off? I haven't read any follow ups on it, and the fan, while probably a bit shocked for sure, seemed the type to not take it too seriously given it was an accident (let's hope!).

Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:31 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I saw the slap but just assumed MJF was being his usual despicable self. :funny:

Also a fantastic match with Adam Cole last night. Cole needed to make up for his stinker with Jericho at DoN and delivered in a way he hasn't since the NXT days.

Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:18 pm
New Server, Same X

I kind of figured the dude's glasses were knocked around when the hat flew off. Hopefully he's the kind of fan who would enjoy the story. It does seem like something MJF will have to be more mindful of. Jeff Jarrett and Ric Flair are guys who know how to work with specific crowd members without causing any damage.

Forbidden Door 2 is looking fantastic. Glad to see this become a regular event.

Adam Cole vs. MJF is the type of match that made me love AEW from the start. Just a terrific match, and it wasn't the main event (should have been our first indication that the time limit would be a factor). Brilliant ending. MJF may only have four matches this year, but they've been great.

CM Punk returns tomorrow. I think we can assume how it's going to play out, which will be the smart move. Lots of pre-return drama already, which at this point has to be a work. If it's not, then no way it ends well. I genuinely hope for all involved that Punk and The Elite are actually on speaking terms and are working towards an eventual in-ring showdown, which would be a great moment.

But if it's not a work...

Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:21 am
New Server, Same X

Mister Ecks wrote:
As much as I know Vince still has a hand in running the show, it feels like there is a genuine effort to fix stuff lately. Getting rid of Roman's two belts is a good start. Next we need to do something about both the WWE Women's Tag titles and NXT Women's Tag titles being on Raw and/or Smackdown. And we need to have new Women's titles as well. The RAW Women's champion is on Smackdown and vice versa. Rename them, for the love of God.

Glad to see it didn't take them long at all to rectify all of this. It's taken a while but Triple H has made a big deal of both Rhea Ripley and Asuka. Glad that they are the first to hold the new titles.

Little less enthused with the prospect of Rousey and Baszler winning the unified tag team titles over Isla Dawn and Alba Fyre. I mean, I'm kind of happy with the direction of Rousey and Baszler working together. But it's a bit of a misstep if Dawn and Fyre's first month on the main roster is dropping the titles.

Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:23 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Rousey and Baszler need to be booked as monster heels. Everyone knows their background, and "realistically" they'd be very dominant. Having to cheat to win shouldn't be happening. Book them as nigh unbeatable for a long period of time and have their eventual loss matter more.

Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Regarding Punk... I honestly wish he wasn't returning (at least to the ring). He's not the only overdramatic guy in the locker room, but he seems to make it more about himself and take it more seriously than most do. (At least based on what we see on social media.)

I just read the bit about where he discusses Hangman in that ESPN interview. Hangman chopped him in the mouth in their match, and accident or not, Punk allowed that moment to affect him and and get out of control. He has plenty of experience now. He knows accidents like that can happen. And if it wasn't an accident, just set it aside during the match and address it afterward.

And he goes on to complain about how "shit" has been done about it a year later... Sorry man, but you're a grown adult. If there was an issue with Hangman, talk to him about it. If there was an issue with anyone, the Elite, talk to them. It shouldn't be hard to talk to each other like adults and resolve issues if there are any. And if no agreement can be made, then move on.

His first return was huge. One of the biggest moments in wrestling history. But I'm not a fan of treating the business as high school, more or less, that he (again, based on reports) seems to go straight to doing.

Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Collision has felt different than Dynamite/Rampage so far. Not a bad different, just different. Punk got booed in Toronto tonight, but I wonder if that's because Omega is from Canada? Winnipeg, but maybe just Canada mattered. I'll be interested to see the crowd reaction when they return to the states in a couple weeks outside of Chicago.

Sunday is the only night without wrestling on now.

Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:11 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Starting to feel the effects of RAW, Smackdown, NXT, Dynamite, Rampage and Collision. Something's gotta give.

Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:14 am
The Kramer

Forbidden Door 2 100% lived up to expectatione. Ospreay is gonna be the top dog whenever he wants to come stateside.

Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:33 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Forbidden Door 2 was great.

I will say though... Sting should taking it a little slower than he has been. Sure, his decision, and I bet he's getting riskier knowing it's now or never basically at his age (64!), but he's come closer to some potential injuries this week. Twice at Forbidden Door involving Sammy, and then again tonight by jumping off that ladder from inside the ring to the outside. Looked like he smacked his face against Sammy's knee and may have knocked some teeth out.

Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The funny part of that is that Sting was never really a hardcore high flying type of guy. He came in to mentor Darby and became Darby instead.

But I think there must be something going on for him to do two crazy high spot matches in one week. I bet he's retiring by the end of the year, and I'd bet that he gets a title match against MJF at either All In or All Out (should we discuss how confusing it is to have both of these shows back to back?)

Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231 ... 235  Next