Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 5883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Darby v Christian going last on Wrestledream. Gee I wonder if something is gonna happen after the match. :hahaha:

Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:58 pm
The Kramer

Wrestledream is making headlines for a different reason but my goodness Danielson v Sabre was awesome. Easy 10/10 and my match of the year.

Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:22 am
100% That Bitch

Dynamit3 and NXT will go head to head next week.

Its Edge's debut match in AEW, meanwhile NXT will have appearances by Paul Heyman, John Cena, Cody Rhodes and Asuka. Lmfao next week gon be fun

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:53 am
100% That Bitch

And now a gong? Will they bring Taker to NXT?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:50 am
New Server, Same X

At this point, all they're missing is "Look in my eyes, what do you see? It's a brand new ep of NXT"

Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:24 am
The Kramer

Will never happen, but the best thing that could possibly happen in wrestling right now is NXT teasing an Undertaker appearance only to watch him show up on Dynamite and challenge Sting instead.

Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:05 pm
Devil's Advocate

After he had such a good match with Page at Wrestledream my pick to take title off MJF would be Swerve. It would be a more unpredictable move for them since most AEW champions like MJF and Page you knew it was coming and when like 2 years ahead of time, whereas it was only like a year ago that Swerve was supposed to just be the other guy in Keith Lee’s tag team. The normal AEW move would be to give to the biggest star who hasn’t had it yet in Danielson and to give him a guaranteed 8 or 9 months barring injury.

Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:06 pm
Devil's Advocate

I thought Ricky Starks and Big Bill destroying FTR the first ten minutes of Collision tag title match was just the typical comeback script, but then they just win? Kind of bold I guess, though FTR deserved better.

Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:55 am
New Server, Same X

Tony Khan really should have kept his digital mouth shut this week but... he just didn't. If he hadn't tweeted every imaginably dumb thing he could think of, WWE would have looked worse by throwing every last trick they could think of on NXT to counter Tuesday Night Dynamite. And still only managing to get 900K viewers.

Starting to think TK is the problem in a lot of these situations...

Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:15 am
The Kramer

Yeah, this week has been a reckoning for the post-Brawl Out AEW. You have Danielson and Swerve putting out a banger and it's completely overshadowed by random title changes and things happening backstage. I don't even care about NXT but they deserved the win for giving fans what they wanted.

Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:52 pm
The Kramer

Sky Pirates are back together!!!

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:35 pm
New Server, Same X

I don't want to knock it, but it genuinely feels like we're getting the Good Place version of WWE.

So glad to see Kairi Sane back in WWE. NXT people are making the jump to RAW and Smackdown (Creed Bros and Ivy Nile being the latest). Other new faces making strong impacts as of late (LA Knight, Solo Sikoa namely). Even though they get roasted for doing the same shtick every week, I'm glad to see Judgment Day being such a strong focal point of RAW every week. Destined for failure under Vince but soaring with H in charge of creative.

Yes there are always things that need improving. Maybe a stronger focus on the women's division. Maybe finally split up those tag titles. But hey, they even found a new purpose for Akira Tozawa!

Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:05 pm
New Server, Same X

It's going to be such a disappointment if the Devil is Jack Perry. They painted themselves into an unfortunate corner by making it seem so obvious to be Adam Cole, but I prefer the obvious in this case. I'm holding out hope that the reveal was delayed while Cole recovers.

Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:57 pm
New Server, Same X

It's fair to say Chicago is going to be disappointed tomorrow night when Punk doesn't show up (as it stands now judging by rumours).

I'm conflicted. Of course I still like Punk. But I also don't know where he fits in 2023 WWE. AEW kind of needed a big name when he debuted two years ago. WWE has their established names, their up and coming names (aka Triple H's pet projects), their part time stars (Logan Paul, Cena). I genuinely don't know what they would do with CM Punk. Of course I know the possibilities are endless, but... at what cost?

You have a guy that has proven to have high potential for not getting along with others. I don't see him wanting to come in and job himself out to guys like LA Knight, Solo Sikoa, etc. And worst of all, he needs them more than they need him. AEW needed CM Punk and fired him. WWE does not need CM Punk. The risks outweigh the rewards.

Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:15 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Feel it's definitely Cole as the devil. Anyone else, unless it happens to be some big name not already in AEW, isn't going to be very interesting for most fans.

If I had to choose, I wouldn't want Punk back. I don't mind him, and I don't think he'd be able to get away with the backstage drama in WWE, I just don't think he brings anything besides being over (but not universally so) with the crowd. He was still getting either mixed reactions or even boos at some arenas in AEW.

The only possibility is that he goes after Rollins and they have a match at Mania. But do you actually have Rollins, one of the top names and best wrestlers in the company over the past 5+ years, lose to someone who has an age on himself now and isn't nearly as good in the ring (understandably so) as before? Punk also seems to be pretty accident prone. Can he be dependable for a long term position on the roster?

I just don't like it. There's no reason for WWE to really bring him back these days besides to keep him under contract so he doesn't go somewhere else (barely a reason) or to get maybe slightly higher ratings and ticket sales for a while before they level off (decent reason, but WWE isn't hurting here).

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I haven't seen it yet but I'm both surprised and not surprised at all.

Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:27 am
Top Poster

I wasn’t planning to get Peacock annual Black Friday deal, but will likely do so now that Punk is back to WWE. Finally Punk gets to main event Mania as a part-timer!

Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:15 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm not going to dismiss his return or anything, it's a major moment for sure. If he's really interested in putting in the work, fine.

And as I expected, looks like we'll get a Rollins/Punk match at Mania. The "unseen" footage of Rollins flipping him off and going off at his return makes it obvious. Rollins is kind of overdue for a break, so I'd expect he'll drop the title too, but I really hope not. I guess if the storyline is good, and the match delivers and Punk wins, sure. It'll still feel a little "wrong" to do this to me though.

Punk going from Collision which was doing under 500k viewers when before he even left, I think, to possibly main eventing WrestleMania in... 8 months or something is pretty crazy though.

Overall it was a pretty good PLE. Both WarGames matches didn't quite meet expectations I felt, both like 8/10s for me, but I'll take them. There were a couple big spots, but both felt like they were playing it safe overall. (Match outcome in the spoiler!)
Spoiler: show
Would have preferred Damage Control winning the Women's match, but with Bayley taking the pin, I suspect the Japanese trio will turn on her soon

And all the singles matches were solid enough, but the winners were 100% certain for all three making them a bit uninteresting.

I'd give the show a 7.5/10 overall. Nothing really bad about any of it, it just played it safe and had obvious singles match results.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:52 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The whole main event was really well done. I usually don't love war games because the first 20 minutes of the match means nothing and therefore bores me. Yet the whole "is Randy gonna show up?" aspect kept it fresh and interesting. Great showcase of their talent. And best of all, they kinda proved that the company doesn't need Roman Reigns anymore. Obviously we can say "crazy how things change" about Punk, but it is really true of the overall health of both top companies. Somehow, someway, for the first time since the debut of Dynamite in 2019 - the wwe is putting out a better product. Never thought I'd say that again lol. Kudos to them.

Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:59 pm
New Server, Same X

If Punk can play well with others, this could be a catastrophic blow to AEW. They didn’t need Punk heading into Mania Season. But… they got him.

I’m really hopeful this is a redemptive run for him.

Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:07 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I feel this is probably Punk's last chance too.

I don't know his wealth, I imagine he's financially sound, but for the long term/rest of his life I don't know if he can afford to blow this golden opportunity. And then there's his age and how long he can be active in the ring.

So... two major reasons for him to want this to work out, so hoping for the best.

Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Sad I have soooo much to catch up on before getting to CM Punk’s WWE return. Hopefully he faces Owens at Wrestlemania.

Swerve vs Page was a great hardcore match, Page did great with the family man intensity. MJF vs White was a bit overbooked and I would have preferred them having a real match after enjoying their rivalry leading up to it. I was already going to have to lie to myself that there was a chance they make White win but he definitely had no chance as soon as MJF made heroic ambulance comeback. I did get into it more during Cole’s almost cost him moments. I’ve enjoyed the TBS title thing in recent weeks with Hart/Skye Blue/Statlander, it’s some ways it’s nice AEW women midcard is so small that the same people are on every week. I was expecting AEW mystery signing to be “Nick Nemeth" instead of just Ospraey.

Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:10 pm
Devil's Advocate

I loved the segment with Christian being mean to Luchasaurus and Nick Wayne’s mom almost getting a concerto.

Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:36 am
New Server, Same X

I genuinely don’t know what people expected last night. He delivered a fine first promo. He didn’t need it to be controversial after all the attention two days prior. And it’s WWE. He wasn’t going out to shit on AEW (I’d imagine he also isn’t legally allowed either). And he wasn’t going to drop a pipe bomb on WWE either. Beyond that, he just needs to start working his first feud. Which he more or less is with Seth.

Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:06 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

So, Orton...

Any chance we see him going for Cena and Flair's record? He's 43. He looks as good as he ever (maybe more jacked since he's been in a decade?), really, and I can see him going strong for at least another 5 years full-time if not up to 10 as maybe a part-timer.

The last time he was WWE/World champ was that short 2 or 3 week run in 2020, and before that back in 2017.

I'd like to see him be the one to hit 17 titles and take the record.

Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236  Next