Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 5856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
CDC just announced they're shortening the isolation period from 10 days to 5, so Day 1 has been saved! (...)

Sounds like bending over backwards for the angry passengers having their flights cancelled due to workers being sick/testing positive to me. Not unlike when they said it was fine for vaccinated people to toss their masks after a tidal wave of whiny tears became too much, just a month or so before Delta began to surge.

But I won't say more. This is rasslin', not... whatever the other stuff has become.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

WWE's solution to their covid outbreak is ... to stop testing for covid. I'm sure Roman is gonna love that.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:50 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Wasn't expecting them to release Covid Testing by year's end. Dana Brooke outlasted them, taking even the most skeptical by surprise!

It's probably something along the lines of only testing talent with symptoms or something, and not those that are vaccinated/without symptoms. But, it's WWE/Vince. Wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped testing all-together. But I wonder how they'll navigate testing outside their control, such as travel.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Is Veer Mahaan going to be released before he "comes to Raw?" Sounds like a good bet to make with someone.

I don't think he's been "coming to RAW" quite as long as Emma (Emmalina, right? And wasn't she released before "coming to RAW" after like 6 months?) or Lana's dance gimmick (that was at least 3 or 4 months of "coming to RAW"), but he's getting close! I think we're on month 3 now.

:funny:
Spoiler: show

Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:31 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Toni Storm has been released, 2 days before New Year's. What a full-blown waste of talent and future potential within the company. Wasn't she also in an ongoing "feud" (aka. losing every match) against Charlotte, too?

Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Toni Storm has been released, 2 days before New Year's. What a full-blown waste of talent and future potential within the company. Wasn't she also in an ongoing "feud" (aka. losing every match) against Charlotte, too?
Hmm, usual when just one person is released then it was probably a mutual agreement ala Andrade. I hope that's the case cause I don't want to see nineteen more names on this later today :grrr:

Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:07 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Toni Storm quitting (she wasn't released) brings us full circle on this shit year in WWE. It further accentuates the serious divide between the "top talent" and everyone else. You have Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, Becky Lynch, Charlotte, The Miz (it feels weird putting him here but who else has been so consistently WWE for 15 years?). They're the top. Everyone else? Entirely expendable. Some are slowly breaking into the top tier but it could take years (Bianca being one of them).

It's funny seeing WWE fans defend the company and shit on people for "not being champion" and wanting their release. It's more than that. It's shit booking. Every single expendable talent has two week booking. On any given day, on any given show, there is two weeks ago, two weeks from now and that's it. There's no long term booking. No one in any position now will likely be in the same position in a month. Look at Reggie and Dana Brooke. Why were they a team this week? Random. Why are the WWE Women's Tag Champions Carmella and Zelina? Why are they a team? And who is their competition?

The IC and US titles are meaningless. At any given time, I don't even know who the champs are.

Charlotte and Becky are heavily protected. Charlotte is the least enthusiastic champion ever. She has that dead-eye stare and she looks like she doesn't care. I was fine with Becky coming back and winning the title, only to put over Bianca. It's four months later and it looks like Bianca was booked like shit the entire time.

Toni Storm did the right thing for her career. She could be where Rhea Ripley is now. Rhea should have been a mega star, especially winning the title so quickly but she was booked like shit and now with the title off her, is there anything special about her?

WWE will likely do the same with Liv Morgan. It would be huge if she gave Becky her first championship loss in almost three years. But she won't. They're saving that for Mania I'm sure. Maybe for Bianca if they want to reconcile what they did. Maybe not.

It's as exhausting to write and think all that as it is to read I'm sure, but it seems every week I find new reasons to hate WWE. I don't care if AEW can only offer so much TV time. At least they seem to care about booking beyond a two-week window in either direction.

Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:05 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's very hard to get invested with anything in WWE lately (or for a year or two, at least). Random is a good word to describe their booking. You really don't know where anyone besides a select few, which you listed, will be in just a month or two. 90%+ of the main roster just flounders around. There really isn't much of a mid-card.

AEW has its flaws, but the level in passion they have versus WWE is palpable now. And all of their shows feel "special", and not just "another show" like all WWE does. I like to harp on them having 100-man tag-team matches so often (as I'm typing this, there is a 5-man tag team match opening the show tonight, followed by a 3-man tag team match), but they do use most of their allocated time well, and most of them are entertaining (if messy sometimes). It at the very least gives the talent some in-ring time versus pointless singles matches that last a few minutes or dumb promos. I don't want them to make Dynamite 3 hours, the 2 hours works very well. I would like to see Rampage extended to 2 hours as well though in the future. I'm not really sure why Dynamite is moving to TBS while Rampage is staying on TNT, but maybe this will allow them to work with the latter's scheduling.

EDIT: Britt Baker tweeted out an image of Toni Storm earlier. I don't want EVERYONE who is released (or is granted their release like Toni, thanks Mister Ecks) to go to AEW, but Toni Storm is too young and talented to really pass on, I feel. AEW would be a good fit for her.

Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Dan Lambert's pretty great, by the way. He can be a little crass, but he's a perfect heat magnet. And he even managed to get some cheers out of the crowd from the massive chorus of boos after taking a shot at Cody's neck tattoo. And his segment with Brandi was pretty hilarious.

I don't know if him "feuding" with Cody now is meant to somehow keep the audience on Cody's side, but I don't think it's going to work as well as they think after hearing the crowd temporarily side with Lambert of all people. They may somehow turn Lambert face in all this. :funny:

Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

The only Rampage I miss in months and it seemed to have a stellar tag team street fight. Not sure if people are simply exaggerating (the stipulation makes it easier to to so), but it sounds like a last-minute MOTY candidate from all the overwhelming praise I've seen.

And Cody gets even more heat for going on after it. :funny:

Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:02 am
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:06 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Certainly a spot-heavy match. (Also saw a rough spot where a table didn't break that wasn't featured in that video clip.)

In WWE news... Reigns has COVID, so his match with Lesnar was scrapped tonight. So Lesnaer is being added to the WWE title match to make it a Fatal 5-Way. I don't know what will happen in that match now, but I don't like Big E's chances of retaining. (Glad he wont he title, he's great, but he's been booked pretty crappy these past 2.5 months, so I doubt Vince leaves the title on him tonight.) We'll get to see Lesnar/Lashley in the ring tonight, so that's a plus?

Sucks for Reigns, of course.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

So... who was suppose to win the WWE title tonight instead of Brock?

Somehow, Big E had a worse run than Kofi did... And both ended up losing to a recently returning Brock too, oof...

Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:04 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

No further evidence required for WWE's shit booking. A last minute decision to add Brock to the WWE title match results in Brock winning the title. Why? There was no reasonable justification to have him involved on RAW. There's a whole story involving Roman and Paul Heyman. The storyline between Brock and Roman was building for months.

Another part-time WWE title run in progress.

Same shit, new year.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:16 am
The Kramer

I assume it would be Lashley, with Brock then winning the rumble to set it up. Now it's set up though. Lashley owned Lesnar in the match last night. I feel really bad for E, his title run was about as memorable as Jack Swagger. If he had hit the big ending on Brock and pinned him that would have been awesome. But it would just be another brief moment, same as his cash in, where does E go from there? I so wish they had saved his run for after Mania.

If anything it was Liv would got screwed. She's not top tier, but looked like she belonged in that spot. But I guess Becky would have just had to win it back quickly anyways to set up her Mania program. At least Liv Morgan increased her value, so that when she gets released later in the year there will be a nice little bidding war for her talents.

Despite all that ... It was a pretty good show. Much better than Summerslam, the last wwe ppv I watched.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:15 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Bianca is the only one with a realistic chance to beat Becky for the title, but I seriously doubt she will (at least anytime in the next... while). I'd rather bet on Becky holding the title for 1-2 years than Bianca beating her for it in that time. Maybe a returning Bayley or Asuka, but hard to say when they'll be back.

I assume they'll do Lesnar/Lashley at Mania now. Seems too big to do before Mania, right? (After Lesnar squashes Big E in his rematch at Rumble or Fastlane, IF he even gets a rematch...) Don't really know how they'll handle the feud between Lesnar/Reigns (and Heyman) now though after spending a couple/few months setting it up. Seems unusual to put it off for 3+ months. And for the love of all the wrestling GODS, DO NOT bring back Goldberg to challenge Reigns at Mania instead...

Although a Lesnar/Reigns Winner-Take-All Title in a Paul Heyman on a Pole Match at Mania would be main event material for sure.

Also, reminder: Wrestle Kingdom 16 begins tomorrow!

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:47 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

New Day vs Usos was great and I liked the Edge/Miz match more than I thought. Main event delivered in short action packed match. I want to support Liv due to how likeable/hot she is (I almost changed my avatar to a gif of her that would make Dr Lecter proud), but I thought the match was ok.

Lashley vs Lesnar was the obvious move at Wrestlemania and it may as well be for the title. I'd guess in original plan Lashley wins Royal Rumble and they would've got a solid main event in their Fast Lane type PPV of Big E vs Lesnar with Big E title reign ending like The Fiend and Owens. The downside now is that Royal Rumble is pretty anticlimactic with Lashley likely winning, and if not that it'd likely be McIntyre winning 2nd time in 3 years which would be pretty boring.

At Crown Jewel they had 3 heavyweight matches in Reigns/Brock, Big E/McIntyre, and Goldberg/Lashley which probably was highly successful financially, so maybe they'll just the same 6 guys but mix up the pairings, after Reigns/McIntyre and Lesnar/Lashley that leaves Big E and Goldberg, which makes perfect sense with Big E's viral video about it being his dream match and loving big slappy meat matches. Then again maybe they'll just bury Big E and put him in the US title picture or something, and I'm not quite that certain McIntyre is that guy to deserve the push of all pushes by beating Reigns at Wrestlemania, but if Lesnar/Lashley are occupied with each other who else is there? They should finally do Reigns vs Goldberg but that feels more like a Royal Rumble title match to me as Reigns has to win.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:21 am
The Kramer

With all this talk about who the real champ is, Brock v Roman unifying match seems more likely. But what do you do with the rumble winner then? Will they ape from New Japan and have people competing on multiple nights?

Like say:

Night 1: Brock v Big E or Kevin Owens - squash no matter who they pick obviously but since they're blowing the Lashley match at the ppv I'm not sure who else there is to win the rumble.
Roman v Drew McIntyre - boring, but less boring if its only his first title match. If Drew is hurt for real then I guess you slide Xavier Woods in here for another quick squash?

Night 2:

Roman v Brock for both titles

I guess there's still time to change, but I just don't see why they'd do Brock v Bobby so early if this was not the plan.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:23 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

So... what's this Ric Flair/Becky Lynch "feud" going on? Or rather, why has Flair been going after her on social media for weeks (months?)? I don't think she's actually interacted with him. He's not with WWE right now, so I guess it being some work can be thrown out, so is he just full-on "old man yells at cloud" now?

I get the impression that he thinks her "The Man" moniker somehow infringes on him in some way? :unsure:

And yay Okada! I'd love to see some matches between him and Bryan Danielson.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

William Regal has been released. And Road Dogg and apparently others in NXT too, but Regal?!

Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Damn shame. New year, same WWE.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:14 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Page/Danielson II was very good, unsurprisingly. I thought it was going to be a no contest with both of them being unable to compete after a while, thus giving us Part III down the line. Now I'm curious where the feud goes.

Jade/Ruby wasn't as good as I was hoping. But I'm glad Jade won.

Lucha Bros/Jurassic Express was great. Glad the latter one this one. And was that a...Wyatt (or someone else) tease with the lights during the match?

Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:05 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Oh fuck... Rey Fenix very likely broke his arm in that match tonight... Didn't notice it as it happened, but looking at the replay online now, it's pretty brutal (entire arm from the elbow down bent backwards...). Why did he throw his arm out before taking that table bump... I know, natural instinct and all to break a fall, but yikes. Wish him the best.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:59 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

RIP Ray Fenix's arm. I didn't notice it at first, but obviously something went wrong since they never followed up on the lights going out. Though Im gonna pretend they turned them off just so Aleister Black could walk to his seat.

Great show up until the injury. Hangman v Daniel Bryanson was aces and had a terrific finish! And even though the injury soured the match, seeing Jurassic Express finally win the big one was heartwarming.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 ... 235  Next