Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 5856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
I was so disappointed with the Jeff Hardy news. I feel like every time I saw him over the past few months come out to the ring, he looked sluggish and winded. As time went on, I chalked it up to age. But I'm assuming it was drugs or alcohol. He did have that incident just two years ago.

Lots of people online especially those affiliated with Jeff saying he's good and all that. It feels like this is routine now. Once he gets some sort of push, he self-destructs. Seems like he was on his way to a match with Roman Reigns soon.

Anyway, that's the way it goes. He lasted longer than expected in WWE. I just hope if it's drugs that he gets help. This is an unfortunate cycle that I don't see ending well.

Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:53 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I was surprised MJF received such a positive reaction. Hometown and all, yeah, but it's still pretty rare for a major heel to receive the reaction he did. It was refreshing though.

And yeah. Hardys/Bucks definitely had a timer. Matt, in particular, is really starting to show the effects the last 25 years or so have had on his body, so if a great/excellent match with the Bucks is to eventually happen, it's gotta be pretty soon. (Not to mention Jeff's problems.)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

It was refreshing for sure. Being a WWE watcher, I expected he would come out and still shit on his hometown. But it was fun to see him play up a babyface side (excluding the beatdown on Dante Martin). Plus Punk pulling an HBK in Montreal.

Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:05 pm
The Kramer

After tonight's Raw I am thinking that Lashley is gonna win the rumble and Mountain Brock is gonna beat Roman at some point. It's a big match they've never done and fits with the direction the company has been taking.

Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:18 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

That would be okay. Still not too big on Brock beating Reigns, but I guess they have to do something with this storyline. Reigns has been champ for over 1.5 years, and has had an incredible run as head of the table (still is), so I just question how his reception will be when he does drop the title. Especially so that a Heyman betrayal seems likely.

The Reigns new face of the company experiment finally worked out, so pulling the rug out from under him in favor of Brock is a little bleh.

And what's happening with this Austin Theory/Vince thing?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I'd say Roman would remain a heel and maybe go after Big E for the other title? What I'd really like to see is Roman and the Usos v The New Day to unite the world and tag titles but we know how much Vince loves his brand splits.

I'm actually pretty interested in Day One (ish) now. A lot of possibilities.

Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:48 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Great match between Page and Danielson, but letting it end in a draw is a bit annoying. That's 2 draws (the other being the Omega match) out of 15 for Danielson now.

(Also, AEW needs to chill just a little bit with the multi-tag team matches. There is an 8-man tag AND a 10-man tag match scheduled for Rampage this Friday!)

Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Everyone should follow The Iron Sheik on Twitter, by the way: https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik

He really likes the words "fuck", "bitch", and "jabroni". Often used together in a single sentence. And he hates that "son of a bitch" Hulk Hogan. :funny:

Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

The draw worked for me. WWE fans will shit on it and say if WWE did that, everyone would hate it, but WWE would never let a match go an hour on TV. When was the last time? HBK and Cena 15 years ago? They overdo the DQ finishes instead. I was happy to see Bryan and Page go an hour like that.

I'll also make the point that Bryan looks unbeatable right now. Two of the best (and current champions at the time) in Omega and Page couldn't beat him in the time limit. Page looks great for keeping up, but Bryan has two draws in his record now.

Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:44 pm
The Kramer

My problem is that the story would have been exactly the same if Hangman had gotten the pin at the ene. Bryan clearly outmatched him, but Hangman has resiliency as was able to survive. That is basically where we're at but without a satisfying ending to the match. I'll take the 60 minute match though, especially over the wwe style which would have had Seth Rollins interfere for the DQ after about eight minutes.

KO resigning with the Dubs has to be the swerve of the week! Good for him for getting paid. He may not be Roman in their eyes, but is at least a consistent upper card guy who will not be randomly cut after a shareholders meeting.

Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:43 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I definitely enjoyed the match. As as Flava'd said, the draw was far better than WWEs far more annoying DQ finishes.

Would have preferred to have seen Page win though with a surprise last minute counter or something. Danielson was the better wrestler in the match, so suffering a loss here wouldn't have been damaging or anything, presuming he defeats Page for the title in the future.

Do either of you watch NJPW? If not, I'd recommend subbing to their streaming service (only about $8.80/month right now with the favorable exchange rate) for Wrestle Kingdom 16. It's absolutely loaded this year as a 3-day event. Nights 1 and 2 happen on January 4th and 5th, and Night 3 happens on January 8th. You may not be familiar with all the wrestlers, but it'll no doubt be a great show. There's an English broadcast team (usually Kevin Kelly, Matt Striker, and maybe one other) for the big events.

Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

So, that Reigns talk from this week sure got more interesting after tonight!

Now onto the 18-man tag team matches on Rampage tonight. :lol:

Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Okay... CM Punk cosplaying as OG Sting for their 3-man tag match tonight is awesome. And the new face paint look for both String (CM Punk-style) and Darby (is his referencing something, or is just cool?) is nice too. (We obsess over face paint in professional wrestling, right?)

Also, this was cool:

Spoiler: show

EDIT: MJF had an insanely close call. That fall on his head/neck looked bad as is, but a split second late in tucking his head or not extending his right arm to "soften" the fall could have resulted in a very serious injury. He appeared okay though, thankfully. Video below:

Spoiler: show

Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Would have rather seen O Reilly as an adversary to Cole, but I get that an Undisputed Era v Elite match is a huge draw and therefore can't blame anyone.

The main event was alot of fun.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:10 pm
Devil's Advocate

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Who is even gonna win the Rumble this year? They don't seem to have anybody ready to push into that spot, and have already established that nobody on the current roster can beat Roman. I really don't think they're gonna get The Rock anymore...

They're on different shows right now, but Becky v Sasha is the one big match WWE has never done at a main roster ppv. I'd be into that main event, I just doubt it happens if Roman is still champion.

Didn't they do Hell in a Cell? I don't think Becky and Bayley has ever been done

I have for Wrestlemania (only about 3 weeks behind at this point so I assume not a ton has changed)

Reigns vs McIntyre Universal - meh but they seem to be saving this match

Seth Rollins vs ??? - WWE title

Brock vs Lashley - Shame they couldn't do this when Lashley was in unstoppable champion mode but they still have to do it sometime

Big E vs Goldberg - Big E's dream big slappy meat match

Edge vs AJ - another dream match for Edge

Charlotte vs Sasha Smackdown's womens - Sasha wins Royal Rumble. Has been like 5 years so it's cool for them to revisit at Wrestlemania, and they also seem to be avoiding doing this too soon

Becky vs Bianca for Raw Women's or triple threat with Asuka or something - either way their next big thing Bianca gets Wrestlemania crowning moment again

Orton vs Riddle - we know how this ends

Rey vs Dominik - evil Dominik?

I don't know what to do with Raw men's title and Royal Rumble winner since I have Rollins winning it from Big E and I'm not sure what babyfaces Raw has for him to face after that other than Orton who should be doing a Riddle storyline. Damian Priest mega push winning Royal Rumble? Otherwise if Big E is still champion after Day 1, they could make Goldberg win the Royal Rumble and face him, or make Brock or Lashley win the Royal Rumble and have the other take the title off Big E. Brock hasn't won Royal Rumble since his first run so it has to happen again sometime.

Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:04 pm
The Kramer

Ew can't believe they gave the title back to Cody. On Christmas no less. AEW went grinch this year.

Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:59 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Are they just trying to make Cody a heat-magnet (more than he is), or is this a case of behind the scenes ego having too much control?

Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

AEW not allowing people to comment on their #AndNew TNT Champion Cody Rhodes Tweet isn't a good look. Or...maybe it is? More heat for Cody? Though this probably redirects some of the heat over to them now.

I just hope it leads to something interesting with Cody. If he's just going to pop up to beat over talent (such as Archer, Black, Andrade), stopping their momentum, sometimes for titles, with little/no feud or build-up a few times a year, it's just... pointless. If it leads to a "heel turn" (though it seems he's just sort of... awkwardly, or gradually, transitioned into it by this point to me--at LEAST 3/4 of the crowd boos him) that helps create a new angle for his character, interesting storylines, etc., then awesome.

Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Cody has been the only great TNT champion who actually elevate opponents even when he defeat them. Brodie Lee and Miro just continued to squash most of their opponents as champ. Allin and Guevara both have much more interesting storylines when they weren’t champion, and became more boring as champ.

Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Seth got covid, surely fucks up Day 1 plans.

Most likely Becky has it too

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:50 pm
Devil's Advocate

I enjoyed WarGames a lot, after the last few years it seemed kind of groan worthy that it took the place of a regular Takeover and title match. The men's WarGames match has to be one of the best since the first one, I don't know if these 2.0 guys will live up to it other than maybe Scott Steiner's son (although I did love the blonde douche crying in agony while Pete Dunne cracked his fingers) but for the moment it was a good storyline to do. KOR or Strong being in the match instead of LA Knight would've made it feel like more of an old school thing, but I do like that KOR got to have a classic level tag match on his last Takeover. The women's WarGames also had a solid storyline and the Cora Jade girl is really cute (next AJ Lee on main roster?). The woke guy being a cruiserweight match despite being fat cause he's fighting against sizeism was also funny and he seems not too bad in the ring.

Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:05 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mau wrote:
Seth got covid, surely fucks up Day 1 plans.

Most likely Becky has it too

Apparently a number of talent may have recently gotten it. Seth confirmed it himself, but Reigns, Big E, Corbin, Becky, and Bianca were all pulled from recent (and future) holiday tour house shows.

Vince could have released all of them on Christmas though and it hasn't been announced yet. There hasn't been a mass firing in a month or two. A bit behind schedule there.

Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

List of talent pulled from the holiday tour house shows and suspected to be absent from at least Raw this week:

Reigns
Big E
Rollins
Becky
Nakamura
Carmella
Zelina
Bianca
Liv
Lashley
Corbin
Woods
Theory
Doudrop

And if reports are true, at least half of the staff and producers are out as well.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

So Lesnar v Sami Zayn at the ppv then? Lol.

Now they have no excuse to not put the Usos on last. The ppv is named after them!!!!

edit* I missed Woods on there the first time. So ... Lesnar and Sami v Usos for the tag titles? :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Bet they wish they had Daniel Bryanson and Hangman to fill up an hour of time.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:50 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm curious how they'll address all this on Raw. I'll assume that they'll let everyone know the names that won't be there or for some future shows (perhaps even missing Day 1) and cite Omicron concerns. But it's WWE, and they may say absolutely nothing about many of their top talent not being there, and wait until the day of the PPV before deciding to change any of the matches too.

I was also thinking that this *might* be a good way to get the title off Reigns without having him take an L? He isn't confirmed to have COVID, so they may have pulled him as a precaution. He, and anyone else with current/past health concerns, probably shouldn't be traveling/wrestling for a little while. Especially not in hot spots like New York.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211 ... 235  Next