Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Absolutely she wasn't trained properly. Plus there's the whole "My hole!" thing. She can't be so bad to have that be a part of her career.

She has said she isn't vaccinated. And Karrion Kross seems like he was anti-vax as well. I'm not saying this is the reason but seems suspect for them.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:23 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's possible some/many of the released names weren't vaccinated. Doesn't really strike me as something Vince and company would be overly strict about though assuming regularly testing was an alternative.

Tony Khan has hyped Dynamite tonight. Interested to see if it was just a few tweets above regular marketing, or if a big name may debut. He mentioned Okada by name, and while it's be amazing to see him in AEW for a while for some dream matches, don't really feel like he's a name that will attract non-AEW fans already. Again, it'd be amazing as he's one of the best, but questionable move.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

A bit of a sloppy Dynamite last night.

-Several awkward/botch moments in the women's tag-team match.
-Yuta/Wardlow had a couple rough spots.
-Orange Cassidy takes hold of the chair (that Hardy is holding) and puts it over his own head and holds it in place.
-American Top Team really need to work on their punches/strikes, etc. I was going to mention this weeks ago, hopeful they'd make progress, but no improvement so far. Their punches/strikes are very slow and they're holding back far too clearly.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Hangman!

MJF v Darby was an A+!

Punk and Bryan both looked good out there. The six man tag had a lot of great spots.

Not their best show overall, a few of the matches felt about five minutes too long, but they delivered on the big moments.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:27 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

MJF/Darby was excellent. AEW excels at kicking their shows off with top-notch matches.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Alex Y. wrote:
So I just realized that Bryan Danielson has not really been a face so far in his debut, and it will be all so sweet when they reveal him as a monster heel (which I believe will happen very soon after the Kenny Omega match)

Danielson hinted at this in the media scrum last Sunday, where he said that unlike Punk wanting to help the young guys, Danielson wants to kick their heads in instead (like he brutally did to Brandon Cutler on Dynamite.). It’s very noticeable how different Punk and Danielson’s debuts have been, and going in opposite directions gives them completely different slate of opponents to face.

This will be really exciting since too me Bryan’s best persona in the past 9 years in WWE was as the cocky heel that had years of potential but was cut off prematurely, and now he gets to be at his best again,

Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Good call! Bryan does excel as a heel.

Great show tonight. Not a weak match on the entire card. In fact, I'd say every one of them was good/great. Strong debut for Lethal in the main event against Sammy. Pairing Lio Rush and Dante Martin up was a good move. The MJF/Punk feud should be great, but I am a little disappointed that the MJF/Darby feud is seemingly over as a result. Would have enjoyed seeing a couple more big matches with that pair.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

This was a crazy sequence. Some fans hate this type of wrestling, and I can agree somewhat when it's the majority of a match or featured in a majority of matches on a card, but it's still pretty fun to watch at any time. Plus, when longer sequences like this are successful without anyone making a mistake, it's very impressive.

Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Behind again but thoughts on some releases I just found out about

Adam Cole - I don't know how much of the forever NXT guys was people who didn't want to go to main roster (Seems like the case for Gargano/Ciampa), but it's crazy if they never called him up strictly because Vince didn't believe in him. Yea he is small, but did they think a dude like Jaxson Ryker had more star potential? Even Kross seems like a worse bet. And not only did it not help NXT to leave him there instead of calling him up roughly when he lost to Gargano in 2 of 3 falls spring 2019 (let alone shortly after he beat Bryan), it actually hurt NXT to have the same guys in there too long and trying to be a 3rd brand, the version of NXT I like most has a constant cycle of new signing does a few non title PPVs, wins the title, loses and then gets called up. Albeit AEW probably screwed up some of their new talent pipeline.

Bray Wyatt - What a weird journey of being hot, then ice cold, then white hot again, then suddenly ICE cold again and then released. Unlike Cole it's also hard to see what he does outside of WWE, it's all character and promos for him and not wrestling and WWE is the best for that. I think they should've figured it out and just had him doing a C list faction with TBar and Mace as the Eater of Worlds for a while or something.

Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:29 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

:funny:

I was gonna make a joke on Sasha's insta about how the first woman eliminated tonight goes straight to Impact, but held off on it. :funny:

Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:34 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

What is wrong with people? :zonks:

Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

The Finn Balor ending at Extreme Rules... Vince :disgust:

Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:36 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Oh yeah... wanted to forget about that forever. Thanks, Shack! LOL.

So, that 21 minute promo/conversation between Punk and MJF on Dynamite last night. Very good. Great, perhaps. Heavily relying on WWE references might seem unnecessary, but I think it works well against Punk in this way. It's shaping up to be a great feud, but I do hope MJF gives Punk his first loss. I think that's what they'll do, but it's still a little early in Punk's AEW career, so I think there's the possibility he takes the first match. (And there better be more than ONE match.)

Wish they weren't tossing Black into tag team matches, especially when they become 6/8-man so much. (Or what feels like a lot.) They can't be pushing everyone into the main event scene at the same time, but he was really, really over prior to that dumb loss to Cody. I still think he's over and certainly main event material, but he'll need what would have been an unneeded push to get back to his status pre-Cody loss.

Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:28 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Agreed with Black. He seemed unstoppable, but so did guys like Lance Archer and Brian Cage before they took a few too many losses to smaller dudes. Then again, if the Daniel Bryanson feud ends before the next ppv, I could easily see Malakai getting the main event vs Hangman.

Twas a very Rawish Dynamite last week, though like a decent early 2010s raw, where they still pushed young talent,instead of a current Raw, where they fire all the young talent.

Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:36 pm
Devil's Advocate

I watched Dynamite this week - MJF and Punk was a great segment but I lost interest when I saw matches with QT Marshall and 50 year old Billy Gunn. Looking at recent cards it seems to me like overall a lot of matches with star vs jabroni who they're not worried about taking a loss.

Some of the guys in that tag main event like Pac, Andrade, Black, etc. looked to me like the makings of an exciting midcard (along with some others like Guevera/Allin/etc.) if they let these guys wrestle every week and lose half the time or more. Someone has to be Sheamus/Ziggler/Cesaro/Nakamura/etc. Maybe that would step on some egos and people who didn't think that's what they were coming to AEW for, but it would fill out the show more.

Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:44 pm
The Kramer

I got six months of Peacock for $15 on a cyber monday deal. ~$2.50 a pop seems fair for wwe ppvs these days.

And MacGruber: the series of course!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:20 pm
New Server, Same X

What fucking year is this? Why is throwing a pie at someone seriously an extended part of a storyline in wrestling in 2021? That shit was dated when The Three Stooges did it almost 100 years ago.

Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:58 am
The Kramer

Who is even gonna win the Rumble this year? They don't seem to have anybody ready to push into that spot, and have already established that nobody on the current roster can beat Roman. I really don't think they're gonna get The Rock anymore...

They're on different shows right now, but Becky v Sasha is the one big match WWE has never done at a main roster ppv. I'd be into that main event, I just doubt it happens if Roman is still champion.

Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:36 pm
Devil's Advocate

I was feeling Big E's title run through his Lashley matches, but the air is coming out of the balloon for his run for me in this McIntyre face vs face feud, especially with McIntyre moving to another show, making it unlikely he wins and taking away the chance of this being the heel turn he needs. Making E play the Xavier/Kofi role and get beat up in tag matches before the more exciting in ring athlete Drew comes in and gets the hot tag burst is a bad look for the WWE champ. All because Vince wasn't content with 2 big slappy meat matches at his already stacked Saudi Arabia card but needed a 3rd one. I know it would've been groan worthy if they went with the annual tradition of the new champion defending against Ziggler and doing the exact same storyline as his with McIntyre, but maybe if it was a triple threat or a four way with Sheamus or something, idk.

Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:07 pm
Top Poster

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Who is even gonna win the Rumble this year? They don't seem to have anybody ready to push into that spot, and have already established that nobody on the current roster can beat Roman. I really don't think they're gonna get The Rock anymore...

They're on different shows right now, but Becky v Sasha is the one big match WWE has never done at a main roster ppv. I'd be into that main event, I just doubt it happens if Roman is still champion.

I could see: them doing one of the following if they do title changes at next ppv:
Bobby Lashley (RR winner) v. Brock Lesnar (champ)
Roman Reigns (RR winner) v Seth Rollins (champ)

If no title changes, I could see them do one of these:
Goldberg (RR winner) v. Roman Reigns (champ)
Omos (RR winner) v. Big E (champ)

Sasha winning RR to face Becky is a great idea.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm not even sure what's happening on RAW. Haven't watched a full episode in months. Rollins seems like a favorite to possibly win the Rumble. He could challenge Reigns then. I would hope for Balor, but he'll probably just get the 30+ minute stay in the Rumble and get eliminate in the final 4-8 or something though. Plus, even if he did win, he'd lose at WrestleMania.

I'm hoping Bayley and/or Asuka return for the Rumble and win. Unsure on the current state of their recoveries though. Both were excellent with helping carry the division without the crowds, so hope they get more success once they return.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Appears tonight was Johnny Gargano's last match in NXT, and presumably WWE.

Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:03 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Jeff Hardy was released today (or maybe yesterday). I don't know if it's due to another relapse (he walked out of a match during a house show a day or two ago), but given his history, it wouldn't be surprising, unfortunately.

Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I loved Punk heeling off on the Long Island crowd. MJF trying to recreate Punk's entrance with the LI fans was weird though. Very nationalistic to root for a villain just because he happened to be born in the same place as you. I bet all those people voted for Trump.

Jeff Hardy's thing definitely seems like a relapse, though I am holding out hope that it is all just a ploy to get to AEW. Hardys v Young Bucks is a big money match but I feel like there's a timer on it.

Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210 ... 235  Next