Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D 

What grade would you give this film?
A 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
B 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
F 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 5

College Boy Z

Post The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D

Quote:
The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D, also known as simply just Sharkboy and Lavagirl, is a 2005 motion picture of action, adventure, comedy and fantasy by Robert Rodriguez, the writer, producer and director of Spy Kids. The film uses the same anaglyph 3-D technology used in Spy Kids 3D: Game Over. The film stars Taylor Lautner, Cayden Boyd, Taylor Dooley and George Lopez. Many of the concepts and much of the story were conceived by Rodriguez' kids.

Last edited by zingy on Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:06 pm
Teenage Dream

There is no chance what so ever I am going to see this crap. If I see expect to get below a D+, unless I am surprised by how good it is. :roll:

Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:33 pm
College Boy T

There is no chance what so ever I am going to see this crap. If I see expect to get below a D+, unless I am surprised by how good it is. :roll:

You shouldn't assume that you're going to give a movie something below a D+. That's ignorance. It shows an unwillingness to judge objectively on your part.

Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:38 pm
College Boy Z

If you have a pre-determined grade, you'll most likely give it that grade, even if it was slightly better than you expected. You'll purposely look for the bad parts about the movie so that you can slap that D+ on it.

Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:39 pm
I'm interested in it only because I had such a bad reaction to SK3D.

Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:00 pm
Veteran

There's nothing wrong with a movie made with a cetain audience in mind. My children love the Spy Kids series and can't wait to see this. I only liked the first Spy Kids and have no desire to see this, but if they are entertained, I don't have a problem with it.

Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

I never saw any of the Spy Kids movies in theaters, but this actually looked pretty *gulp* good to me. The 3-D aspect is definitely to interest me at least, though the storyline is actually something I can identify with too. I might catch it along with one or two other movies this weekend.

Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:50 am
Hot Fuss

Nah, it won't be that bad. It's a kids movie. And atleast RR tries to do something new and creative with each film.

Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:41 am
Profile YIM WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

In short, it was bad, but benign and entertaining for kids. The acting was subpar, the script even worse and the CGI dated at best. However, given the target range, what can be expected? Not as good as the Spy Kids Series, which lagged into its later parts, but still decent enough for the younger crowd.

C+

Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:01 pm
Lord of filth

though the storyline is actually something I can identify with too.

You've been taken to another planet by a gilled boy and a girl formed of molten rock and forced to use your imagination and boyhood innocence to thwart an evil-doer?

Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

MovieDude wrote:

You've been taken to another planet by a gilled boy and a girl formed of molten rock and forced to use your imagination and boyhood innocence to thwart an evil-doer?

Na, just the whole little kid with lots of imagination to spare daydreaming about dinosaurs and other creatures kind of connects to me.

Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:00 am
Homo Dperious

andaroo wrote:
MovieDude wrote:

Na, just the whole little kid with lots of imagination to spare daydreaming about dinosaurs and other creatures kind of connects to me.

Yeah, same here. It's not that well made, but I just couldn't hate this movie. I'd love to see a better version of this.

Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:19 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]