Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Air 

Grade:
A 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
B 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Air 
now we know

Post Air

Quote:
Air is a 2023 American biographical sports drama film directed by Ben Affleck and written by Alex Convery. The film stars Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Jason Bateman, Marlon Wayans, Chris Messina, Chris Tucker and Viola Davis. It is based on true events about the origin of Air Jordan, a basketball shoeline, of which a Nike, Inc. employee seeks to strike a business deal with rookie player Michael Jordan.

Air had its world premiere at South by Southwest on March 18, 2023, and was released in the United States on April 5, 2023, by Amazon Studios, making it the first film Amazon has released in theaters without simultaneously premiering on Prime Video since Late Night (2019).

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:19 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Post Re: Air
Air is a great film, boasting outstanding performances from Viola Davis and Matt Damon. Both Ben Affleck and Jason Bateman do well in their supporting roles. The decision to withhold Michael Jordan's appearance on-screen was an intriguing choice, ultimately not detracting from the movie's impact. Skillfully paced and superbly written, Air is infused with just the right touch of humor, making it an ideal choice for a delightful springtime viewing. Under Ben Affleck's masterful direction, Air earns 9 out of 10.

I was blind, but now I see.

Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:38 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

lilmac wrote:
Air is a great film, boasting outstanding performances from Viola Davis and Matt Damon. Both Ben Affleck and Jason Bateman do well in their supporting roles. The decision to withhold Michael Jordan's appearance on-screen was an intriguing choice, ultimately not detracting from the movie's impact. Skillfully paced and superbly written, Air is infused with just the right touch of humor, making it an ideal choice for a delightful springtime viewing. Under Ben Affleck's masterful direction, Air earns 9 out of 10.

Can't wait!

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:12 pm
Hold the door!

Air has an exciting final act as the Jordan’s decide which shoe to endorse, even if the films first 2 acts occasionally fall into standard feel good drama territory.

Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:27 pm
Extraordinary

Pretty good. I do wish Michael Jordan just let the actor playing him have lines lol but oh well

Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:46 pm
The Kramer

For me, Air was a (much) better version of Ford v Ferrari. What happens when unrelenting persistence combined with once in a lifetime talent goes head to head with the rigid corporate infrastructure?

There are just so many high quality with high quality acting, writing, direction and cinematography. Affleck, after spending the last several years in front of the camera instead of behind, returns to the type of filmmaking that created his career resurgence back in the early 10s. The movie is packed full of feel-goodery that could have become obnoxious, yet it never does and always just feels like we're spending intimate moments with these characters instead. We all know where the story is going, and still they are able to sell us on the uphill struggle involved in it. There's no way he's picking Nike over Adidas right?

For all that, I'm gonna give Air an 8.8/10.

Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:59 pm
Keeping it Light

Very enjoyably film, Affleck continues his prowess as a filmmaker and it has a mighty fine cast to be considered prestige. It's mostly light and breezy throughout though, with humor, 80's culture and a great range of songs to define the film in positive ways. I also like the way they used the character of Jordan, ever so looming in the background, but never front and center. Instead focusing on other lesser known parts of how he came to sign with Nike. Though a certain dedication to making this film is definitely felt, I didn't think it achieved a level to make it live on like the primary subjects it's based on.

B+

Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]