Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Fresh 

Rate this film:
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Fresh 
Keeping it Light

Post Fresh

Quote:
Fresh is a 2022 American black comedy thriller film directed by Mimi Cave, in her directorial debut, from a screenplay by Lauryn Kahn. It stars Daisy Edgar-Jones and Sebastian Stan. The film is a co-production between Legendary Pictures and Hyperobject Industries; Adam McKay produced the film alongside Kevin J. Messick and Maeve Cullinane. The plot follows a young woman who starts dating a charming man, only to discover his horrifying true nature. The film premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on January 20, 2022, and was released on March 4, 2022, on Hulu by Searchlight Pictures.

Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:44 pm
Wallflower

Post Re: Fresh
LOVED this! I watched it last Sunday night and it has stayed with me. Daisy Edgar-Jones was so charming and the cinematography was really great. The credits coming a half hour into the movie was very cool. While I wish this would have gotten a theatrical release it's probably for the best it didn't. At least for my benefit :p. This would go on a very very short list of movies that have made me feel physically ill. It's crazy because I've seen movies that are way more brutal and gory. But the subject matter made me queasy and I'm not totally sure why it got to me like it did because
Spoiler: show
I watched the show Hannibal without issue. But when he was removing her ass I had to pause it and lie down.
I felt so nauseous. I honestly thought maybe I had the flu and it was just a coincidence that it happened during this movie. It sure felt like I did. But eventually I felt better and resumed the movie. That scene was really the only one that got to me like that and it wasn't even graphic. Just the idea of it though. I am pretty certain if I'd seen it in a theater I would have passed out or thrown up. I came very close to the latter. Definitely don't want to hype this up as being super grotesque because plenty of people will be able to handle this just fine and I'm sure I'll seem like a wimp. But the advice about not eating before watching it isn't bad.

Anyway there's a very good chance this will be my favorite horror movie of 2022 and it should easily land in my top 10 unless 2022 is an unusually great year for movies. Hopefully on repeat viewings I won't feel queasy.

A

Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:59 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I thought it was great. Daisy Edgar Jones was fantastic and the film was twisted and unpredictable. Sebastian Stan made a great villain too. The end was also very crowdpleasing. A-

Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:33 pm
Profile YIM
Star Trek XI

Loved this! Daisy Edgar Jones, Sebastian Stan, and Jonica T. Gibbs are all great

Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]