Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Wrong Turn (2021) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Wrong Turn (2021) 
Keeping it Light

Post Wrong Turn (2021)

Quote:
Wrong Turn (also known internationally as Wrong Turn: The Foundation) is a 2021 horror film directed by Mike P. Nelson and written by Alan McElroy. The film is a reboot and the seventh installment of the Wrong Turn film series. The film stars Charlotte Vega, Adain Bradley, Emma Dumont, Dylan McTee, Daisy Head, Bill Sage and Matthew Modine. It is an international co-production between the United States, Germany and Canada.

Wrong Turn was theatrically released for one day on January 26, 2021, by Saban Films.

Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:59 pm
Wallflower

Post Re: Wrong Turn (2021)
This has to be the biggest movie surprise I've had in ages. While it's pretty common knowledge now I'll reiterate that this is really not a Wrong Turn movie except in name. I had to remind myself to distance it from that series at the start of the film. I was torn on the idea of it not following the same basic premise of inbred hillbilly cannibals. On one hand I thought the series was mostly bad after the first two and after six movies it couldn't hurt to try something different. But it really is difficult thinking of a Wrong Turn reboot without them. Or, it was difficult. It really didn't take long before I found myself invested in what was happening and shockingly it didn't have any characters I actively wanted to see meet their demise. Despite not wanting them to die when the kills did come they were pretty good.

The second half is what made it great for me. I thought The Foundation made for surprisingly interesting villains and the finale was really suspenseful. The ending itself was icing on the cake. Charlotte Vega is a very good lead. I also liked Matthew Modine as her character's father (though the character made some frustratingly stupid decisions).

Highly recommend this to horror fans who can separate it from the original series. Though if forced to compare I might have to say this is my favorite. Maybe it's just the initial high of this actually turning out to be a really solid flick. Time will tell. Either way it's worth watching. While it works as a standalone entry I would welcome a follow-up.

Will be buying the Blu-ray.

8/10 (A-)

Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:27 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I thought this was OK. It was way too long and not as fun as I remember the original being. But the characters were likable and I found the performances better than I was expecting. B-

Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:22 am
Profile YIM
Forum General

I thought this was decent for a backwoods slasher, but it shouldn't have been called Wrong Turn IMO. The Foundation or something would have been a much more accurate title, but for what it is I enjoyed it because its well made for the most part with some pretty brutal kills and solid performances from Charlotte Vega, Matthew Modine and Bill Sage.

C+

Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:09 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I have never seen the original Wrong Turn movies but I know about them and this does not fit in the series but that aside it was a good thriller that moves at a brisk pace, has brutal killings and good acting from Charlotte Vega and a brilliant Bill Sage.

B-

Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]