Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear
Quote:
The Naked Gun ​2 1⁄2: The Smell of Fear is a 1991 American comedy film. It is the sequel to the 1988 film The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! and the second installment in The Naked Gun film series. The film stars Leslie Nielsen as the comically bumbling Police Lt. Frank Drebin of Police Squad!. Priscilla Presley plays the role of Jane, with O. J. Simpson as Nordberg and George Kennedy as police captain Ed Hocken. The film also features Robert Goulet (who previously made a "special guest star" appearance on Police Squad!) as the villainous Quentin Hapsburg and Richard Griffiths as renewable fuel advocate Dr. Albert S. Meinheimer (as well as his evil double, Earl Hacker). Zsa Zsa Gabor, Mel Tormé and members of the Chicago Bears have cameo roles.

David Zucker returns from the first entry as director and screenwriter of the film. Jim Abrahams and Jerry Zucker serve as executive producers for the film and receive writing credit due to their contributions to the first entry of the series and the Police Squad! television series. However, neither contributed to the screenplay for the film.

A third installment in the series, Naked Gun 33⅓: The Final Insult, was released in 1994.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:09 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear
I am surprised that there is no thread for this movie. I searched with multiple keywords but let me know if I somehow missed its thread.

This movie tries hard to mimic the formula of the original but it a lot of the jokes do not land this time and while the story is still good its just not fun anymore. The acting is still great here and direction is pretty much similar to last movie.

B-

Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]