Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Kindred 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Kindred 
Keeping it Light

Post Kindred

Quote:
Kindred is a 2020 British horror film directed by Joe Marcantonio and starring Tamara Lawrance, Jack Lowden and Fiona Shaw.

Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:03 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Kindred
If your going into this expecting a horror film your going to be sorely disappointed IMO. This is definitely more of a dark, psychological melodrama than anything else and while that's fine and all I just wish I didn't go into this expecting something else. The performances are really solid though, especially from Fiona Shaw and Tamara Lawrence, but I found the drama to be fairly dull at times and made the movie even more unengaging than it already was. I also didn't like that fact that we pretty much got no satisfying, payoff in this movie whatsoever and at the end the day the whole thing just seemed so pointless.

C-

Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:12 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Kindred
I ended up loving this. It keeps building the tension and has enough amount of creeps throughout. I love that this was a psychological thriller and it does not try to become anything more than that. I loved Tamara Lawrance and Jack Lowden in this but felt Fiona Shaw went a little overboard. The finale was not satisfying enough due some of the choices made by the script but I was pleasantly surprised by what came before.

B-

Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]