Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Spell (2020) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Spell (2020) 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Spell (2020)
Quote:
A man crash lands in rural Appalachia and awakens in the attic of a traditional Hoodoo practitioner. He desperately tries to break free from her dark magic and save his family from a sinister ritual before the rise of the blood moon.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:44 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Spell
Loretta Devine gives a fun, villainous, scenery chewing performance in this and I even thought Omari Hardwick was pretty solid, but the second half of this movie really took a turn for the worst, especially that third act which was just beyond ridiculous. It got way too silly towards the end for me, but at least it was never boring.

C

Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:18 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Spell (2020)
Agreed this had so much potential but it takes too long to setup and then stumbles in third round. They needed tighter first half which would have given them more time to explore the story of 2nd half. The first half is great as a good slow burner in itself but it leaves no time for tons of story to tell in 2nd half. Not saying that both halves would have worked together in this format but with a better handling this had potential to be classic. The other problem is that the movie fails to generate any thrills, horror or creeps, specially the creeps which was needed for this kind of movie. I did not find acting in this great as well.

C-

Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]