Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 American Murder: The Family Next Door 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

American Murder: The Family Next Door 
Keeping it Light

Post American Murder: The Family Next Door

Quote:
American Murder: The Family Next Door is an American true crime documentary film directed by Jenny Popplewell. The film tells the story of the 2018 Watts family murders, which took place in Frederick, Colorado. It uses archival footage including social media posts, law enforcement recordings, text messages and home video footage to depict the events that occurred. It was released on Netflix on September 30, 2020.

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:45 am
100% That Bitch

Post Re: American Murder: The Family Next Door
A

Probs the best documentary I've ever seen

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:35 pm
Keeping it Light

I watched this as well and I think that's a bit too much praise, but it does give us a pretty intriguing look into the family before the murders and how out of left field the murders just appear to be. It actually comes up short in that way, that it raises more questions than it answers, but as an introduction to the story it does the job.

B

Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:39 am
100% That Bitch

What questions? They pretty much implied he killed them to be with his new lover.

Which is all sorts of fucked bup that you're willing TO KILL YOUR WIFE AND TWO KIDS instead of .. divorce??

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:45 pm
Keeping it Light

Yeah, implied and it certainly seemed to be his main motivation and you answered as well that if it was just that a divorce would have achieved him the same thing, so more depth in what drove him to these lengths would have been nice.

Like in short it's not hard to explain that he's just a psychopath...and a dislike for your wife after years together is not that unheard off, but how much do you need to hate your kids to do this. If a random guy can act so out of character how could you ever trust in anyone around you not snapping like this, he seems to defy human nature and more insight in that would have been appreciated.

Like what kind of upbringing did he actually have, how was the relationship between him and his wife really pre his infidelity, they seemed to have money problems throughout, how did this affect him/them.

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:00 am
100% That Bitch

The fact he kept his straight face until he met his dad is what makes me think he's a fucking psycho.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:23 am
Keeping it Light

Yeah, the carefreeness with which he went on with his life after the murders and when confronted with it is scary, definitely psychotic. And he was constantly changing his story, he first broke to confess killing Shanann, but denied killing his daughters even he undeniably dumped them in those oil thanks for dead...like who does that shit really, he kept trying to cover his ass till the end, not feeling remorseful for some reason because he apparently felt it just had to be done for his own narcissistic happiness, sick.

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]