Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 The 'Canadian Idol' Thread 
laneyboy

Post The 'Canadian Idol' Thread
Well since we do have quite a few Canadians here, why not start this up? Well the first episode was on last night and the second one is tonight. So far I haven't been impressed, but that female rocker was pretty good. I'm sure she'll go far.

Last edited by Maguire on Tue May 31, 2005 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 31, 2005 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

uummm, is this on CTV?! because i think i get the channel!! :D
what channel is it on Satellite?! does anyone know

Tue May 31, 2005 7:12 pm
New Server, Same X

I watched. I actually don't like the show, but still watch it. I don't know why. I would take Simon and Seacrest over Zach and Mulroney any day of the week. I wouldn't care between Farley and Jackson, or Paula and Sass. And why the hell is Jake Gold there? He's like the odd man out, that no one really cares about. The best part of the show is Jon Dore. I like him. He should be hosting alone, not with Ben Mulroney.

Tue May 31, 2005 7:18 pm
The French Dutch Boy

Farley kicks ass. Smart, articulate, and cool. The true cool, not like Randy.

I personally think Zach is awesome. And Sass is funny... sometimes. Jake is the only one I think is stupid. Although I would never cut him out, he adds a certain flavour, even if I think he's moronic.

Mulroney has gotten better. In the first season, he was ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL. He got much better the second season, even though he's still awkward. I don't mind him anymore. John Dore is hilarious!

The first episode was pretty cool. You can't really gauge much from these early episodes though. Often times they cut out the great singers and don't even show them.

PEACE, Mike ;)

Tue May 31, 2005 7:24 pm
laneyboy

It's on CTV. I'm not sure about the satellite channel, but it could be on 205 if my friend is right. You'll have to check though.

Tue May 31, 2005 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
laneyboy

I have to agree about Farley. He is by far my favorite judge out of American and Canadian Idol. He knows exactly what he's talking about and says it well. And I agree with him about 90% of the time.

Tue May 31, 2005 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

matatonio wrote:

It's on CTV. I'm not sure about the satellite channel, but it could be on 205 if my friend is right. You'll have to check though.

205 is Fox News, ooh well thanks anyways :smile:

Tue May 31, 2005 7:28 pm
The French Dutch Boy

laneyboy wrote:
matatonio wrote:

CTV is 225 on my Bell ExpressVu satellite. But this will vary from company to company, because a friend of mine has Rogers, and the "regular" channels are all in the 600 range I believe, whilst all my "regular" channels are in the 200 range.

PEACE, Mike ;)

Tue May 31, 2005 8:08 pm
laneyboy

Honestly, what's the point of them going to the Yukon, PEI or Nova Scotia? They only got 10 people from each and the judges aren't even there! It's really a big waste of time. And so far, I haven't seen one person that really stands out yet. They all suck or average. I'm hoping that their just not showing some of the best ones, otherwise this will be one horrible season.

Tue May 31, 2005 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

matatonio wrote:
laneyboy wrote:
matatonio wrote:

CTV is 225 on my Bell ExpressVu satellite. But this will vary from company to company, because a friend of mine has Rogers, and the "regular" channels are all in the 600 range I believe, whilst all my "regular" channels are in the 200 range.

PEACE, Mike ;)

i have Dish, and 225 is the shopping network

i guess i dont have the channel, i just checked the Guide either i missed it or i dont have it, but its fine
Thanks Mike!

Tue May 31, 2005 8:25 pm
laneyboy

Ok well the second part of the show had some better people. That blonde girl in Montreal was fantastic and there were a couple of good people in Moncton. It's getting better.

Tue May 31, 2005 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
The French Dutch Boy

The french girl who could sing opera was by far the best singer I have seen on the show so far. Everyone else is rather bleh. I'm a little worried...... HOW in the HECK did the chubby cheerleader who was pimping the show move on? She was terrible! Overall though, better show.

PEACE, Mike ;)

Tue May 31, 2005 9:39 pm
laneyboy

The french girl who could sing opera was by far the best singer I have seen on the show so far. Everyone else is rather bleh. I'm a little worried...... HOW in the HECK did the chubby cheerleader who was pimping the show move on? She was terrible! Overall though, better show.

PEACE, Mike ;)

Ya she was really good, but I think she sings better in french and may struggle with english (like Audrey did in season 1). But the cheerleader didn't make it. She said they gave it to her a souvenir. Before I heard that, I almost had a heart attack. I also think we're getting a bit of Idol overload. Another episode tomorrow? Too much.

Tue May 31, 2005 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Honestly, what's the point of them going to the Yukon, PEI or Nova Scotia? They only got 10 people from each and the judges aren't even there! It's really a big waste of time. And so far, I haven't seen one person that really stands out yet. They all suck or average. I'm hoping that their just not showing some of the best ones, otherwise this will be one horrible season.

Hey hey hey... you got a problem with Nova Scotia? :-k [-( We have the world's biggest fiddle, you know. I can see it whenever I like!

Tue May 31, 2005 9:55 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I'm on-board for another year, although it is a sure case of overkill coming right after American Idol, but whatever.

The first night didn't really yield anyone of note, but last night's show had a few decent ones.

**Let me go for the glory and predict that Casey (young blond girl) will win the whole damn thing**

Okay, now that that's out of the way, I will say that I also liked that French girl who sang the opera and Michelle, the girl with the 7-year old kid.

The judges on Canadian Idol are way better than on American Idol. For one, none of them have a limited vocabulary like a certain "Dawg" that we know, but most importantly there is no fucking sappy, forgiving, retarded basketcase like Paula. These judges can make some pretty damn weird picks, but overall they're very decent.

Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

What the hell was that, feel bad for these poor saps night? They showed like three stories in a row, and you figure if they show the stories, they're going through. Nope! Boo. I'm a little annoyed with some of the choices, but that's okay.

Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:40 pm
Teenage Dream

Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:41 pm
New Server, Same X

Shouldn't this be stickied?

We Canadians aren't important enough for a sticky. :cry:

Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:46 pm
life begins now

Are the singers better than on American Idol, or is it too early to tell?

Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:54 pm
Profile YIM
laneyboy

Tonight was probably the best night of singers so far. That overweight guy was fantastic, the indian girl who was the radio host was also really great. There were also a lot of other good ones.

And to answer Chris' question, it's too early to tell this year, but last year was probably the best top 10 out of any idol show. I'd say about 5 or 6 of them were good enough to win.

Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
The French Dutch Boy

Tonight was probably the best night of singers so far. That overweight guy was fantastic, the indian girl who was the radio host was also really great. There were also a lot of other good ones.

And to answer Chris' question, it's too early to tell this year, but last year was probably the best top 10 out of any idol show. I'd say about 5 or 6 of them were good enough to win.

Last year's Canadian Idol was SUPERB. The top 3 in our second Canadian Idol were the BEST TOP 3 I have seen out of all American Idol/Canadian Idol shows, in my opinion. I absolutely loved it.

PEACE, Mike ;)

Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:49 pm
Cream of the Crop

I'm still kind of disappointed Shane came in 5th and was beaten by Jason, stupid maritimes, first Gary Beals, then Jason. Also I really hated Kaleb and couldn't stand Jacob, but the top two were good.

As for the start to this season, so far it's okay. I've actually laughed at a few things Ben has said so that is a nice surprise. Still hate John Dore and I still prefer the Toronto top 100+ episodes to these initial audition stages.

Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
laneyboy

I'm still kind of disappointed Shane came in 5th and was beaten by Jason, stupid maritimes, first Gary Beals, then Jason. Also I really hated Kaleb and couldn't stand Jacob, but the top two were good.

I was a HUGE Shane fan. He had the most powerful voice out of anyone there. It was just a shame that he never clicked with the audience that much with the audience. Kaleb was indeed dreadful, I put the mute button on whenever he was around, and Jacob was ok, when he wasn't acting like a complete ass hole. He covered up his mediocre singing with cheap theatrics.

Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
Full Fledged Member

I haven't watched since the first season when it came down to a crappy lounge singer and a lousy gospel singer. If thats the best they could come up with they can keep it. Ryan what his name has cancelled so may of his concerts due to poor ticket sales, what do they expect. As soon as the new idol is on they abandon the old one. Non of these no talent hacks will be around long. Sugar Jones anyone?

Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:44 am
Profile WWW
Some days I'm a super bitch

Are the singers better than on American Idol, or is it too early to tell?

It's hard to tell. The singers on AI are more commercial, but the Canadian talent seems to be more original and inspired. If you want to check it out, the idolmedia site has last season's performances and should have this year's as well.

Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 228 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next