Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Unknown Origins 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Unknown Origins 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Unknown Origins
Quote:
Unknown Origins (Spanish: Orígenes secretos) is a 2020 Spanish film directed by David Galán Galindo, written by David Galán Galindo and Fernando Navarro, based on Galindo's novel of the same name, and starring Verónica Echegui, Leonardo Sbaraglia and Javier Rey. The film was released on August 28, 2020 on Netflix. The film was scheduled to show at the 2020 Málaga Film Festival, but filmmakers pulled it from the schedule when the festival dates changed from March to August.

Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:35 am
Forum General

Post Re: Unknown Origins
A pretty decent little Spanish crime/comedy with a lot of popculture/superhero references which were fun and added a refreshing and different feel to the film overall. I mean its actually kind of hard even describing this movie because it feels like such a combination of different genre's, but it is mostly played for laughs which will probably be hit or miss for most. It's also quite gruesome at times when it comes to the violence and the aftermath of the kills which I didn't expect and reminded me a bit of Seven which was interesting to say the least.

C+

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:55 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Unknown Origins
This has great concept even though it borrowed a lot of elements from other movies but I felt the execution was off and the end wasn't compelling enough. If the fun elements were not as great in the first two-thirds of the movie I would have given this an even worser grade. For now its C-

Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]