Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Owners (2020) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Owners (2020) 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Owners (2020)
Quote:
The Owners is a 2020 horror thriller film adapted from the graphic novel Une nuit de pleine lune by Hermann and Yves H. and directed by debut director Julius Berg, with a screenplay by Mathieu Gompel, Julius Berg, in collaboration with Geoff Cox. The film stars Maisie Williams, Sylvester McCoy, Rita Tushingham, Jake Curran, Ian Kenny, and Andrew Ellis.
The Owners was released in the United States on September 4, 2020, by RLJE Films.

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:02 pm
Forum General

Post Re: The Owners (2020)
I was really enjoying this for the first hour or so, but then that third act happened and it pretty much nose dived for me from there. It has a nice atmosphere and some pretty creepy imagery, but it got way too silly to me towards the end and the finale wasn't satisfying at all. It doesn't help that none of the characters are all that likable either even Maisie Williams whose quite good in this performance wise, but I found her character equally despicable as well. The actors who played the elderly couple were really good too, but this whole premise has been done better before in other films like Don't Breathe or even The Visit which I'm not a big fan of, but its definitely a better film than this.

C

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:52 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Owners (2020)
Agreed with Dil. The first half of the film when its just the heist for a helpless couple its good and has great thrills. It doubles down on insanity with the tense combination second half but then the tables turn and its goes completely off rails. Maisie Williams and Sylvester McCoy are both great here but the rest of the cast fails to impress. The house design is really nice as well. The movie needed character development justify character actions and ofcourse it needed to land the ending which is completely stupid.

C

Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]