Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Bill & Ted Face the Music 

Rate this film:
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Bill & Ted Face the Music 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Bill & Ted Face the Music
Quote:
Bill & Ted Face the Music is a 2020 American science fiction comedy film that acts as a sequel to Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (1991) and the third installment in the Bill & Ted trilogy. It is directed by Dean Parisot and written by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon. Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves reprise their roles as the respective title characters, and William Sadler reprises his role as the Grim Reaper, while Kristen Schaal, Samara Weaving, Brigette Lundy-Paine, Anthony Carrigan, Erinn Hayes, Jayma Mays, Holland Taylor, Kid Cudi, and Jillian Bell join the cast.

While the script for this film had been laid out as early as 2010, there were difficulties finding a distributor to back production. By May 2018, a distribution deal had been secured and the film entered pre-production; filming officially commenced on July 1, 2019.

Bill & Ted Face the Music was simultaneously released in theaters and through video on demand in the United States on August 28, 2020, by United Artists Releasing. The film received positive reviews from critics, who deemed it a welcome addition to the franchise.

Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:03 am
The Kramer

Post Re: Bill & Ted Face the Music
If you a fan of the first two Bill and Ted movies, Face the Music will be a most excellent time. Keanu (total pro, not a single hint of "I'm too good for this now" in his performance) and Alex go forward in time to see how their lives would turn out had it not been for the multiple interventions from the future while their daughters go back in time to relive the excellent adventures and bogus journeys.

The end is a little corny, but also a great message - you can't just wait around and expect some messiashs to unite the world, it takes effort from everybody.

A - for Bill and Ted fans like myself. If you don't count yourself among that group, go ahead and watch something else cause this one isn't gonna change your mind.

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:58 pm
Forum General

Man did I need this last night. After hearing that sad Chadwick Boseman news earlier I was really in the mood to watch something that would cheer me up somewhat and honestly while this movie isn't great and is probably the weakest in the franchise it did do the trick IMO. The chemistry between Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter is still pretty great and while the lack of budget definitely showed at times there was almost never a moment that didn't make me chuckle or bring some kind of smile to my face.

I was just charmed by it throughout and it was great seeing William Saddler back as death as well as Hal Landon Jr. and Amy Stoch even if there screentime was pretty brief. I liked Samara Weaving and Brigette Lundy-Paine as the daughters too, but I do wish more was actually done with there characters.

B-

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:52 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

This is indeed a delight specially because of the end. The middle half loses focus and I wish they have included the daughter's a little more but it all comes around in the final act. The story specially towards the final act is not tied as neatly as it wants to rush towards the musical ending. This one was definitely better than Bogus Journey for me but original stays the best of the three.

B

Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]