Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Sputnik 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Sputnik 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Sputnik
Quote:
Sputnik (Russian: Спутник) is a 2020 Russian science fiction horror film directed by Egor Abramenko in his feature directorial debut. It stars Oksana Akinshina as a young doctor who is recruited by the military to assess a cosmonaut who survived a mysterious space accident and returned to Earth with a dangerous organism living inside him. Alongside Akinshina, the film's cast includes Pyotr Fyodorov and Fyodor Bondarchuk.

Sputnik was scheduled to have its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in April 2020 prior to the festival being postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The film was released on video-on-demand in Russia on April 23, 2020.

Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:41 am
Forum General

Post Re: Sputnik
A fairly solid Russian scifi-horror film even though I thought it leaned a little heavier on the drama side of things than the horror, but I also found the dramatic elements engrossing. It's well acted, well paced and very well made, especially when it comes to the CGI creature effects and the gore which is thankfully practical for the most part and pretty gruesome at times. This movie definitely didn't look cheap and it always surprises me the amount of production value and money that Russia sinks into these genre films. It's not as visually impressive as other Russian sci-fi films like The Blackout or Coma, but man do I look forward to seeing more of there films if they can remain this consistent when it comes to quality.

B

Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:35 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Sputnik
This was a solid Russian sci-fi horror drama that concentrates on tense situation and some gore more than horror scenes. The scenes when we are first introduced with the creature are really tense and done very nicely. The middle act does bring the conflict which is carried throughout the final act but I found the movie starts to loose momentum when the creature and host is separated and the movie concentrates on politics. The ending also felt like a cop-out as there were other possibilities to explore here. The cast is great here specially the two leads and I loved the practical effects of the creature.

B+

Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]