Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Deep Blue Sea 3 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Deep Blue Sea 3 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Deep Blue Sea 3
Quote:
Deep Blue Sea 3 is a 2020 science fiction natural horror film starring Tania Raymonde. It is the third installment of the Deep Blue Sea film series, and a direct sequel to Deep Blue Sea 2.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:16 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Deep Blue Sea 3
This movie is better than it has any right to be IMO, especially considering its the third film in a franchise they didn't need to become a franchise in the first place. I thought the sequel before this was absolutely awful and I had no high expectations for this at all, but honestly it kind of surprised me that its actually pretty decent. The shark action is entertaining and some of the deaths are actually pretty creative and quite gory. Hell I was even more surprised at how much I actually cared about some of the characters with sexy Tania Raymonde and Emerson Brooks being the clear standouts. Sure the CGI looks crappy at times, but its about what you would expect from a low budget, straight to VOD type of movie. I'd still take this over any of the Syfy Channel/Asylum crap that comes out nowadays or worse those shitty zero budget shark movies like Shark Exorcist or Ouija Shark.

C+

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:51 pm
The Kramer

Yeah this a quality chompfest that probably deserves a better title than Deep Blue Sea 3 ( it is loosely connected to the original classic, though very loosely with a few lines of dialogue that were probably added in later.) It's no Jaws, but the writing and acting were much better than usual for these types. Dil is 100% right about Tania Raymonde getting it, and I feel like this role should land her alteast one paycheck for an aquatic based blockbuster (she would make an awesome Navi, just saying.) And the setting, a sinking city taken by climate change, was really cool and unique.

It would normally be a B, but my love of sharks is gonna drive this up to a B+.

Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:51 pm
Wallflower

Surprisingly well-made for a direct-to-DVD sequel. But also surprisingly dull for far too much of its runtime. Not that I don't enjoy character development in movies. But this had way more than I need from a shark movie and not enough of what I watch a shark movie for. If I found the characters remotely interesting that would be one thing. But that wasn't the case and unfortunately not much exciting happens until the last 40 minutes. I will say those 40 minutes are pretty decent though. And despite being a bit on the boring side it's honestly probably better than it has any right to be.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:31 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Agreed with all the comments above. Really good that it has any right to be. It needed a better budget and this concept would have done really well. The final act even though cringey are tense and shot beautifully. This needed much more shark action than it shows here.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]