Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Becky 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Becky 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Becky
Quote:
Becky is a 2020 American action horror film, directed by Jonathan Milott and Cary Murnion, from a screenplay by Nick Morris, Lane Skye and Ruckus Skye. It stars Lulu Wilson, Kevin James and Joel McHale.

It was scheduled to have its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in April 2020, but the festival was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It released on June 5, 2020, by Quiver Distribution.

Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:07 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Becky
When this movie finally gets to the over the top, gory kills it's actually pretty damn entertaining, but it takes way too long to really get there IMO. Lulu Wilson's ferocious performance is easily the best thing about it other than the kills, because I honestly thought she was even scarier than Kevin James and his Neo Nazi gang. Also, while it was cool seeing Kevin James in a different kind of role that he was quite solid in I didn't think the writing for his character was all that good nor most of the characters in this movie who just keep making one poor decision after another. It's definitely worth watching for the great kills, but this script had some major issues that really bring it down from being anymore more than just decent at best.

C+

Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:50 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I liked this one more than I thought I would specially because of Lulu Wilson's performance. Kevin James was good but his character was written too thinly. I loved the kills but not the finale also the ending with Becky looking like a psychopath didn't sit well with me. There are quite a few problems with the script but overall a decent film.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:50 am
The Kramer

Becky sure is a rambunctious character and I'm all for it. Kevin James is also surprisingly menacing as the villain. This movie should be a modern classic, but it's actually kinda boring for most of the middle section. There's really only about 40 minutes of good material and the rest is spent on one of Kevin James' goons being indecisive which just isn't that interesting to watch.

5.9/10

Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]