Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Vast of Night 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Vast of Night 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Vast of Night
Quote:
The Vast of Night is a 2019 American science fiction film written by James Montague and Craig W. Sanger, directed by Andrew Patterson, and starring Sierra McCormick and Jake Horowitz. The film premiered at the 2019 Slamdance Film Festival and was released theatrically in the United States by Amazon Studios in drive-in theatres and on Prime Video on May 29, 2020.

Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:53 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: The Vast of Night
With the lowest of low budgets, The Vast of Night is quite an achievement, building tension in very creative ways, even though it may not have had enough plot for the full 90 minutes. The two leads are excellent. I want to see Jake Horowtiz play Matthew McConaughey.

I think KJ will enjoy this one.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:30 pm
Forum General

Yeah this actually pretty damn solid. Very stylish and well directed and what helps it even more is how likable and charismatic the two leads are. I can definitely see Sierra McCormick and Jake Horowitz going on to do bigger and better things, especially Horowitz who does a crazy on point Matthew McConaughey impression. It's also pretty atmospheric and tense at times, although I do think that the ending was a bit too bleak IMO. To me it just came a little too out of left field and honestly it seemed like it was really only there for shock value purposes more than anything else.

B

Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:52 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

The tension keeps building in this solid thriller which is stylistically directed but then it falters in the end. If not for the end this would have been a masterpiece or cult favorite. The two friends really don't add much to the story. Really loved the night scenes where camera just rolls around the town and few switches to TV mode.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]