Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 I'm No Longer Here (Ya no estoy aquí) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

I'm No Longer Here (Ya no estoy aquí) 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post I'm No Longer Here (Ya no estoy aquí)
Quote:
I'm No Longer Here (Spanish: Ya no estoy aquí) is a 2019 Mexican Spanish-language award winning musical drama film written and directed by Fernando Frías de la Parra. The film stars Juan Daniel Garcia Treviño, Yahir Alday and Angelina Chen in the lead roles. The script was already completed in 2013 and was originally published as a short story and then the full length feature film was completed in 2019. The film was released on 27 February 2020 and received positive reviews from critics. It will also be streamed via Netflix on 27 May 2020 and Netflix platform unveiled the official trailer on 16 May 2020. The film was also screened in several film festivals including the 2020 Tribeca Film Festival and the film received several awards and nominations in international film festivals.

Thu May 28, 2020 6:59 pm
100% That Bitch

Post Re: I'm No Longer Here (Ya no estoy aquí)
why you gotta translate the original title to english? lol
anyway this was an overhyped mess. C.

Me living in Monterrey and knowing all the shit poor people that live in that zone it hits close to home. But it's still a mess.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun May 31, 2020 3:33 am
Forum General

I didn't think this was bad or anything, but I didn't think it was all that great either. The acting definitely isn't the problem because the main kid was pretty solid and its a well made film, but it was hard for me to actually care about anything going on in this movie since I never got emotionally invested in the characters. I was honestly more fascinated and intrigued by it than anything else, especially when it came to the culture and the real history behind it.

B-

Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:22 pm
100% That Bitch

Dil wrote:
I didn't think this was bad or anything, but I didn't think it was all that great either. The acting definitely isn't the problem because the main kid was pretty solid and its a well made film, but it was hard for me to actually care about anything going on in this movie since I never got emotionally invested in the characters. I was honestly more fascinated and intrigued by it than anything else, especially when it came to the culture and the real history behind it.

B-

That culture is nearly over. The War on Drugs almost wiped them off the face of Monterrey.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]