Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Eyes of My Mother 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Eyes of My Mother 
Keeping it Light

Post The Eyes of My Mother

Quote:
The Eyes of My Mother is a 2016 American black-and-white horror film written, edited and directed by Nicolas Pesce in his directorial debut. It stars Kika Magalhães, Olivia Bond, Diana Agostini, and Paul Nazak. The film was produced by Borderline Presents and Tandem Pictures and distributed by Magnet Releasing.

Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:12 am
Forum General

Post Re: The Eyes of My Mother
I remember this being pretty solid. Very creepy at times and atmospheric and the black and white filter definitely added an extra something to it. Really sad that this director showed so much promise with this film only to follow it up with that fucking awful Grudge reboot. Maybe the guy should just stick to doing artsy indie horror films like this.

B

Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:14 pm
Defeats all expectations

Very atmospheric. The remote setting and the silent pauses, combined with the black and white photography, gave this stylish horror movie a distinct feel. It was a chilling experience seeing the traumatized and lonely protagonist drawn into the murderous and sadistic dark.

74/100

Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:14 am
Defeats all expectations

Dil wrote:
Really sad that this director showed so much promise with this film only to follow it up with that fucking awful Grudge reboot.

The director seems quite attracted to the idea of sadistic pleasure. His first two films (this and Piercing) both have that similar theme that gives off a Japanese kink-vibe.

I thought he would be suited for directing The Grudge given its Japanese origin. Unfortunately that movie has poor reviews.

Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]