Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Platform 

Rate this film:
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Platform 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Platform

Quote:
The Platform (Spanish: El hoyo, transl. The Hole) is a Spanish science fiction horror-thriller film, directed by Galder Gaztelu-Urrutia and released in 2019. The film is set in a large, tower-style prison where the inmates are fed by means of a platform that gradually descends the levels of the tower, ostensibly a fair system if each inmate takes only his or her fair share of food, but deeply inequitable in practice as inmates at the top levels have the ability to take much more food and leave less for those below.

The film's cast includes Iván Massagué, Antonia San Juan, Zorion Eguileor, Emilio Buale Coka and Alexandra Masangkay.

The film premiered at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival, where it won the People's Choice Award for Midnight Madness. At TIFF, the film also secured a worldwide streaming deal with Netflix

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:06 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Platform
The concept is relevant and bonkers, you can relate why one would want to go there. The first half while slow builds the world well and is very captivating. The second half starts well but goes in some weird and unnecessary convoluted places. There are just so many great things that come before that you can forgive it for the last third.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:11 am
Forum General

I definitely enjoyed this one. I just loved the concept and the originality behind it even though parts of it are certainly reminiscent of films like Parasite, Snowpiercer and Cube. I just didn't know how it was all going to end and that aspect kept me hooked alone. The finale was pretty underwhelming though, but it didn't completely ruin the movie for me.

B

Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:57 am
The Kramer

The Platform is a fascinating movie filled with big ideas and strong performances. The ending is little abrupt, I was hoping they'd go full Cabin in the Wood with it. but the overall product is still great.

Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]